Cover image for Evolent Health

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

81.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Evolent Health~625415
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good benefits and sabbatical after 5 years(in 99 reviews)
  • "So many great people with such talent and passion for taking care of people (who are leaving as quickly as they can find other jobs)(in 77 reviews)
  • "Corporate Evolent seemed to be a nice company to work for with a great culture.(in 69 reviews)
  • "Work life balance is good(in 60 reviews)
  • "Great benefits, PTO, work from home, flex time, work life balance, good leadership.(in 45 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management (or micromanagement)/communication.(in 40 reviews)
  • "Constant layoffs.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Staff are expected to work late nights and weekends, as the managers don't mind at all assigning a list of tasks on a Friday afternoon and demand them to be done by Monday.(in 27 reviews)
  • "The women in senior leadership are in token roles like 'Chief Accounting Officer' or 'Chief Customer Officer'.(in 24 reviews)
  • "No training, good hard work doesn’t matter friends are promoted first.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Evolent Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Good place to learn and grow

Apr 12, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Brea, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Work-life balance * Career growth * No micro management * Employee friendly * Unlimited PTOs

Cons

Could not find anything wrong in my current tenure

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An employer that follows their own values

Nov 4, 2022 - Instructional Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home (WFH) Benefits → Fairly low cost to me, lots of options. Unlimited (truly) PTO for full-time. Immediate management → I have quite a bit of interaction with my team and department supervisors, and I respect and admire them. I have no direct communication with management above them, so I can't speak to that. Team and department members → Despite being WFH, my team members were kind and supportive from day 1. I always feel like my professional opinions have been respected, and everyone is easy to ask for help from. Engagement expectations → From day one, I felt like my team and department were realistic with their WFH expectations (be responsive, finish projects on time, attend meetings, etc.). This support automatically made me more engaged with my team because I knew my time was respected.

Cons

Time zones → Pretty much every team has multiple people working in different time zones within the U.S., and some departments have operations in India and the Philippines. These time zone differences can look like early (5 AM) or late (7 PM) meeting times. You can adjust your daily 8 hours however you see fit, but it's not for everyone.

3. Join the Evolent Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Enjoy while you can

Dec 2, 2022 -  in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation Remote /Hybrid schedules

Cons

Management doesn't communicate well They layoff often They don't provide the tools to be successful They cut too many corners Management does not have a clue

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Real

Nov 18, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has great benefits, PTO, Education

Cons

Pay is not the best, lower than others

6. 5.0

Best Culture and People

Nov 3, 2022 - Associate Director - IT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and people, Leadership communicates at all level and make sure everyone is aware of where company is heading .

Cons

Medical coverage cost is little high , If I compare with my previous employers.

7. 5.0

Contracting to Full-time

Nov 3, 2022 - Data Integration Analyst in Albany, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Definitely love the work culture. Due to the pandemic its not an onsite job anymore but i loved it when it was onsite too. The team and the management are very encouraging and helpful. I'm also amazed the way the company has been able to adapt so well to the remote work experience.

Cons

Had few access issues during the initial onboarding process. But i wouldn't count it as cons as the help desk were always ready to help.

Evolent Health Response

Managing Director, Talent

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here as an Evolenteer. If you have any further feedback to share, please email us at evolentfeedback@evolenthealth.com.

8. 5.0

Company appreciation of employees

Nov 3, 2022 - Configuration Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is very focused on employee health, work/life balance, and satisfaction with company.

Cons

There are no "cons" for me

9. 3.0
    Current Employee

Okay positive

Nov 17, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training and help from peers

Cons

Low pay and high call volumes

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Too much management.

Nov 15, 2022 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of good an talented people

Cons

Too many managers and way too many meetings.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Natural Language Processing

Nov 15, 2022 - Data Scientist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote job with alright salary 401k, insurance

Cons

load work high and need to work after hours

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,055 Reviews
</>Embed

Evolent Health Reviews FAQs

Evolent Health has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 1,096 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Evolent Health to a friend and 80% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Evolent Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Evolent Health. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

83% of Evolent Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Evolent Health 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Evolent Health to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Evolent Health Job Seekers