Evidon Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2018

Found 42 reviews

3.3
Scott Meyer

"Lack of Vision and Misinformation"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at Evidon for more than a year

Pros

Stocked fridges. Paid insurance premiums.

Cons

Misinformation was shared with employees to try and convince them that the company is doing great. They have a saying of not taking yourself too serious but most of the people are arrogant and self-absorbed. Most of them didn't have the knowledge to back up their position. All the knowledge left a long time ago. Current folks are just trying to keep the lights on. There was always an overall feeling of uncertainty....

Advice to Management

Just let the company die. The market has proven that the product that you are trying to build isn't needed.

Evidon2016-11-03

"It's about time someone put this pony out of it's misery"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Evidon for more than a year

Pros

- Not a lot to put here. - There were some smart people, but not many, and now they've all gone. - Solid browser extension, but it makes no money.

Cons

- Excessive drinking especially during work time. No wonder the revenues are down the pan. - CEO who seems to thrive on randomly firing people. 1 every 2 weeks is the general cadence. Not to mention the annual house cleaning of 50%+ - If you're not in the in-crowd you need not apply, if you're in the in-crowd you need not work.

Advice to Management

Less to management and more to the VC's. It's time to get a decent management team in who knows what their doing.

Evidon2016-11-03

"Incredible Potential"

Former Employee - Junior Data Analyst in Sandy, UT

I worked at Evidon for less than a year

Pros

-International company with the branding to break into foreign markets to make some serious cash. -Free Food -People exercise together / hiking group -The CEO travels to Utah a lot from NYC. He was even willing to talk to someone like me, a part time jr. data analyst (kinda cool).

Cons

I only had problems with one person there. A pretty awesome ratio for a company.

Evidon2016-08-05

"Once great team"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Evidon

Pros

- It had an amazing startup culture the first few years

Cons

- They decided to switch to proprietary tech stack from open source tech for no apparent reason other than to make the company appear more "enterprise" - Directionless at the product level - Lots of turn over

Evidon2016-08-15

"Ghostery has been great to work for from the start...and is getting better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Evidon for more than a year

Pros

Ghostery has figured out how to do agile software development effectively. They make an effort to make it a fun and interesting place to work...and generally succeed. They are a big player in the small privacy niche. They understand that great software development takes time, and they plan that into their schedules. They are very respectful of work/life balance. I have worked very little overtime since I've been...

Cons

Still a fairly small company and are affected by small ups and downs. Need to keep up with the market trends in growing technical salaries.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You seem to be striking a good balance.

Evidon2016-07-13

"Product"

I have been working at Evidon full-time

Pros

Great high growth company with a great culture. True agile development process. Exciting product in a new and growing market.

Cons

Usual growing pains of a small company that is growing fast.

Evidon2016-05-31

"Really unique company!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We occupy a unique niche in the industry that no one else does, and the employees are very close and works together as a team

Cons

Long hours and the split offices is a bit of a challenge

Evidon2016-05-05

"Great people with a purpose!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

For me it always starts with the people, and the people I work with (and for) at Ghostery are the real deal -- passionate, smart, dedicated and fun. Now, mix in a suite of products that meet real needs in an under served market, and you have the potential for an explosive future. Ghostery is a fun place to be, a great place to contribute and learn, and has a tremendous upside in terms of the future.

Cons

1) Co-Location. Ideally this great team would all be co-located, and although it has gotten and continues to get better, we still sometimes struggle with communication between offices. 2) There are so many opportunities to improve and build upon our products, that focus has been a challenge. But a recently expanded Product Management team, along with a cohesive executive management team, are working towards getting...

Advice to Management

Mostly, keep doing what you've been doing: - Continue to find and maintain the balance between focus and agility. - Continue to attract, hire, develop and retain top talent.

Evidon2015-11-11

"Lost its soul"

I worked at Evidon full-time

Pros

Fairly flexible, engineering-driven culture working on some interesting problems but the business' future isn't clear and the nature of the business is a bit dry (privacy).

Cons

There were some great people at Ghostery but the CEO allowed/pushed them to leave and it's never been the same.

Advice to Management

Trust the people who are working for you and don't lose great people to internal politics. Set a clear vision for 5 years from today.

Evidon2015-09-09

"Great culture and solid vision for the future - lots of potential!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tight knit community in both core offices Culture of getting your job done while having fun Company is still at a size where you will take on a lot of diverse responsibilities but also have the opportunity to grow with your experience

Cons

Hard to find one - not a con, but just be prepared to contribute! There is no room at this company for coasters or freeloaders - this is a high performing team!

Advice to Management

Continue galvanizing the company around a common vision Keep looking for ways to keep culture strong Develop and invest in the talent already on board

Evidon2015-07-30