Evolent Health Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Evolent Health CEO Frank Williams
Frank Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • So far it does have a great work life balance (in 27 reviews)

• People can work from home as needed, and 25 vacation days a year for everyone is great (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Gets difficult at times to maintain work life balance with increasing demands for work and wanting to go above and beyond (in 20 reviews)

• Because the company is growing at an alarming right, roles are often not clear (in 15 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wonderful Environment - strong values, commitment to mission, and personal growth!"

Pros

1. Evolent truly celebrates its values and culture above all, and they work hard to maintain this culture for its employees.
    2. This is a company full of positive thinking staff who truly care about the mission of the company, and who will do anything they can to make the company a success
    3. Each employee is valued, from the top to the bottom of the organization, and there is an open-door policy so any colleague can approach leadership at any time to share their ideas and even discuss general career goals.
    4. The office space and technology are all top quality and contemporary
    5. Teamwork is valued and people are always willing to help out when help is needed!
    6. Health and wellness are important at Evolent, as well as charitable activities, so there are always charity events, yoga, and wellness challenges available. There are even occasionally in-office massages!
    7. Evolent is remote-work friendly, offering flexibility with location and hours

Cons

1. The company is growing quickly, so there are often shifts within teams and new team members coming in, which can occasionally confuse existing and changing processes and structures.
    2. There are occasional slow times, but more often there are very busy times, when Evolent accomplishes a lot of work in a small amount of time, which can occasionally be a little stressful. Overall, Evolenteers try to manage their time and protect their personal time as well.

Advice to Management

My advice would be for us to continue to value culture, personal growth, and the close-knit family feel of the company, even as we grow ever larger. It is what makes Evolent such a joy and such a wonderful environment to come to each day!

Evolent Health Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback!

"Sr. Vice President"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mission-driven culture, smart people, savvy business leaders, changing healthcare

Cons

the pace of change has been too quick at times

"Sustainability Issues"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people are great and the benefits package is better than what I've experienced previously

Cons

They have issues sustaining the recent growth of the company and often sugarcoat what's happening to employees, which contributes to poor expectation management

"Project Manager"

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Innovative and friendly people

Cons

Process improvement needed, clear job expectations required

Advice to Management

Better communication with teams

"Eh. Thanks but no thanks."

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

They really do believe in their mission, which is a wonderful thing. Good people, but short-sighted and not equipped to acquire orgs and run a successful business.
    Pay solid, benefits good, a lot of flexibility with working from home.

Cons

Strange culture. They felt it was normal to ask those who "voted for Trump" or are "part of the LGBT community" to stand up in a Diversity Training session. Inappropriate and awkward. I saw many good people leave because of weak upper management. I saw people who didn't deserve promotions get promoted. Overall they are kind people, but they aren't sure how to run a real business. Nothing gets done quickly; everything is done by committee and there are multiple redundant and exhausting meetings.

Advice to Management

The pep talks and diversity trainings take up too much time when real business needs to be conducted. Listen to employee input - it makes a difference.

"Balanced Diversity of different race, nationality, culture with strong value to the employee"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Data Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Data Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible work hours, and off course 25 days PTO in a year. Very professional working environment. And finally, excellent value for the employee from the management level.

Cons

First you must pay for parking and it’s hard to get a parking space even if you are willing to pay since there are very limited parking space in the building. I waited 3 months to get a parking. So, I suggest to use metro if you are planning to work in or around this location.
    Second, if you do not use your PTO in the same year, your PTO is gone as it do not rollover to next years or no compensation is substituted.
    Third, some team do not have balanced work assigned to all employee. More work you complete in time, then more work is assigned to you. To be more clear, if you know the work well and complete the work before the dead line, then you are assigned to work on different task immediately.

Advice to Management

No Advice as of now.

"Mediocre."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-from-home policy is decent, only when it isn't.

Cons

Extremely cliquey management and favoritism. Your experience depends on your manager. My manager liked to micro-manage me. I always felt policed and wasn't treated equally or proportionally to my experience there. They paid just okay. The company doubled while I was there and things declined as the company acquired other companies. Tons of bureaucratic red-tape and fake "company culture".

Advice to Management

You need to be careful about who you choose to manage other people. One or two hostile and inconsiderate managers will result in lost talent.

"Positive Experience"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, PTO policy is rather relaxed, and there's usually more than enough work to do.

Cons

The pay isn't great, promotions aren't consistent, and managers are usually technically savvy but aren't quality managers (think soft skills).

"Not the Company it was Five Years Ago"

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Trying to do a lot of different things

Cons

Work lots of hours, Sr. Management makes all of the decisions, no longer a collaborative work environment.

10. "Evolent Health is making a difference!"

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Our company is engaged in changing healthcare from sick, episodic events to proactively improving lives. It is a fantastic view from here!

Cons

I'm just beginning, and have no downsides to report yet!