Evolent Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Evolent Health CEO Frank Williams
Frank Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Fast pace means employees must be able to moderate their own work life balance" (in 29 reviews)

• "Company is growing with rapid speed, job responsibilities keep on changing" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Excellent Work Culture and Commitment to Tech Employee Training"

Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are extensive (including 6 health insurance options, pet health insurance, multi-tier dental/vision plans, occasional remote work, 25 days/year PTO, free tea/coffee/soda, etc.).

Entry-level pay is market-competitive based on Glassdoor and LinkedIn market assessments. The company itself is well-positioned in the market and is highly responsive to the volatile value-based care market.

Company and teams are innovation-, objectives-, and collaboration-oriented rather than stuck on competitive office politics or keeping the status quo, and this shows through everyday team interactions and the history of Evolent's analytics development.

Analytics team follows through on its commitment to developing tech talent through extensive onboarding and skill training. The training is best for those comfortable with a high ratio of independent work, though teamwork and cross-department collaboration are critically important and strongly shape daily workflows.

Cons

None seen so far. The work/life balance seems reasonable (40-45 hours/week for exempt Analytics employees) for entry-level employees. The workplace may be challenging for those not used to routine independent learning and limited direction on tasks.

Advice to Management

Continue enforcing the great culture as the company grows.

Evolent Health Response

Jul 13, 2018 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Our Analytics team is wonderful and truly lives our organizational values. As you mentioned we are growing which is exciting but can also be... More

2. "Great company, great benefits, & awesome culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love working for Evolent. They’ve been so generous with me and have been extremely flexible with my schedule. I really feel appreciated for the work I do and I have an amazing team. I’ve been with them since 2016 and I wouldn’t leave them for another company. Very happy where I am at.

Cons

None that I can think of. I do have an amazing team though and we all work out of different sites, would be nice if would could could see each other in person more often.

"Will take a minimum of 2.5 years to move from an Analyst to Sr. Analyst? No room for promised growth."

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, independent, remote working, interesting work, great exposure to SAS, great warm work culture, unlimited PTO

Cons

Was promised an opportunity to advance upon interviewing, but now being told it will take a minimum of 2.5 years to go from an Analyst to Sr. Analyst.
    Working in a position that only requires a bachelors degree after graduate school.
    Poor financial decisions that result in frequent lay offs.
    No salary increase based on merit.
    Unhappy clients.

Advice to Management

Make smarter investment decisions and stop over-hiring in large bouts after the smallest increase in profit. Keep the budget in mind and assess all possible variables. Be conservative with new hires. Test new hires for their abilities and proficiency in SAS, excel and SQL. Many are embellishing their skills and many of them are at the director level. Need better leadership and more attention to clients.

"It was great, while it lasted"

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment for learning, supportive atmosphere, interesting and varied work, great benefits

Cons

Seemed to be a great deal of favoritism when it came to promotions and projects; some inconsistency even between management regarding policies and best practices.

Advice to Management

The company is growing so quickly; the "town hall" concept would work if workers truly felt they could express their frustrations; otherwise, it is window dressing.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO schedule and work at home options.

Cons

Issues with local leadership and lack of management experience. Also the company is continually evolving so things/people change rapidly and layoffs are possible

Advice to Management

Stabilize the working/leadership environment to best support yhe front line teams

"Stay away from this company now in 2019"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company was good several years back With good people and benefits, when they first started with a group of nice and professionals. It falls so quickly nowadays. Co-worker are still good, while they faces layoffs. Benefits were good, but it got cut in 2019

Cons

Mid-level management and above Sr.directors are so stupid, no clear directions to the team and they are hired by relationships/friendships, not by job qualifications. So disappointed.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be more open to the team members, I wish it can still survive, the Original goal of CEO was good.

"A Great company, but needs to reevaluate growth plans as this impacts their employees."

Current Employee - Clinical Educator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Clinical Educator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company works to make their employees feel valued and appreciated.

Cons

The company has grown at an unprecedented pace and is causing challenges in regards to the benefits that we receive.

Advice to Management

Be thoughtful and mindful in your growth plans as this impacts your employees.

8. "Got where I need to be"

Current Employee - Behavioral Health Care Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Behavioral Health Care Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay, nice benefit package

Cons

lack of transparency, a lot of changes in short period of time

9. "There is no "Other Shoe" to Drop"

Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Director in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very competitive salary, incredible benefits suite, employees and leaders whose hearts truly are in their work, autonomy, and creativity is celebrated

Cons

Not suitable for those who need total predictability in their job or who can't tolerate company growing pains

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, including redirecting when you realize you get it not-quite-right. Stay transparent and even when the news isn't great, give reasons to be positive. Ensure salaries continue to grow so we attract the very best talent. Listen carefully to market leaders so as not to be perceived the "arrogant outsiders."

"Good young Company"

Former Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Business Operations Specialist in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Evolent Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, Mission Driven

Cons

Weak internal organization, Growing Pains