Evidon Software Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2016

Found 6 reviews

3.9
Scott Meyer
  1. "Good Company Bad Situation"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I worked at Evidon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Wonderful people.

Cons

Management wasn't sure what they wanted. Tried to build up processes to the point of being waterfall with scrums but what they really wanted was more of a start-up move fast try tons of things. When the going got tuff they laid off everyone instead of fixing problems.

Evidon2016-11-14

"Sad ending to a great environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I worked at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, the work, the environment, the culture, all were perks to working for Ghostery.

Cons

No information about impending doom led to an amazing amount of stress. Talk to your people when you have bad news.

Advice to Management

Trust you people more when worrying about information.

Evidon2016-11-04

"Once great team"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Evidon

Pros

- It had an amazing startup culture the first few years

Cons

- They decided to switch to proprietary tech stack from open source tech for no apparent reason other than to make the company appear more "enterprise" - Directionless at the product level - Lots of turn over

Evidon2016-08-15

"Ghostery has been great to work for from the start...and is getting better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sandy, UT

I have been working at Evidon for more than a year

Pros

Ghostery has figured out how to do agile software development effectively. They make an effort to make it a fun and interesting place to work...and generally succeed. They are a big player in the small privacy niche. They understand that great software development takes time, and they plan that into their schedules. They are very respectful of work/life balance. I have worked very little overtime since I've been...

Cons

Still a fairly small company and are affected by small ups and downs. Need to keep up with the market trends in growing technical salaries.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You seem to be striking a good balance.

Evidon2016-07-13

"Things getting real!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people and modern tech. Great snacks and drinks in the kitchen. Seriously, I can't say enough about the kitchen. The kitchen alone is reason enough to work here. I think I saw coconut milk in there yesterday. I had pop tarts for breakfast, thanks Ghostery! The company has recently made some culture changes which will make this place even better. It's a wonderful place to work if you're a programmer.

Cons

I'm still waiting for a ping pong table. I feel like it will be here soon. I'm also still waiting for more agile development, but this is already in the works. There isn't any alcohol in the Salt Lake City fridge which I guess makes sense because everyone drives to work. However, when they fly you out to NYC get ready for some fun times IN the office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and listen to the little people. Table tennis does wonders for morale and productivity.

Evidon2015-07-02

"good tech startup"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Evidon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Ghostery a few months ago in their new SLC office. Unlimited snacks and drinks, decent equipment, tech side management are all current or former coders and have a clue, good location, not much to complain about. Hours so far have been pretty reasonable although we’ve had a couple pushes that involved weekends.

Cons

They are phasing out most open source projects so if that’s your thing then this won’t be the place for you. I haven’t been to the NYC office but I’ve heard they aren’t happy with the tech jobs moving to SLC which probably explains some of the other reviews I’ve read here. Vacation not great compared to other companies in the area (3 weeks).

Advice to Management

Ease up on the vacation policy a bit.

Evidon2015-06-26