Evolent Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Evolent Health CEO Frank Williams
Frank Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Fast pace means employees must be able to moderate their own work life balance" (in 26 reviews)

• "Because the company is growing at an alarming right, roles are often not clear" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Overall, just a great place to work"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits including 25 vacation/sick days, healthcare, dental, yearly performance bonuses, etc. Modern office with raisable desks, all-glass meeting rooms, decent cafeteria spaces, large outdoor patio, private rooms for relaxation/meditation/whatever, pool table, and treadmill desks.

Cons

Can get quite bureaucratic and political at times with upper management.

Advice to Management

Be more involved with what your employees are working on, it can be tough at times when a manager can be so distant that they become unapproachable.

"Great Culture, Great Work/Life Balance, Great Place to Learn and Progress"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

-The culture of Evolent is inclusive, focused on the individual, and continually tries to improve your workplace experience
    -HR strives to work with management so that the individual employee knows their progression, what their goals are, and what their career path is
    -The C suite of Evolent is down to earth and approachable
    -There is flexibility in regards to remote working, work life balance

Cons

-As Evolent continues to grow, teams can be short staffed due to demand and it can take a while to back fill positions
    -If you are used to a very stringent and strictly defined promotion and review schedule (such as in consulting) you will not find this here. This can lead to either a feeling of being stuck in your current position or more flexibility in your next step depending on how you approach this.

Advice to Management

-continue to have management be approachable to the common employee. Having everyone from the Analyst to the CEO in the same desk makes us feel like a real team.
    -continue to emphasize flexibility in work locations and work life balance as Evolent continues to grow in scope and size.

3. "Evolent Health"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Louisville, KY

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management, benefits. Both are good.

Cons

Red tape. Very structured. Some may find this a plus.

"It really is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25 PTO days, 10 Holidays excluding Veterans Day and Columbus Day but you gain black Friday and Christmas Eve. They encourage you to gain new on the job skill and work on projects! GENEROUS healthcare benefits for the employee and their family. 401k match up to a certain percentage.

Cons

No tuition assistance or reimbursement.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job!

"Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture,
    lots of room for growth,
    collaborative environment

Cons

Fast pace means employees must be able to moderate their own work life balance

6. "care advisor = bill collector"

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Corporate Evolent seemed to be a nice company to work for with a great culture. Health benefits are excellent. PTO is excellent. 401k is below industry norm.

Cons

NURSES--run from care advising.. It is not about the members, only about the metrics. No local training other than charting in the computer system. You are expected to begin producing numbers immediately and they make it clear that only enrolling members in CM matters, not actually helping them, because your bonus is based on metrics. They have no interest in introducing you to team members, providing information about member benefits, about pharmacy, about how to refer members to psych vendor, no list of office phone numbers, no information other than you are to get on the phones and begin enrolling members immediately so everyone’s bonus will be high. Out of town trainer wanted to train in her hotel rather than the office because she had children with her. Totally exasperating and unprofessional experience. Don’t let the Passport name fool you; this company no longer bears any resemblance to Passport. Because former Passport case managers are no longer with the company management is young and inexperienced. Evolent Kentucky bears no resemblance to corporate Evolent. If you want to be a nurse bill collector go to Evolent KY--the only difference will be instead of getting on the phone to bring in the money you will be getting on the phone to sign those members up.

Advice to Management

If your goal for your Care Advisors is for them to be the equivalent of bill collectors continue what you are doing. If not, train your trainers and managers.

7. "Executive Assistant"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Flexibility and PTO are great.

Cons

Can vary depending on your dept and manager / team.

Advice to Management

Keep direct reports’ best interest at hand, it is appreciated to have open-door communication and guidance to learn about the company.

"Great Culture/Poor pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the culture of the company, great people to work with. Never felt like I couldnt approach management with an issue. Free snacks & drinks. Great PTO time.

Cons

The pay for customer service reps can barley support someone even if they stayed with their parents. Also I was fired for ONE mistake, I never been written up before or had a verbal warning about the issue. They even fought my unemployment.

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Open culture, employee friendly policies, rapid growth

Cons

None that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Evolent Health Response

May 25, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy the culture and benefits at Evolent Health! As you mentioned we are growing rapidly so we rely on our employees to keep us honest and give... More

10. "RN"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am looking outside the company for new opportunities - no pros to list at this time.

Cons

Senior leadership and Managers are always changing their "tune" on goals short-term and long-term. Hard to know what is expected of me and the team. Lots of cliques the in-crowd get promotions, etc. HR recruiting is lacking professionalism, I know this as an applicant friend of mine describes lack of follow up after applying, even though he is well-qualified and the role is still posted. Not even a note to say thank you for applying, the role is currently on hold, etc. He receives this feedback from other companies.

Advice to Management

The HR department should look at best practices for applicants and internal policies. Seems they always take the word of the manager/more senior supervisor rather than believe that the direct report could be in the right, etc.