Evolent Health Reviews

"Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - IQ Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Room for growth is great

Cons

No cons at the moment

Evolent Health2019-10-12

Evolent Health Response

January 15, 2020Associate Director of Recruitment

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your time at Evolent and appreciate everything on a daily basis!

2. "Flexible"

4.0
    Current Employee - Claims Processor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Caring leadership that always strives to be the best for their employees.

Cons

Not many cons to be honest.

Evolent Health2020-06-01

"Ok place to start"

Former Employee - Customer/Provider Client Representative

I worked at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Free popcorn Free Sparking water and beverages Nice office space Nice building

Cons

Lack of support from management.

Evolent Health2020-05-21

"Benefits are good, But in recent time more layoffs."

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits & Compensation & Work life balance

Cons

Management issues, Layoffs every quarter, No growth.

Evolent Health2020-05-07

"Miserable and horribly unstable place to work. Don't waste your time."

2.0
    Current Employee - Configuration Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay, work from home (sometimes), unlimited PTO (if they let you use it)

Cons

Poor management, no integrity, long working hours, extremely high stress. Management is a joke. They just put people into positions that they are not qualified for...just because they need warm bodies to fill seats. Most of the people in management positions do not have adequate healthcare experience and they don't know how to motivate or effectively manage people. Managers make up their own rules as they go to suit their own agendas. Rules are bent for certain people and not others. Morale is extremely low. the majority of the people are looking for other jobs outside of the company. There are cliques everywhere and it feels like middle school mean girls all over again. Everyone is leaving at breakneck speed, that is if they survive the multiple (yes, multiple) layoffs that the company has every year. There is absolutely no stability and you're on a constant roller coaster. The company is always hurrying to do work that they're behind in and they don't plan ahead or manage their time, or resources, wisely. They lie to employees and over-promise or flat out lie to clients. They think that people are dumb and don't really see what's going on. Just read the other reviews on Glassdoor to see what's really going on. Managers don't trust the people under them, so they micro-manage everything. There are multiple directors reporting to directors...the management structure makes no sense and it's counter-productive. There is no respect of the chain of command. They have people in management positions and senior management oversteps them and also micromanages them all of the time. There is no privacy or loyalty. No professionalism or respect. HR is a joke. If you say something or bring light to these horrible situations going on, nothing is done about it, even serious offenses....be prepared to have to over-prove your claims and have more than one witness...then be disappointed when they do nothing about it. It is a miserable place to work and you better think twice before working here because it will seriously have an adverse effect on your mental and physical well-being. It's not normal to cry on multiple occasions throughout the week, in private and in meetings...which is what you'll be doing if you work here. They're sending all of the work to Pune, India where they can hire multiple people for pennies on the dollar who do sub-par work. It's not the fault of the people in Pune either...they try very hard to do well but they have minimal training and you're expected to sink or swim. This is a very complicated job and there is a pretty big language/context barrier with the people in Pune. You get what you pay for.

Evolent Health2020-05-17

"Best to worst"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Best HR team, offered good salary

Cons

Uncertainty, frequent lay offs, lack of clarity

Evolent Health2020-04-29
  7. "Great Experience"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart motivated team members, creative work spaces, collaborative groups, clean office, fun environment, good benefits, remote work

Cons

Leadership communication hurdles, late nights to complete deliverables, vendor dependencies

Evolent Health2020-05-06
  8. "Absolutely loved my time with Evolent Health at the Louisville Office"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Louisville, KY

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful inclusive atmosphere Amazing management, supervisors, and trainers, Truly care about their employees as well as their clients Great benefits that start right away. Insurance, PTO Extremely clean well kept facility. You had your own desk so no shairing keyboard or phones etc. A wonderful break room with lots of amenities free, coffee, tea, hot chocolate etc.. ** note my experience was before Covid-19 so I’m not sure if they are doing any work on site any,ore.

Cons

None. I have nothing. No CONS. But since I have to put something here I would say hand sanaitizer stations and Kleenex be readily available but my experience with the company started September 16, 2019 I’m certain that this is no longer an issue and never will be again.

Evolent Health2020-05-04

"beware of bad operational management"

1.0
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Evolent Health full-time

Pros

Top pay and an overall decent benefits package.

Cons

There are SO MANY MANAGERS with their hands in every department's pots. They demand speedy turnaround times and simple explanations of extremely complex and poorly documented issues, but do not provide associates with enough support to yield the results they are seeking.

Evolent Health2020-06-01

"Don't Work Here"

2.0
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator

I worked at Evolent Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, work from home and benefits- PTO

Cons

Upper Management, Lack Communication and show favoritism in certain depts

Evolent Health2020-05-03