Everi Reviews

2.9
Everi CEO & President Michael D. Rumbolz
Michael D. Rumbolz
Pros
Cons
  • "Working remote requires CEO approval, even for upper management(in 9 reviews)

• "The GCA suit and ties is as crooked as many of the bankers we hear in the news(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for (now)"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Everi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits, pay, overall company morale

Cons

With all of the changes in the industry, most people are unsure of Everi's future or 5-year plan. Best plan is to work as if nothing will change - there are things that upper-level management can't share with employees.

Vice President, Human Resources

Congratulations on your 10+ years here. I'm sure you have seen lots of growth and improvement in your time. Here's to much success in our future!

2. "Good for a while"

Former Employee - Producer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Everi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great employees Okay work life balance

Cons

Lack of upward mobility Little to no recognition Lack of organization

3. "Cool"

5.0
    Former Employee - Tech Support

I worked at Everi full-time

Pros

Nice place good work environment

Cons

Not applicable no cons experienced

Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback!

"Room to grow"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Everi full-time

Pros

There are opportunities to grow and learn at this company if you work hard and do a good job.

Cons

There are some growing pains with combined services across locations.

Vice President, Human Resources

Please see the response from August 3, 2020 posting. Key employee is an interesting description, and worth a conversation if you would like to discuss further. Best of luck!

"Austin group is great, but beware of the leadership in Vegas"

Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Austin, TX

I worked at Everi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment Good people Fun industry

Cons

Company run by accountants in Vegas. Raises are hard to come by. Little value placed on employees from senior management.

Vice President, Human Resources

The company has accountants in Vegas, and in Austin. We have two companies in the US, and they are run by a leadership team with backgrounds in Sales, Operations, Legal, and Accounting. They also have significant experience in our industry. In fact, you'll find this kind of leadership background in almost all companies similar in size. We wish you the best of luck!

"Micro management at its finest"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Everi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food is not a pro

Cons

Low pay. HR makes false promises about salary increases Software engineering dept is dangerously micromanaged by people who got the job because of nepotism.

Vice President, Human Resources

HR doesn't make promises about pay for anyone as we don't make those decisions on an individual basis. Happy to discuss further if you'd like to reach out?

"OK, but low pay"

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Everi full-time for more than a year

Pros

They try to make it a fun atmosphere. Subsidized cafeteria.

Cons

Underpaid for the level of experience desired, especially for the Austin area.

Vice President, Human Resources

Like many companies, we constantly review the pay for our markets and the positions we hire for. From there, each candidate brings in the KSAs for the position, and has the opportunity to grow from there. This is a dynamic situation, and not based on what the average person thinks or shares on the internet. It's based on real data submitted from actual payroll data for like positions/titles from other companies that have employees doing the same tasks. That's how we look at pay for a position. From there, a team member has the most input based on their performance. Communication with managers about performance, meeting expectations, and delivery against those. Top performers get more, and poor performers get less. happy to discuss further if you's like one on one. Best of luck!

8. COVID-19

"There are better places to work don’t be fooled."

Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Everi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and Peers (you can make friends outside of work, don’t let this persuade you to work here)

Cons

Senior Management, Boy’s Club, Intimidation from Management, feeling like you always have to watch your words carefully, lack of empathy, no people of color in upper management, lacks diversity and lack genuine appreciation for employees. The reviews on this app with 3 stars or less are absolutely true. The 4-5 star reviews are bogus. COVID19 showed us how low they can really go. You are a commodity and replaceable. If you decide to work here, don’t go above and beyond. Not worth it.

Vice President, Human Resources

The pandemic forced many companies to make some serious decisions, and none of them were easy. Would love to understand your perspective better if you are willing to share. Best of luck to you!

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician

I have been working at Everi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work corporate it's great

Cons

Field employees are left behind

Vice President, Human Resources

We recently announced some changes that we believe will drive better experience for our customers and team members. If not, please reach out to me. Thanks!

"If you're a programmer, look elsewhere unless you are desperate. Office politics."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Everi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly company culture Insurance is okay diverse colleagues

Cons

low pay little to no career growth heavy office politics Everi is one of those companies that look really good and in parts are really good but deeply rooted inside is office politics. Slot games are mostly digital, so you would think that technical expertise is praised and rewarded. It's not. The most praised positions in the company are "visionary" types and by definition these types of work are not quantifiable. For example, the highly regarded designer is not accountable for games that don't do well and are praised for the ones that do. If you do 1 on 1's with all the top level management, you realize there isn't much consistency with strategy, management, or design of slot machines. There is one common thread among those employees: they all admire / adore their bosses. Everyone is trying to carve out their own space. Whatever the angle is: extracurricular activities, better agile practice, etc... However, many people do not care about the performance or the progress of a game unless directly held accountable by the studio lead or their bosses. In short, if you're the type to mingle and play office politics to rise to the top, you'll like it here. If you came here to push projects forward and challenge leaders, you'll soon find yourself without a job.

Vice President, Human Resources

All of our designers take great pride in creating good games, and hold themselves accountable from a pride perspective. Further, we have always fostered a culture where anyone can disagree with anyone, no matter the “rank.” We have MANY examples of developers who have spoken up and in fact have been promoted. Two of the biggest vocal “challengers” in years past are now leaders for the studio. So, it sounds like a change was needed. We wish you the best of luck!

Found 161 reviews