Everything But Water Reviews | Glassdoor

Everything But Water Reviews

Updated September 6, 2017

Sheila Arnold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great discount on beautiful items (in 10 reviews)

• Great experience with Customer service (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • During the winter very little hours for part-time (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management does nothing but micromanage (in 7 reviews)

1. "Key holder"

Former Employee - Key Holder in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Houston, TX

I worked at Everything But Water part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company does a really good job of training its sales associates properly. The job is fun and you get a chance to develop personal sales skills.

Cons

Moving up in the job is not easy, or at least it wasn't easy for me. I was told that I did not have enough experience to apply for the assistant manager position and then ended up assisting in training the ASM that they hired.

2. "Corporate is pretty selfish"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I have been working at Everything But Water part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome team, very strong work ethic and proactive coworkers

Cons

Corporate and HR can be very cheap and inconsiderate. We are not allowed to have a microwave or fridge for our lunches. This is the only job that has put me in this situation. We are supposed to "plan our meals accordingly". Considering that most of us don't make more than $12 an hour, buying lunch everyday is a huge blow to our savings.

My manager went on maternity leave and they cut it short because apparently it has been less than a year from her last leave. So she only got a month's worth of leave. Maternity leave is already ridiculous in America, but one month???? How is that even reasonable, it's not like it's a vacation or sabbatical.

Advice to Management

Put yourself in our shoes. We make thousands of dollars for you every week the least you could do is make sure you're taking care of us considering that we don't even make commission.

3. "A Good Job for Students"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Everything But Water part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours
    Easy to learn product
    Hourly pay, not commission

Cons

A lot of drama
    Not all sales associates knew how to work with customers effectively

Advice to Management

Try to keep drama out of store

4. "Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Southlake, TX

I worked at Everything But Water part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The personalized shopping experience is a great plus because you are in charge of the customer. 40% off is nice.

Cons

The pay, no commission is available here.

Advice to Management

Be there for your employees.

5. "Key Holder thrown to the wolves"

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Everything But Water part-time

Pros

Flexible work and transfer options

Cons

Overall difficult to stand out

Advice to Management

Help one another and professionally develop young employees

6. "Everything But Water"

Current Employee - Key Hoder in Key West, FL
    Current Employee - Key Hoder in Key West, FL

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have fun with the customers . You get to try on the swim suit and you get a 40% discount on the suit .

Cons

It hard to contact the people in charge. You need a lot of love and patience with the higher ups.

Advice to Management

You need to have patience.

"Too Little all the Time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Everything But Water full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small Company with a great visions withing the Swimwear industry. A great place to work if "Devil Wears Prada" is an okay lifestlye

Cons

Small Company with a lot of undisclosd financial information that is important to do your job. Making the "in crowd" is not easy. You have to look the part.

Advice to Management

To ecourage others and make sure that all things are within the EOC compliance.

8. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Everything But Water full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere to work in. 40% discount. Great experience with Customer service. Build friendships with coworkers. Very helpful IT department. Even on a Sunday

Cons

Over worked and underpaid. Part time sales/keyholders can't ever go over 30 hours a week.
    Horrible bonus incentive. STOP sending treats! Send visa gift cards instead. We want MONEY, not sweets!

Advice to Management

Pay your ppl their worth. They are on the frontline with the customer and enduring a lot to only be getting paid $10/hr- $22/hr. Fix your horrible bonus program. It's not even a decent incentive for making the upper management so much money and we get a percentage of sales!

"It's ok"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Everything But Water full-time

Pros

In store growth is available. If you want to start off your resume and if you are beginning your career.
    DM is amazing and supportive, great teacher. They give great recognition and make you feel as successful as you are or can be.
    Discount and experience.
    You learn a lot about how customer service.
    Swimwear is the hardest thing to sell and it teaches you a lot about psychology, if you think about it that way.

Cons

Pay is very low for accomplished managers, no growth opportunity higher then store management. No area or regional manager positions in company. What are your store managers suppose to aspire too? What are your DMs suppose to aspire too?
    Dress code is old fashion and based on someone's personal opinion. They impose who they are on you and who you should be and what you should look like.
    Owner give no recognition or good commentary on success. They leave that to everyone else to do. Even when they are in your presence.
    If you have an idea and its against the policy they will penalize you for it. And then months later steal your idea.

Advice to Management

Develop opportunities like area and regional management. Maybe go public. Expand so that your managers can thrive and will want to continue to work for you.
    You're going to lose great talent because there is no where to go. It's a waiting game that you will lose as everyone will leave eventually.

"Key Holder"

Former Employee - Key Holder &Amp; Fit Specialist
    Former Employee - Key Holder &Amp; Fit Specialist

I worked at Everything But Water part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy, entry level cashier/associate tasks. Decent hourly pay for a position in retail. Small team. Great culture and philosophy about making women feel confident in their own skin.

Cons

Only females are hired because of the nature of the product being sold. A small team with only female employees can cause unnecessary drama and tension. Sales goals are unrealistic especially during off season. Management is immature and inexperienced. There is not room to grow as a professional into a corporate setting. The only positions available above a Key Holder in the store are Assistant Manager and Store Manager.

Advice to Management

Please hire experienced Store Managers and Assistant Managers that know how to lead a team and have the time to dedicate themselves to a store.