Evergreen Home Loans Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 352 reviews

4.5
Evergreen Home Loans CEO Don Burton
Don Burton
Pros
  • "I love working at Evergreen Home Loans(in 32 reviews)

• "This company truly listens to it's employees and does the best they can to improve all parts of working at Evergreen Home Loans(in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • "other than wishing for lower health care costs, there are no cons to working herel(in 34 reviews)

• "Evergreen set the goal of recruiting 150 new Loan Officers this year(in 11 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back, great leadership, fun environment.

Cons

None, great place to work.

Evergreen Home Loans2019-03-19

"Over promise, under deliver"

I worked at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Salary reasonable -Good work/life balance -Competitive programs -Multiple locations

Cons

-CEO is a bit out of touch with the underwriting, processing and funding side and supports loan officers, but support staff is taken for granted. Even after company-wide location visits, feedback from underwriters was not taken seriously even though the concerns were consistent. -Regional manager visited onsite right before layoffs and assured group/branch we were all safe and needed -Recent layoffs without severance...

Advice to Management

If you are going to lay people off, please give them severance. EHL is a major player in the game with very high net earnings, so it is an injustice to pull the rug out from our feet in this industry when the market shifts. One would expect such a successful company to have a reserve of some sort for situations like this. Upper management has not been affected. Please hold your loan officers accountable and stop allowing...

Evergreen Home Loans2019-03-11
    • "Great company with a great culture"

Current Employee - Chief Risk Officer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked for Evergreen Home Loans for several years and I can't say enough good things about this company. Evergreen management lives by our convictions of integrity, family, fun, growth and creativity every day. I always feel supported and the owner, Don Burton, truly cares about all of his employees. The mortgage industry is currently in a down cycle and Evergreen has had to make some very difficult decisions...

Cons

I do not have any Cons

Evergreen Home Loans2019-02-13

"Furloughs, lay offs and growing pains"

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Ample PTO - Nicely decorate home office - Free cupcake for your birthday

Cons

Looking for an unstable work environment with low morale and reactive, short sighted goals? This is the place for you! In the past 4 months, the following events have transpired within the company: Evergreen laid off a good portion of their employees, paused hiring (with exception to sales staff), froze raises and year end bonuses, and furloughed all employees (with exception to sales staff) to cut payroll by 20%....

Advice to Management

Next time the industry takes another downturn, find ways to cut costs other than laying off and furloughing your existing employees. As you’ve witnessed first hand, it doesn’t work in your favor as they will leave you. For a company who’s culture and values claim to care about your employees, the actions show otherwise. When you get an honest and unfavorable review, work on addressing the issues rather than harassing...

Evergreen Home Loans2019-03-19
    • "Wonderful Atmosphere and Support"

Current Employee - Loan Officer

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company from the top down! Evergreen feels like an extended family. You are encouraged, valued and supported. They help you to achieve your goals and provide great mentorship and tools.

Cons

I cannot think of an area of weakness.

February 23, 2019President/CEO

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your years of service and for making a positive difference in the communities we serve!

• "Great management team - has my back!"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I never feel like I'm alone in trying to get loans processed, underwriting, funded and serviced. Everyone is after the same goa - a solid, positive customer experience. I can count on Everyone in the company to care as much about my loan and my borrowers and my realtor relationship as I do!

Cons

I've been at Evergreen nearly 20 years and am aware that every place of employment has a 'thing' or two that I would like to change.....but they are small and I choose to concentrate on the positive.

February 23, 2019President/CEO

Thank you for your long term commitment. We love helping people buy homes and I can tell you do too. If there are areas we can improve for you I'd love to chat. Give me a call or reach out on email. I value your input.

• "Great Family Company"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Evergreen is a well-rounded company that respects it's employees, encourages growth and family balance.

Cons

The mortgage industry can be stressful and challenging.

Evergreen Home Loans2019-02-11
    • "Best Leadership in the Business"

Current Employee - Production in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you want leaders that care and are super competent - this is the place to work

Cons

I have no cons to speak of.

Advice to Management

Visit more because we gain so much by spending time with you.

Evergreen Home Loans2019-02-11
    • "I Love Evergreen Home Loans!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Officer in Roseville, CA

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than a year

Pros

The support and training here are superb! My business has grown with the support and can-do attitude of this company. The CEO comes to make branch visits regulary, and meets with each Loan Officer to help them grown their business and suggest ways to succeed. He was a former agent and loan officer and knows exactly what we go thru on a daily basis. I love it here! #Wow

Cons

other than wishing for lower health care costs, there are no cons to working herel.

Advice to Management

Keep up the support and training of the Loan Officers and thank you to the underwriter's scenario desk, and their quick responses to support us!

February 23, 2019President/CEO

Thank you for your comments. I too would love to lower the costs of health care. We do review our plans annually and as you know we have a self insuring plan which has helped. Still we are committed to continue to find efficiencies. I appreciate your input.

• "Great Company to work for!!"

I have been working at Evergreen Home Loans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for with a real "team" atmosphere! Everyone works together to solve problems, learn and grow.

Cons

No cons from my perspective.

Found 352 reviews