Cover image for Everlight Solar

4.5
Everlight Solar CEO William Creech
William Creech

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Their culture is amazing .(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 8 reviews)
  • "The leadership is amazing(in 6 reviews)
  • "I am grateful to have been invited to join this amazing team and be able to learn how to add value to a company seeking to make a positive difference in the lives of its team!(in 5 reviews)
  • "Everyone from every team is happy and eager to help one another learn and succeed.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly organized, structured, and community-based - fantastic leadership

Nov 9, 2022 - Junior Salesforce Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

When looking for a new job, the one thing I really craved and was hoping for was lots of structure in my new workplace, and to avoid toxic leadership at all costs. Everlight has exceeded my hopes and expectations for that. I've learned about the Solar industry, how different teams in different divisions work toward common goals in a bigger company, and hands-on technical skill at an insanely fast pace, but none of it has felt chaotic - it has all been organized, structured and very clearly communicated to me. If you are not someone who enjoys pretty radical transparency about your work, and a fast-paced and highly motivated environment, this wouldn't be the place for you. It's clear that Everlight truly chooses only the most motivated, engaged, willing-to-learn employees in every division - every employee I've interacted with has that quality about them. The leadership are all humans that are both down to earth, yet hold you to a high standard in a good way - they push you to be the best you that you can be. For my job in particular, too, the ability to work wherever I want for the day by being remote is truly a blessing. My personal life has drastically improved in this regard. Everyone on the team is humans and has real life things to do outside of work - the team has been super understanding and accommodating.

Cons

As I mentioned above, only motivated and hungry people work here, truly. If you struggle with staying motivated/on task/fear having very direct feedback, you will not thrive in this environment. For working on the tech team specifically, you have to be able to respond quickly and be ready to troubleshoot issues in a timely fashion, and sometimes that goes outside of working hours. This isn't a bad thing, per se, but it just might not fit into your lifestyle.

2. 5.0

Companies Like This Exist

Oct 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everlight Solar is a company that believes in empowering each and every one of its employees and pushing them to be the best version of themselves. You do not need to know all there is to know about solar energy in order to be successful at this company. If you are teachable and exhibit a growth mindset, success is not far behind. I appreciate the consistent self development that comes in many forms, the camaraderie that is displayed throughout the entire company and the many opportunities to learn. Everlight Solar is truly an amazing company.

Cons

Room for growth is often discussed but it would be great to have a visual career ladder as well.

3. Join the Everlight Solar team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

A Company that bets on YOU

Sep 8, 2022 - Jr. Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since working at Everlight I've learned how important collaboration is for a team. Not only do our team members help one another, but our managers and their managers will lend a hand whenever they can. Communication is huge too and Everlight excels at it. Between Daily Team meetings, Weekly Manager 1-on-1's and a weekly company wide meeting you always know what's happening and where you fit in. My favorite thing about Everlight is undoubtedly the people. Everyone from every team is happy and eager to help one another learn and succeed. It's amazing working with such positivity day in and day out. If you love to learn and are willing to jump in with both feet, you will LOVE IT at Everlight Solar.

Cons

None that I've seen so far!

5. 5.0

Home Sweet Home

Sep 23, 2022 - Recruitment Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since starting my journey at Everlight I have learned so much! I feel like I have finally found a job that feels like home, and where you truly care about the people you work with. My favorite part about Everlight is the growth mindset we all seem to share. Everyone is pushing to be their best and encouraging others along the way. You'll love Everlight if you enjoy a fast paced and joyful atmosphere, and if you are looking for a place where negativity is left at the door. I have learned to challenge myself, have a more positive mindset, and to rely on my team.

Cons

No cons in my opinion.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing culture

Aug 31, 2022 - Junior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite thing about the company is the immense amount of positivity. It's such a nice break from the average workplace. A few things I've learned since I got here is to communicate better. Especially me being a remote worker, communication is incredibly important, and is strongly encouraged by management. I'm learning a lot in my specific field, it helps that I'm working on different types of technologies and that also makes it never boring or repetitive. I've also learned how to spearhead my own projects to make sure my projects get done, and to take responsibility over your tasks. I think if you're the type of person that loves positivity, this company is 100% worth working with. Everlight's culture is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I genuinely tried to think of one, and couldn't.

7. 5.0

The Sunshine To My Day

Sep 13, 2022 - Junior Salesforce Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everlight Solar is a dream come true when considering a company to start your career with. Their focus is on establishing a strong culture and foundational values that support the curious thinker and self-motivated leader! I am grateful to have been invited to join this amazing team and be able to learn how to add value to a company seeking to make a positive difference in the lives of its team!

Cons

This may not be the environment for everyone. If you are looking for more repetitive tasks and a place that tells you how to do everything, then this will not be a good fit.

