Evolve Vacation Rental Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2020

3.4
Evolve Vacation Rental CEO Brian Egan (no image)
Brian Egan
Pros
  • "Great culture atmosphere and hiring process was quick and easy(in 7 reviews)

• "Fantastic company culture (socially and in-office)(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you do not welcome change and adapt quickly, you should definitely look elsewhere(in 4 reviews)

• "As turnover wiped away have the sales team, they made the reactive decision to increase them to keep more employees(in 4 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Great Culture, amazing people"

5.0
    Current Employee - Guest Experience in Denver, CO

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful culture, great people to work with, and a very transparent leadership team

Cons

Focus on sales and not service Pay is lower than the specializations they are hiring for

Continue reading
  2. "Be careful about taking a sales job here the job you accepted may be different by the time you start"

Former Employee - Vacation Rental Advisor in Denver, CO

I worked at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great coworkers, some of the best people work on the sales floor and most are super kind and friendly.

Cons

Management has very little care for the input or opinions of their employees, weak commission structure that changed 5 times in 1.5 years, very small base salary, limited space for upward growth, confusing & constantly changing operational processes, managers are without time to help their team, serious double standards in regards to performance expectations, dreadful PTO policy, responsibilities of the position change frequently, management makes HUGE changes to the job with zero regard for the sales team

July 14, 2020The Evolve Team

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. As with many growth stage companies, it’s true that things change quickly at Evolve and that has certainly been the case with the challenges created by COVID-19. These changes are always made with the best interest of our Evolvers in mind, and we do aim to provide as much transparency as possible whenever adjustments are made. While our policies and procedures may change after someone joins Evolve, pay and benefits are always discussed upfront and we are very open about both throughout the hiring process. For example, every new Evolver knows they will start with 15 days of PTO, 3 sick days and 8 paid holidays per year. With regards to promotions, we are growing quickly and there is ample opportunity to advance your career at Evolve. For example, all senior positions are filled by internal promotions and we’ve recently hired multiple vacation rental advisors into manager roles. However, promotions are never a given. Past performance, leadership skills, and ongoing development potential are all taken into consideration when team members are being considered for a promotion. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

3. "Another young start up company for Denver Co."

Current Employee - Lead Guest Experience Team Lead in Denver, CO

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

The environment is fairly friendly if you are fresh out of collage. The Owners are very nice. The peoples team are nice as well. Good company to get with for a young person.

Cons

If you have a great work ethic and work hard this is not notice. You have to ask your Manager how you are doing? what can you improve on? The one on one's a re a joke you sit and talk about personal things.

4. COVID-19

"Frustrating Sales Role"

2.0
    Current Employee - Vacation Rental Advisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

-What happens at work stays at work. Work was never brought home with me. -They increased benefits over the past couple of years -Sales has the best compensation in the company (see cons) -A very welcoming leadership team. Might be the best thing about the company -Not much cold calling, unless you run out of leads to call upon

Cons

-Took long enough to get better benefits, especially when you consider yourself a "start up". Not as competitive as other companies of this nature. As turnover wiped away have the sales team, they made the reactive decision to increase them to keep more employees -Unless you want to become a manager (when a spot opens up), there is no advancement for sales. Shifting to another team would be a lot less pay. -Complex product with too many moving parts. So complicated that you will get a different answer on how something is handled depending on who you ask. -It is a very unorganized organization. There is a ton of opportunity for human error and this is a very poor look for a “tech company”. More technology could be utilized in order to increase efficiency. -Homeowners always say “I was called almost daily and received great support when I was getting signed up, but now that I am live, I can’t get a response from anyone.” Many times frustrated homeowners/travelers call the sales line just to speak to someone because they couldn’t get through to the team they wanted to speak to. Then you are put in a position where you need to make it right, so you chat a few people and wait for a response that probably won’t come. (needs a better system) This leads to bad experiences as a homeowner, which lead to terrible reviews on the internet, which leads to more time on a sales call and also less sign ups. -As more growth happens on the sales team, there is less opportunity (less pay) -The professional development plateaus very quickly in sales with the next step being a manager when/if a position becomes available.

July 14, 2020The Evolve Team

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. As a hospitality company, we absolutely agree as to the importance of service for our business, which is why we are currently growing our team again. We’re sorry to hear that you feel management has sugarcoated issues within the company. We do pride ourselves on being as transparent as possible with our teams, most recently with our CEO being extremely open when briefing our team on the status of our business as Evolve navigates the current pandemic. Even being one of the largest vacation rental management companies in the country, we’re always looking for ways to improve and gain efficiency. As you’ll know from our most recent company meetings, this is our top priority for all teams at the moment as we aim to put ourselves in the best possible position post-COVID. We encourage you to participate in these discussions with your manager or by connecting with the People Team if you haven’t already – we would greatly appreciate your input.

