65% would recommend to a friend
(1250 total reviews)
78% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits were great but have been scaled back" (in 114 reviews)
- "Great work life balance" (in 85 reviews)
- "So many great people with such talent and passion for taking care of people (who are leaving as quickly as they can find other jobs)" (in 80 reviews)
- "Unlimited PTO which was nice." (in 62 reviews)
- "Corporate Evolent seemed to be a nice company to work for with a great culture." (in 60 reviews)
- "Poor management (or micromanagement)/communication." (in 42 reviews)
- "In the two years I worked there, layoffs were constant." (in 35 reviews)
- "managers don't know answers to questions" (in 32 reviews)
- "1) There are many people in management positions that have little or no leadership experience, which results in micro" (in 30 reviews)
- "no training program for intern" (in 29 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Evolent and is not affected by filters.
Found 1,250 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWJul 5, 2023Supervisor Workforce ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPune
Amazing culture and employee-centric organization with top-of-class senior management.
Nothing I can think of.
- 5.0Sep 24, 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer EmployeeFlorida City, FL
Genuinely care about your mental health and well-being. Noise friendly if you need to work from home and have children. Managers actually care about you moving up within the company.
Depending on the client you work under you may be subjected to working later shifts
- 2.0Sep 18, 2023Senior Training SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsChicago, IL
When I started the company had a horizontal organizational hierachy typical in a startup. Leadership was very interested in employee thoughts and ideas. Great PTO, volunteer time off, and many company status meetings and workshops. I loved the company for the first 3 years.
As the company grew the organizational structure became a traditional vertical hierarchy and all ideas came from the top down and leadership didn't seem interested in employee ideas anymore. Also as it changed from a startup to a public company, if the company wasn't making money from new clients (which became a normal thing), layoffs became a regular occurrence. Also, when we would meet our monthly and yearly metrics, the next year they would be higher with the same amount of staff. There was a lot of micromanaging from the managing partner level and no staff input was accepted from the senior director level. Leadership also would praise some staff and not others who were sometimes doing more work. The last year became drudgery. I place the accountability on the change of leadership at the top and change to a more vertical organizational structure. My direct supervisor was wonderful (supportive, and complimentary), but the upper management in my department displayed a lot of micromanaging and controlling behavior.
- 4.0Oct 23, 2023Quality Management SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBrea, CA
Good benefits which includes sabbatical every 5 years Fully remote positions Great career opportunities from within
Workplace environment could be better. Transparency from upper management.
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Quality AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsArlington, VA
Work life balance, great benefits and my director listens to my concerns and will address issues.
I really don't have a con.
- 4.0Oct 12, 2023Manager, Configuration ManagementCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Great team, decent pay, and flexible schedules.
Disorganized, behind in technology, and uneasy feeling with so many work force reductions.1
- 4.0Oct 13, 2023AccountantCurrent EmployeeArlington, VA
A work from home enviroment that is family oriented and allows employees to manage their work within resonable timelines.
You grow depending of who you know in the company and what team you are in only.
Evolent Reviews FAQs
Evolent has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,293 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Evolent to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
65% of Evolent employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Evolent 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.