Everi Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Everi CEO & President Michael D. Rumbolz
Michael D. Rumbolz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very flexible with your work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

• One or two of the higher ups are great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Huge lack of communication in all departments (in 4 reviews)

• They used to appreciate its employees but now it is all geared toward upper management (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Support Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Everi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for, in Las Vegas they have a slightly more corporate atmosphere, but good culture and company events. The Austin side has a more "modern" culture and is fun and exciting to work in.

Cons

Sometimes high-pressure situations as server issues become extremely time-sensitive.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees, guide, and don't micromanage.

2. "customer service rep"

I worked at Everi full-time

Pros

the people you work with are great

Cons

drunk angry patrons could be a lot to handle

"Old fashioned, good ol' boy mentality."

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Everi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay & benefits we're decent. Extremely smart & talented people, unfortunately not given power to make necessary changes.

Cons

PTO was earn as you go, management was ill equipped or experienced in development in-house. The "put your time" in mentality extremely old fashioned. (i.e. new & proven concepts not embraced. We've always done it this way, very discouraging) from the top down.

Advice to Management

Listen to people you've hired, assuming you're hiring them because they come with experience & are capable. Putting people in positions of authority without any experience in managing people is not the wisest move. (I.e pm to product manager), development and release processes do take time but should be put in the hands of those responsible not majority rules. Wasn't impressed with how upper management gave so much power to middle management.

4. "Great environment and helpful managers."

Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Everi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working environment, opportunity to travel, and exciting projects make coming to work very enjoyable. Managers are easy to talk to and very involved.

Cons

Project management is somewhat disorganized. With many new products from acquisitions business analysis is very slow to approve new requests from customers. different project management tools used by developers, QA and business analysis makes tracking work items difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue working on integrating with different departments. Gaming, Compliance, Payments to create more unified products. Combine overlapping tools to simplify product development. Continue to push product innovation.

May 22, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for the insightful and positive feedback! We appreciate your help making us a great place to work!

"Mostly good, salaries could be higher"

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Austin, TX

I worked at Everi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not too formal for company size, usually enjoyable work, most employees are quite competent and willing to help, middle management genuinely tries to be effective and accommodating, opportunities to develop ideas into projects which get rolled into the internal software ecosystem.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive, management, departments and work procedures not always in sync, lack of formal, effective training for new software developers, one usually needs to find a person to find a person to get (good or otherwise) answers to questions which should be in common documentation, common documentation not updated.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work work.

"Things were looking up. Now, not so much."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Everi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Workers on the game dev side are great. Lot of passion toward making great games.
    -Great place to pick up new skills.

Cons

-Production pipeline makes no sense and is inconsistent between studios. Basically making finished games without even knowing whether it will get the greenlight. Iteration hell and many man hours spent for nothing is the result. Everyone is confused and no one is happy.

-New Reno studio head lacks ability to imagine a game from rough concept work/prototypes despite working in the industry for 30-some years. Not receptive to approaches that would make sense for production. Also takes his time getting feedback to remote teams so bottlenecks happen with great regularity. Shows little interest in engaging employees; he doesn't even bother showing up for studio wide meetings. Seems just to want to hide and play games in the lab all day.

Advice to Management

PLEASE adhere to a production pipeline that clearly defines what should be done at each stage of production and when. Better yet, go back to the previous workflow system. Feels like there's little interest in doing what's best for game side despite it being the only department making money. Company needs to put out games and making them in the most convoluted way possible is not helping to do so.

"Headed in a Good Direction"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Everi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It can be a fun place to work with fun problems to solve.
    SOME of the people are amazing and great to work with.
    Everi seems to have gone through the worst period in company history and is on the upswing.

Cons

Talent recognition happens too slowly.
    Upper management seems to have no comprehension of the structure or workload of technology departments.

Advice to Management

There are many other companies that will put quality low-level software developers on a super high pedestal and shower them with incentives to fuel their youthful enthusiasm.

Start looking at your workforce on an individual level and trim the fat so you can afford to reward the people who deserve it.

Apr 24, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for noticing! We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to make Everi a great place to work, and spend time with friends!

8. "Accountant"

I worked at Everi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Jeans on Friday, that's all.

Cons

Company as a whole only cares about their bottom line. I worked as apart of their accounting department and they don't care about you. They only care about the people who will kiss their backside. If you're not apart of the "in" crowd, then you can forget it. Good luck with trying to get a raise for an advance degree or even trying for a promotion, you won't get either, they will just can you instead.

Advice to Management

Stop being stuck up and full of yourselves.

Apr 24, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Every company cares about their bottom-line, that's definitely true. That's how you stay in business.
    We are trying to make changes and continue to grow as a company, and we also realize our path is... More

"Just Okay"

Current Employee - QA Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - QA Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Everi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is mostly decent

Cons

Disorganized management groups
    Lack of leadership skills

Advice to Management

Put some effort into running a professional business

Feb 10, 2017 – Vice President, Human Resources

Just OK isn't good, though we need more info than you've shared to help us improve. Would love to chat to understand your concerns further, if you are comfortable.

10. "International Project Engineeri"

Pros

good people, good pay, good benefits

Cons

Need to organize their projects better

Sep 23, 2016 – Vice President, Human Resources

Thanks for the positive rating! Please reach out to help us understand how can we can improve We'd love to hear your great ideas!.