"Culture keeps people"

Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for Evolve for almost a year and the reason I stay is for the company culture. Evolve truly stands by their values in everything they do. I don't know many companies that actually stand by values and don't just use them to get people in the door. They hold company wide meetings every month where you get to listen to all of leadership talk and be transparent which is great. They do offer good benefits right off the bad such as 401k matching, travel credits (after a year), free health insurance (though this is the lowest tiered), 15 PTO days plus 3 sick days, & opportunities for career development.

Cons

Things are constantly changing so if it's hard to adjust to change then Evolve might not be the best fit.

6. COVID-19

"Evolve let me down"

Former Employee - Guest Experience Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

CEO was professional and transparent. Fun office

Cons

Let me start off by saying that Evolve is a good company overall. It had potential to be a very fun job, COVID messed everything up, and I was affected by the lay offs. There were a few things about the experience that were not good. 1. Training - my trainer was practically MIA for my whole course of "training". My trainer even admitted to being negligent. My trainer definitely knew her stuff, but in the actual sessions when she would actually train me on something, she just didn't seem genuine, and things felt very rushed like she had something better to do. My trainer basically made me do one task for two weeks which didn't contribute to my numbers at all. 2. Management - Upper management is professional. HR & Onboarding was all very swift and thorough. 3. The team leads - were a different story. Maybe like 2 out of the 6? were genuine and seemed to care. I had an experience where a colleague did a zoom training with me, so she had to share her screen. I saw that one of my team leads messaged her in a chat saying very disparaging remarks about me. Overall the team leads would scoff pretty much if you ask for help. They seem extremely overworked and maybe that has something to do with it. I just wish she would have had a chat with me and told me I needed to work on something instead of messaging another co worker about it. Very unprofessional.

July 13, 2020The Evolve Team

Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed Evolve as a company and appreciated our management and HR teams. We heavily value honest and direct communication and appreciate your feedback. We agree that the team lead should have gone directly to you with any feedback and we will always look into these matters when brought to our attention. Our training team works very hard to provide a positive onboarding experience for our team. It sounds like you may have started training with us shortly after the COVID-19 pandemic began, which unfortunately may have contributed to your experience as we were adjusting to a changing environment. Our team has certainly been stress tested these past few months and this may have contributed to us not performing to our normal standards. Now that we have a better footing, we plan to return to the high level of training needed for our teams. Thank you again for your review, we wish you all the best in the future.

"Mission not Accomplished"

Former Employee - Support in Denver, CO

I worked at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at Evolve gave me a greater appreciation for the leadership of every other company for which I've worked prior.

Cons

Earn It - It's a job you get paid, do not expect any pats on the back. Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time - Management should take this stance with those it employs Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly - Management honestly communicates disparaging and demeaning feedback often and directly Embrace Change - Processes change as often as an RSA security token Stay Hungry & Humble - If you are not both already you will be and not in the best way Care - Very little Be Efficient - Why do what can be done in two clicks when you can do it in twenty-two clicks Take Risks - Apply for a position Learn Every Day - Weak change management process will keep you on your toes Have Some Fun Along the Way - Just not on the clock

April 30, 2020The Evolve Team

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience while working at Evolve. With regards to transparency, we certainly do our best to remain as open as possible as a company. Events such as Kick Offs and Town Halls are planned specifically to give our teams deep insight into the business. Most recently, we’ve taken transparency to the next level as our CEO continues to openly brief our teams on the status of our business as Evolve navigates the current pandemic. We’re also continuing to improve training both at the management level and across the company with the addition of our Training and Development team that was formed in the latter half of last year. They have already made great strides by implementing leadership development initiatives and new feedback processes, and we look forward to the positive impact they will continue to have in the future.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Owner Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I worked at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow and move with in the company Great health benefits and 401k matching

Cons

This is a support position, taking phone calls from angry owners is never fun. Not a lot of support from management in the owner facing team, managers were never around.

Continue reading
  9. "Great growing company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Photography Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Positive work environment, open and honest C-level employees, growing company

Cons

Just okay PTO plan with minimal growth

10. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Owner Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Evolve Vacation Rental full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone here wants you to succeed and will help you along the way! Great culture atmosphere and hiring process was quick and easy.

Cons

I wish they gave out complimentary bus passes for commuters as a benefit.

Found 79 reviews