Evidon Reviews | Glassdoor

Evidon Reviews

Updated 6 Apr 2018

Found 42 reviews

3.3
Evidon CEO Scott Meyer  (no image)
Scott Meyer

"Really unique company!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We occupy a unique niche in the industry that no one else does, and the employees are very close and works together as a team

Cons

Long hours and the split offices is a bit of a challenge

Evidon2016-05-05

"Great people with a purpose!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

For me it always starts with the people, and the people I work with (and for) at Ghostery are the real deal -- passionate, smart, dedicated and fun. Now, mix in a suite of products that meet real needs in an under served market, and you have the potential for an explosive future. Ghostery is a fun place to be, a great place to contribute and learn, and has a tremendous upside in terms of the future.

Cons

1) Co-Location. Ideally this great team would all be co-located, and although it has gotten and continues to get better, we still sometimes struggle with communication between offices. 2) There are so many opportunities to improve and build upon our products, that focus has been a challenge. But a recently expanded Product Management team, along with a cohesive executive management team, are working towards... getting us the ability to focus, while still being able to adjust to what the market and our users tell us every day.

Advice to Management

Mostly, keep doing what you've been doing: - Continue to find and maintain the balance between focus and agility. - Continue to attract, hire, develop and retain top talent.

Evidon2015-11-11

"Lost its soul"

I worked at Evidon full-time

Pros

Fairly flexible, engineering-driven culture working on some interesting problems but the business' future isn't clear and the nature of the business is a bit dry (privacy).

Cons

There were some great people at Ghostery but the CEO allowed/pushed them to leave and it's never been the same.

Advice to Management

Trust the people who are working for you and don't lose great people to internal politics. Set a clear vision for 5 years from today.

Evidon2015-09-09

"Great culture and solid vision for the future - lots of potential!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tight knit community in both core offices Culture of getting your job done while having fun Company is still at a size where you will take on a lot of diverse responsibilities but also have the opportunity to grow with your experience

Cons

Hard to find one - not a con, but just be prepared to contribute! There is no room at this company for coasters or freeloaders - this is a high performing team!

Advice to Management

Continue galvanizing the company around a common vision Keep looking for ways to keep culture strong Develop and invest in the talent already on board

Evidon2015-07-30

"Great Company - Fun Culture"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Challenging and collaborative team environment. Intuitive products. Competitive pay and great benefits. Amazing corporate culture. Lots of free food & drink. Fun corporate events.

Cons

Seems like the company has worked out most of its growing pains over the past few months, but only time will tell.

Evidon2015-07-22

"No More Walls!"

I have been working at Evidon for less than a year

Pros

So many positive changes, where to begin! I have been here for less than a year, and in that short time, the wall (former CTO) has been taken down . Employees can now speak freely amongst themselves and other departments. Fully stocked kitchens, and rec. rooms for a little unwind time and friendly competition create a feeling of camaraderie and positive morale. The dark days are over and a new day has dawned!!... Well done CEO and Execs of Ghostery!!

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Never lose sight of the individual and their right to be heard.

Evidon2015-07-17

"Blue Skies Ahead"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

There have been many many changes within the company and I can honestly say "this is the best company to now work for" The former CTO and a few other employees that made poor decisions and ignored employees with true talent, has been removed from the company. This was the best decision Ghostery could have made. The office functions now and it is enjoyable to come to work! I can see that Executives (CEO) in the... company really do care about the employees here and in the other offices. (there is even a rec room in the works) (Fully stocked fridge) (Great leaders are able to shine) The negative comments on here were somewhat accurate and all boiled down to a now "previous employee". Great move guys!!!!!!!

Cons

All of the cons have been eliminated

Advice to Management

Continue listening to your team

Evidon2015-07-16

"Things are looking up in big ways!"

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

With the removal of a problematic "C" level exec, the immediate shift towards a more collaborative and enjoyable work environment is a welcome change. The kitchen is a really nice perk, and I heard a Rec Room is on its way...Foosball anyone? A lot of really talented programmers here. The former CTO did recruit several people he knew from previous employment...but they (unlike him) are no joke. Don't let previous... comments about that scare you off. The office environment is immensely improved and I think in a very short time you will see even more collaboration and talent that may have been previously overlooked or squashed, start to show.

Cons

Not so many cons, now that the true source of many problems has been removed.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people.

Evidon2015-07-12
  9. "Ballsy Restructuring Paying Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Evidon full-time for more than a year

Pros

In addition to all the fully stocked kitchen, fun social events and ping pong table, I believe upper management has pulled off what most companies never have the balls to achieve. They took what was already a successful privacy compliance business and created an Enterprise SaaS business that is starting to take off. I’ve noticed that both the CEO and CTO have received some negative comments in other reviews. Frankly..., I give the CEO a lot of credit for being brave enough to get the right team in place. The Exec team has a vision and now, due to some very recent changes. I think we are only going to get stronger as a company. To add to that, Warburg is very supportive both financially and strategically. Now that the lies and the mind games from the CTO are gone, it’s like the sun has come out and things are going to get going.

Cons

CEO has made some bad moves, especially putting up with the BS from the former CTO. Can still be a challenge to create a consistent culture between NYC and SLC. SLC office almost all guys, NYC office more diverse.

Advice to Management

Hear and LISTEN your team in order to make the right decision. Overall, don’t slow down.

Evidon2015-07-07

"Things getting real!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and modern tech. Great snacks and drinks in the kitchen. Seriously, I can't say enough about the kitchen. The kitchen alone is reason enough to work here. I think I saw coconut milk in there yesterday. I had pop tarts for breakfast, thanks Ghostery! The company has recently made some culture changes which will make this place even better. It's a wonderful place to work if you're a programmer.

Cons

I'm still waiting for a ping pong table. I feel like it will be here soon. I'm also still waiting for more agile development, but this is already in the works. There isn't any alcohol in the Salt Lake City fridge which I guess makes sense because everyone drives to work. However, when they fly you out to NYC get ready for some fun times IN the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and listen to the little people. Table tennis does wonders for morale and productivity.

Evidon2015-07-02