8. 5.0

Best Company I've Worked For

Sep 8, 2022 - Junior Salesforce Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. You're continuously challenged and put into a position to be successful (as long as you want to work for it). Leadership is very transparent and approachable, actually think about their employees. "Culture" is normally looked at as a red flag when thinking of companies, but the recruitment and hiring team is amazing and there truly is a wonderful culture here, and all the teams are so cohesive and hardworking.

Cons

Benefits could be better, but they're not bad and pretty understandable for a newer company.

9. 5.0

Climb Aboard a Rocketship

Aug 31, 2022 - Junior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite aspect of working at Everlight is how much the company invests in its people. Although we maintain a relentless pace, I've always felt immensely supported by both management and my coworkers. Beyond daily team meetings, we also have weekly one-on-ones with management, weekly company-wide culture-boosting meetings, and frequent performance reviews. All of this serves to create an incredibly cohesive working environment, where everyone can feel confident in their role on the team. Real positivity like the kind fostered at Everlight is infectious, and everyone is eager to push the bar higher. Best of all, management is every bit as invested in improving their own strategies as they are yours — feedback goes both ways, and they're always looking to learn how best to support us and create an indomitable team. I've learned a great deal in my time at Everlight. Our thoughtful structures and practices have enabled me to work highly effectively on a fully-remote team. A key component to this success is our commitment to transparency — almost all communication within each team is done publicly, so that team members stay up-to-date on each others' progress and challenges. This ensures collaboration and support form the foundation of our process, every day. I've also learned a great deal through our company reading list — as a team, we read and discuss important books on tech, business, and self-improvement. This is another way in which Everlight is investing in the long-term success of its people, both inside and outside of traditional work metrics. We're not just looking at next quarter, we're taking a wide, far-reaching perspective of what it means to be truly successful, and we're building a culture with those lessons at the forefront. You'll love working at Everlight if you are ambitious, teachable, positive, present, and relentless in pursuit of your goals. They expect great things from you, but more importantly, they've created a culture in which you come to expect great things from yourself.

Cons

Anyone looking to "coast" will probably find themselves struggling with the emphasis on rapid progress and personal development. Even the very first week represents a test of ambition. This is a great boon to the team, but will be a challenge for some applicants.

10. 5.0

Amazing Work Environment

Aug 24, 2022 - Project Data Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for Everlight Solar. Most everyone is fully remote and some how we maintain a very inclusive work environment. Everyone is excited to be a part of the team and help out, it makes work fun. The benefits are great, the flexibility is great, the people are great, everything is great. This is by far the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

The only con is that teleporting is not invented yet so I cannot actually meet my coworkers in person and hang out with them.

Continue reading
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A True Meritocracy

May 30, 2022 - Sales Enablement Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

To start, I have all the support I need. The Executive team members aren’t just names on a website or pictures on the walls of people I’ll never meet. They are reliable and available to answer a question I have or give me super valuable 1:1 feedback whenever I need it! Coming from a corporate background this is something I’ve never experienced before. The culture is remarkable - and Everlight is very protective of it - for good reason. If you don’t work hard or can’t maintain a high positive mental attitude you won’t last. Simple as that. My coworkers are some of the best colleagues and friends I’ll ever make in my lifetime because we are all focused on self-improvement and working as a team. While I work remotely, I feel so included which is rare in the work from home structure seen in other companies.

Cons

Honestly I wish I could be at the warehouses more because I love my team and the work that I do. But really that’s my only complaint so I think I’ve got it made. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews
</>Embed

Everlight Solar Reviews FAQs

Everlight Solar has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 80 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Everlight Solar to a friend and 89% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Everlight Solar employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Everlight Solar. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

83% of Everlight Solar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Everlight Solar 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Everlight Solar to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be work life balance, compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Everlight Solar Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Everlight Solar? Share Your Experiences

Everlight Solar logo

Reviews by Job Title

Everlight Solar Photos

+ Add Photo
Everlight Solar photo of: We take factors like the pitch of your roof, the angle of your home relative to the sun, and your home's typical energy usage among others to design the perfect, custom solar system for your home.
Everlight Solar photo of: When you decide to go solar, you can eliminate your electric bill entirely or lower it so much that electricity costs are no longer a big factor in determining your budget.
Everlight Solar photo of: What better time than now to start saving some sunshine? Get started with solar today!
Everlight Solar photo of: It was great for some of the Everlight team to hear some incredible stories and learn invaluable lessons from Packers legend John Kuhn!
Everlight Solar photo of: Here at Everlight, we use solar power to simplify your life, save you money, and clean up the environment.
Everlight Solar photo of: Did you know that solar panels can produce power without direct sunlight? Thats right, even on a cloudy day, the hues reflected from the sky are being captured and utilized by your solar panel cells.
Everlight Solar photo of: Thankful for our hardworking team! Shine on Everlight!

Expert Career Advice

How to Negotiate Your Salary

A Guide to Negotiating the Salary You Deserve

How to Write a Resume

Write a Resume Recruiters Can't Resist

Glassdoor has 80 Everlight Solar reviews submitted anonymously by Everlight Solar employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Everlight Solar is right for you.