Evergreen Center Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"A career, not a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Evergreen Center is the kind of place you can make a career, not just have a job. I have worked here almost 8 years and was able to move from an instructor position to a supervisory one. There are many employees that have been here a lot longer than me, probably dozens with 10 or even 20 years. The job is challenging but very rewarding. The students at are the biggest pro. Also, the student’s families who... really appreciate what we do. I work mostly at the residence so I see the families more when they visit or pick up their child. The families of my students always make a point of telling me how thankful they are for the work we do and talk about the progress their student has made. I work with the students on skills at the house and out in the community. I have very dedicated coworkers in the residence where I work, who work hard and like their job. The salary had gotten much better since I started, especially in the last year. There is overtime available for extra pay.

Cons

It is really frustrating to see some other things some people post. There are some people who think working at Evergreen will be a quick paycheck. Or only want to work with their friends. If everything doesn’t go there way or there friend’s way they complain the manager isn’t fair. This is hard work. If you don’t want to work hard or with students then this is not the right place to work. If staff just did... the job they wouldn’t have anything to complain about. There are many staff how have worked here for many years and love their jobs. It’s too bad other people get to make things up.

Advice to Management

Keep giving staff doing a good job the chance to move up.

Evergreen Center2019-03-19

"Valuable experience for those in the ABA field"

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The students are by far the best part of working at Evergreen. Seeing them make achievements and knowing you play a vital part in that is a great feeling. There’s also ample opportunity for professional growth if you are interested in becoming a BCBA or a SPED teacher. The free food doesn’t hurt either.

Cons

A number of staff don’t pull their weight and they make a lot of excuses. Other staff can be pretty rude to their peers. Communication is often times lacking.

Advice to Management

Encourage more of a team approach for the students' benefit. There is sometimes unnecessary tension between different departments.

Evergreen Center2019-05-24
  3. "Educational Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Milford, MA

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

working with the students

Cons

no breaks, being mandated while already doing the required 6 mandated hours every week.

Advice to Management

value your employees a little more

Evergreen Center2019-09-01
  4. "Find your clique"

Former Employee - Instructor in Milford, MA

I worked at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over time, flexible schedule after probation period

Cons

You gotta find your clique because that's how this place works you gotta be good at kissing Agency Charge buts. And if your black and working a lot of overtime be careful because it is our own that don't want to see us succeed sometimes.

Advice to Management

Hire black people in upper management

Evergreen Center2019-05-02

"Difficult but Great Opportunities"

Former Employee - Behavioral Education Team Supervisor in Milford, MA

I worked at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At the Evergreen Center you have the opportunity to work closely with PhD level BCBA’s as well as individuals who have worked in the field for 10 or more years. You can build your clinical skill set in a way that you wouldn’t be able to in other settings. Additionally, you have the opportunity to do research (that is supported for publication) and attend local and international conferences at little to no cost. In... terms of getting your CEU’s, Evergreen supports obtaining the credits you need to maintain your certification. They also tend to promote within which allows you to take on more responsibility after you have acclimated to the company, policies, and procedures. You have the opportunity to build your OBM skills in terms of staff training, staff retention, participating in the hiring process, and adhering to progressive disciplinary chains. You also have the opportunity to co-teach ABA courses at the graduate level. There are multiple monthly Psychiatric clinics with a few outside clinicians who come on site to review student’s data. The BETS participates in that review and has the opportunity to learn about various medications, their uses, their side effects, their interactions with other medications, and genetic testing tools for determining the appropriate medications for each individual.

Cons

The job takes a lot of time and requires you to be self-driven and have good time management skills. You are running 24-hour a day residences with needs that span beyond the typical 9-5. At times you have on-call responsibilities, however there are colleagues that can be supportive as needed. It is a management position, so for those looking for a pure clinical experience I would imagine they would be challenged... with the staff management and staff training.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow your managers to participate in the decision making process with operational procedures. Continue to work on refining internal systems and training/empowering lower level supervisors so that more time is available for clinical work.

