Cover image for Everyday Speech

70 Comments

Tech

453.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Everyday Speech~5371232
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An incredible place to work!

Nov 21, 2022 - Product Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

While it was the product that drew me in, from the very first interview, I knew the people and structure here is something special. The initiatives in place are inclusive, thoughtful, and people-centric. The support from management and cross-departmental is the most incredible I've ever experienced. Everyone is professional, so talented, and kind-hearted. It is truly a joy to work here and to be a part of a company that is making an impact in the educational world.

Cons

The company grew quite quickly; therefore, some of the prior processes that worked for a smaller time did not work well with the growth. This made onboarding and growing into role difficult at times. However, there are plans for improvement which will make workflows smoother.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Different in all the right ways.

Feb 24, 2022 - Head of Product in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many ways in which Everyday Speech is different from the status quo. The product truly helps students in a meaningful way. Ending each day with customer feedback on how student's lives were improved makes the work more fulfilling. The team is fully remote and based all over the world, but maintains a strong company culture and strong bonds between colleagues. Employees are treated with respect and paid equitably for their work, regardless of location. Few companies handle remote work and diversity/inclusion as well as Everyday Speech. The work is serious and intense at times, but work/life balance is a true priority. We have every other Friday off and flexible working schedules. The team respects boundaries and there is no expectation of 'always being on'. Leadership has a lot of trust in employees and gives them opportunities to lead. Work is often autonomous, meaning employees have a ton of room to grow their impact.

Cons

We're an ambitious team, which often means taking on bigger projects and stretching what is considered possible. This has led to a lot of growth professionally, but can also mean busy weeks and some longer days. The work is interesting and the product makes a big difference in children's lives, so this feels like more of a challenge than a burden. If you are just looking to clock in and clock out without any sense of ownership of the team's success, it won't be a good fit.

3. Join the Everyday Speech team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

“The perfect venn diagram fit of meaningful, skills-based, and interesting!”

Feb 16, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have such a good time working here because it truly is a people-centric, mission-driven company with competent leadership working toward doing good in the world and doing right by team members. Working alongside such diverse global teammates is definitely a plus as well, as we have a variety of background and experiences all contributing to our rich, supportive culture. I couldn't be more motivated to play my role on the team, because my colleagues are gracious, talented, and driven by just the right combination of idealism and drive. Plus, being fully remote with flexible scheduling is a huge perk.

Cons

Like any company that experiences a rapid growth phase, some of our systems are catching up with that growth, but there is no matter of inconvenience or need for improvement I can think of that is not being actively addressed on the roadmap.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company, benefits, and people!

Feb 20, 2022 - Customer Success Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a great place to work! - You get to work alongside really talented and supportive people - There are endless opportunities to contribute meaningfully and to grow as a professional - Asynchronous collaboration is common and live meetings are truly purposeful (which I’ve never had at past companies and is a HUGE plus) - Leadership is supportive and really trusts their teams - Work/life balance, flexibility, and overall well-being is a big focus - Benefits are fantastic (choose your own holidays, remote stipends, every other Friday off, etc.)

Cons

When working in a remote environment, you have to be disciplined and be able to manage your time independently.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great, flexible, and challenging environment

Jan 11, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Everyday Speech means that there will never be a dull moment or a lack of things to do. The small but growing team feels more like family than co-workers, and there's a large emphasis on results rather than logging hours in the day. Everyone is very friendly, and I had no shortage of good times, jokes, fun, and quality learning here.

Cons

As it's a growing team that is branching more and more outward, the management structure and day-to-day roles can be a little up in the air sometimes. This is mitigated by the fact that management really does hear and implement employee feedback about current workflows and processes.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work!

Feb 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The employees are really chill and good natured. The company's mission is really important, it feels good to help make the lives of students and teachers easier! A really positive work/life balance is encouraged; hours are not tracked and we get every other Friday off.

Cons

Although it is great to work remotely. It is hard to get to know members outside your immediate team because we are located all over the world. That being said, the company is aware of this and has started many initiatives; happy hours, game sessions to encourage a larger company culture and cross department exchange.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with a lot of flexibility

Feb 24, 2022 - Sales Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Everyday Speech provides the best work/life balance I've ever encountered. -Great people - everyone is so friendly and willing to help. -We have happy customers - my conversations with clients are always positive. -We are encouraged to take time for ourselves throughout the day and to create a schedule that works for you -Incredible benefits -FULLY remote work

Cons

-This company is growing so quickly that it can be difficult to keep up with the changes.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

a breath of fresh air & amazing people & an excellent cause

Jan 13, 2022 - Clinical Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Diverse, happy, kind, driven, & incredibly talented group folks to work with & for! - Upper Management takes feedback seriously and truly values the wellbeing of their employees - Flexible working hours & every other Friday off = Excellent work life balance. - Working to make a difference in kids lives

Cons

- Lots of growing pains due to it being a new and fast growing company but nothing unbearable/ out of the ordinary or anything that makes or breaks it in terms of happiness

10. 5.0

Inclusive culture & excellent outcomes

Feb 16, 2022 - Customer Success Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every department is truly customer-centric and wants to do what is best for those using the product. Work is valued based on the outcome, and not the hours. Flexible hours and supportive, collaborative, motivated team. Truly a company that is making a difference in the world of education!

Cons

Remote work may not be for everyone!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work here, it’s the absolute best.

Jan 13, 2022 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture from the founders to the contractors; everybody is bought in and committed to the team Leadership actually cares about our team members, and knows if we thrive personally, the company will too. I genuinely look forward ti starting my work day

Cons

Not a con, but remote work isn’t for everyone. You need to work hard, autonomously, or the workload will catch up to you. We all help each other, but you are expected to deliver!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews