Evolv Reviews | Glassdoor

Evolv Reviews

Updated May 24, 2016

3.4
Evolv CEO Max Simkoff (no image)
Max Simkoff
  1. "Great place to work!"

Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Evolv

Pros

Great company, lots of opportunity to advance. I enjoyed my time here, the people, the product and the work we were doing.

Cons

Like anywhere, there were managers who didn't want to do their part. Company dissolved several departments/downsized which was the only reason I no longer work there.

Evolv2016-05-24
  2. "Evolv will evolve in time to a great company"

Former Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Evolv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, wfh option, weekly caterered lunch, happy hours, growing team, nice people, CEO is involved and positive, hands on learning, growth opportunities

Cons

Bad management, low pay, product not yet ready, sometimes hard to get direction, not everyone always pulls weight, focus on sales over product

Evolv2016-01-13
  3. "Could be a good company but..."

I worked at Evolv full-time

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

Revolving door. People were constantly being let go. Ended up leaving because there was no job security. 3 weeks later my whole group was let go.

Evolv2015-05-11
  4. "A lot of pivots and not many products"

I worked at Evolv

Pros

A lot of smart people

Cons

Not much product direction constant pivoting

Evolv2014-12-03
  5. "ever-evolving"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Evolv full-time for more than a year

Pros

great executive team very cool product great pay

Cons

product is a bit ahead of its time- has a long sale-cycle sometimes unclear what the vision of the company is disconnect between departments

Evolv2014-10-22
  6. "Awesome company!"

I have been working at Evolv

Pros

Innovative product, location in SOMA

Cons

Limited training available to new employees

Evolv2014-10-07
  7. "Great chance to learn"

I have been working at Evolv full-time for more than a year

Pros

Evolv presents a great opportunity to learn because management really fosters a culture of getting your feet wet in different areas. It offers a terrific work/life balance, including a solid work from home policy. Co workers are interesting, engaged and well educated.

Cons

The pay is low and there is a lot of the stuff that needs fixing (this is often where the opportunities for growth arise).

Evolv2014-10-06
  8. "Start/Stop/Start"

I have been working at Evolv full-time

Pros

Autonomy over work. Chance to contribute to the company, product and team from day one. Fantastic companies as clients. Interesting product re: workforce optimization & big data. Bright employees. Great office location. Good camaraderie among employees in office.

Cons

Poor product and management direction. Poor execution. Business model not 100% finalized/vetted out.

Evolv2014-10-10

"Struggling Start-up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Evolv full-time

Pros

There are only two "Pros" of this company. 1) The other "worker bees" that you get to work with and know. I have not met another group of intelligent, hard working, go-getters ever. They really care about each other and work hard together. If anything, I will miss my co-workers the most. 2)You have the ability to work very closely with other departments and thus pick up new skill sets that you may not have the opportunity to learn if you were at a bigger company. But I feel that this is the status quo for any startup you join.

Cons

Where do I begin: 1) Lack of pay. THEY DO NOT PAY MARKET RATE! UNLESS you are in Sales. If you want to get paid 20-30% below market rate ,then by all means, go ahead and apply. 2)No sense of direction. The company has changed direction more times than anyone cares to remember. 3)No leadership. The CEO talks about "transparency" but hardly provides it. Think of him as a salesman/cheerleader, not much of a leader. The company only hears the good news and is left in the dark about the bad. 4)They used to have a "results-driven" approach to work and was very flexible with people and their schedules, allowing individuals to work from home when needed. Then suddenly they took that away and required everyone to be in the office at all times. Although I realize that the 9-5 Monday-Friday is the standard for most companies, its the fact that we were once given that level of trust/freedom and having it taken away(for no good reason) that I am rating it as a con. not to mention, it was nice to know that since I literally get paid 30% below market rate, I can WFH on a day or two and save my commute on the MUNI into the office. 5)I doubt the company will be around past 12/2014, so don't even bother applying.

Evolv2014-08-07
  10. "Constant change, lack of leadership."

I worked at Evolv

Pros

Ability to learn different skills because there is no one else to do them. Medical benefits are good.

Cons

Employee turnover is high. Remote employees are not valued.

Evolv2014-04-23