Evergreen Center2019-03-19

"Rewarding and challenging work"

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The students at Evergreen are phenomenal. They typically come to us after multiple unsuccessful placements due to their intellectual and behavioral challenges, and it's incredibly rewarding to watch them grow and flourish in a safe, supportive environment. We are very fortunate to count among our staff some of the most compassionate, hard working, and driven people I know. Evergreen provides significant tuition... support for a variety of staff positions and is invested in its members professional development.

Cons

The barriers to student progress can at times seem overwhelming. Due to the size of the program, agency-wide change and improvements do not always move as quickly as one wishes.

Advice to Management

Continue seeking feedback from staff at all levels to enhance and improve agency outcomes.

Evergreen Center2019-02-21

"Residential Treatment"

Current Employee - Residential Supervisor in Milford, MA

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A lot of room to grow with this company. If you work hard and do your job you will be offered promotions. Opportunity to earn a Masters through Cambridge College for free. Salary for most positions is competitive. Kids are amazing.

Cons

Sometimes staff are nervous they will get in trouble if they go to their supervisors with concerns. Some staff are lazy. Communication between supervisors and staff isn’t always great.

Advice to Management

Reach out to staff and ask for way to improve. Staff want to feel like they’re listened to.

Evergreen Center2019-02-14

"Great Students, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Head Teacher

I worked at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-The students are amazing (even if you have no experience, they will warm your heart) -Other very nice staff -Opportunities for overtime (but you will need to keep track of your own hours…they paid so many people incorrectly)

Cons

-Management is terrible (two of them are best friends so if one of them doesn't like you, expect the other not to) -Extreme amounts of stress placed on you by management -Never leave on time -Other staff are burnt out so negativity is everywhere -Expectations are impossible to meet for head teachers -Untrained/new staff are constantly coming because of all the people who quit, so getting trained and consistent... staff in your room will almost never happen. -Management does not know how to speak in laments terms so staff are constantly belittled if they don't have an ABA degree. -Discipline for EVERYTHING and not much praise given to staff -You will never work in just one classroom so prepare to moved around (this includes driving to different houses every single morning)

Advice to Management

Hire more management positions if you are all so overwhelmed because the stress you have quickly trickles down onto your staff. Also, try smiling and saying hello to your employees…it could go a long way.

Evergreen Center2019-03-09

"Head Teacher"

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time

Pros

As an employee at the Evergreen center, I feel that I have a lot of opportunities for both personal and career growth. In my currently position, I have been able to create and implement a range of educational and clinical modifications to improve the educational environment for the students in my unit. Additionally, under the supervision of the BCBA who oversees the unit, I have been able to participle in numerous... functional behavior assessments and helped create behavior service plans in order to work towards achieving target rates of maladaptive behavior for the students in my unit. Recently, I also started a graduate studies program offered through the Evergreen Center in Applied Behavior Analysis. As a current employee, I am eligible to take classes at the center and for tuition reimbursement. Additionally, the BCBA who oversees my unit will be providing me with supervision for grad school, making acquiring the required hours fairly manageable.

Cons

Working as a Special Education teacher is an incredibly rewarding job, but isn’t easy. In general while teaching individuals with disabilities expect the job to have extremely tough days, but if you’re passionate about working with this population, the progress the kids make should make up for the hard days.

Evergreen Center2019-01-22

"14 year Proud Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, MA

I have been working at Evergreen Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Education Incentives Room for growth and Professional Development Wonderful students and families Company always working to make improvements. Creating new position to support staff. Company financially supporting improvement to the students residence, classrooms when requested. Encouraging staff to continue their education and providing these opportunities. Recent reorganization with increase in... salaries.

Cons

I have no cons. Just concerns that upon reviewing my place of employment which I am proud to be a part of, find negative reviews which I feel our from employees that may have been terminated or left the job becasue they find that this can be a demanding job which requires hard work , patients and dedication.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage and support the staff , continue company expansion and expectation that staff uphold the policy and procedure of the Evergreen Center.

Evergreen Center2019-01-04