Evolent Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Evolent Health CEO Frank Williams
Frank Williams

Pros
Cons
  • they have lost site of their values, bad work life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Because the company is growing at an alarming right, roles are often not clear (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful Environment - strong values, commitment to mission, and personal growth!"

Pros

1. Evolent truly celebrates its values and culture above all, and they work hard to maintain this culture for its employees.
    2. This is a company full of positive thinking staff who truly care about the mission of the company, and who will do anything they can to make the company a success
    3. Each employee is valued, from the top to the bottom of the organization, and there is an open-door policy so any colleague can approach leadership at any time to share their ideas and even discuss general career goals.
    4. The office space and technology are all top quality and contemporary
    5. Teamwork is valued and people are always willing to help out when help is needed!
    6. Health and wellness are important at Evolent, as well as charitable activities, so there are always charity events, yoga, and wellness challenges available. There are even occasionally in-office massages!
    7. Evolent is remote-work friendly, offering flexibility with location and hours

Cons

1. The company is growing quickly, so there are often shifts within teams and new team members coming in, which can occasionally confuse existing and changing processes and structures.
    2. There are occasional slow times, but more often there are very busy times, when Evolent accomplishes a lot of work in a small amount of time, which can occasionally be a little stressful. Overall, Evolenteers try to manage their time and protect their personal time as well.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for us to continue to value culture, personal growth, and the close-knit family feel of the company, even as we grow ever larger. It is what makes Evolent such a joy and such a wonderful environment to come to each day!

Evolent Health Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback!

2. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has a very welcoming environment, everyone had been so great since I started this month.

So far it does have a great work life balance. People can work from home as needed, and 25 vacation days a year for everyone is great!

Cons

None that I know of so far.

3. "Working for Evolent"

Current Employee - Population Health Manager in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Population Health Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great leadership with a true team work culture.

Cons

I'm a new employee on the job less than 6 months. I haven't encountered any cons to working for Evolent at this point.

5. "Senior Data Analyst Healthcare"

Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Dayton, OH

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company, good benefits, salary good, career advancement, nice people,

Cons

N/A, NA, N/A, N/A, N/A

6. "Good place!!"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

I work at the Arlington, VA office full-time.

-Really flexible with work/life balance. They mean it. Everyone is very open to people enjoying all of the PTO they are granted, being able to work flexible hours, and working from home has never been a problem for me.
    -Benefits. I think our benefits are pretty solid! Health and dental are very affordable, 25 days of PTO, in-office snacks, and casual work environment are great. I believe I am paid fairly.
    -Internal opportunities. I have seen many colleagues move around positions at Evolent and grow within the company. It's very promising.
    -The people. Overall, the people are fantastic and easy to work with. I really enjoy my colleagues and the people I get the change to work with across teams. I have found almost everyone I've worked with very friendly and understanding.
    -Growth! This is a great place to get your feet wet in working with something new in another department, trying out a process/making a suggestion. I feel like I am taken seriously when I speak up in a meeting and speak from past experiences or share feedback. I have had more than one idea I've had regarding a process change come to fruition. It's very encouraging
    -Attention to values. Conflicts with coworkers and processes (although rare for me) are looked at through the scope of values and mission, rather than a subjective opinion from other leadership. I appreciate the guidance and being able to tie actions of myself and others to values.
    -Frank! Frank is very open with everyone at Evolent and very friendly. You can tell he cares a great deal about the company and is constantly encouraging employees to reach out to him as a resource for the items he is focused on. Although I haven't had issues requiring his assistance, I really appreciate the openness and the culture that brings.

Cons

-Top-heavy. The company hires many people at director and above level. You are expected to "respect the hierarchy" and I notice leadership constantly brushing off unsavory encounters with higher-level executives because they are "busy." Everyone is, and being a mid-level or lower professional means you get less respect here. However, all of my colleagues have been generally respectful and I do not get this sense from the professional relationships I've made with others - rudeness just tends to be excused when you are high level, and HEAVILY reprimanded if not.

-Leadership. Leadership is generally very transparent and fantastic. They are like none I've ever seen as far as being willing to generally make a change, but I notice there is a LOT of "jump and then look" here. I've taken on a lot of projects that have not been thought out fully by leadership and go nowhere. It doesn't really instill a sense of importance in my role, the business unit, or the organization as a whole to have people spinning their wheels on many things. Additionally, I do notice that they are slaves to the hierarchy as well - if you have problems with a manager or superior, the problems will not really go away regardless of feedback given to HR/their superior.

Overall, the largest thing is that executives can be kind of testy towards younger people, and you can expect leadership to make excuses for personalities of higher-ranking officials. It's like nowhere I've ever worked in that regard, but as long as you can learn the culture, you can let it roll off your back.

"My Evolent Evolution"

Current Employee - CSA in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - CSA in Bedford, TX

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are very good and the schedules are very agreeable.

Cons

Lack of subject matter experts for difficult and escalated calls. Inability to schedule time off for important personal events

Advice to Management

The addition of SME's for everyday support to the CSRs and a more better staffed WFM that can address requests and update schedules real time when exceptions arise. A more diverse training staff would be helpful as well. The current training was adequate but had major deficiencies in the area of trainer professionalism.

"Excellent place to work."

Current Employee - Care Advisor in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Care Advisor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Evolent Health cares about the overall person, including your health and in your career!

Cons

I can't think of any negative things about working for Evolent.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredibly friendly and helpful colleagues. Amazing work life balance. It is so refreshing to be trusted and respected by your employer and have the flexibility to get your work done in a time that works for not only the business but YOU!

Cons

Rapid growth which can be both a pro and con. You really need to be ok with the constant change and role with it.

"A progressive place to work."

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every team member is valued.

Cons

Wish I started here sooner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with transparency!

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful place to work. Great work life balance, and tons of opportunity to grow! One of the best places I have ever worked. Everyone backs each other up, and amazing focus on culture. Career opportunities you can believe in.

Cons

Not much. If anything, as the company grows, there are a few bumps in the road for transition, but employees pull together to overcome.

Advice to Management

Great work! Thanks for always listening and being concerned with employee work/life balance.