KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 407 of over 769 reviews

3.8
Evonik CEO Christian Kullmann
Christian Kullmann
Pros
  • "Great work/life balance with friendly co-workers(in 40 reviews)

• "Good working environment all good(in 36 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There is a lot of oversight in decision making(in 18 reviews)

• "Heavy work load , not much of work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Evonik and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Evonik assessment

Nov 2, 2021 - Management in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As with many organizations Evonik --provides employment opportunities, benefits including 401(k), bonus plan etc; --sound manufacturing business model with a nearly recession-proof portfolio of mostly commodity products; Evonik also provides imo an excellent opportunity for those interested in fully learning how a commodity organization works; --For those interested in the technical side of the business they truly excel at R&D research. The marketing and sales side is great too but at the end of the day the business more or less runs itself with few exceptions. Senior management often is technically strong as well. If one favors mostly predictable day-to-day employment this might be a Holy Grail. Time most evenings to coach the kid's sport teams and be on school board for example (if these things are what the employee seeks). Personally I enjoyed every minute of being there but left only because I needed to be challenged more. Nothing personal at all, the Mgt team understood and embraced it without incident.

Cons

No negatives to speak of. Evonik to me was simply an organization trying to make a profit without trying to be more than an great manufacturing company. German creativity at its best with regard to chemistry and chemical engineering and with rich long of doing so.

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Short Employment Period

Jan 19, 2022 - Sales Manager in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Diverse range of hires, lots of energetic positive attitudes -Good pay and benefits

Cons

-Strong in-crowd attitudes -Doesn't keep their promises necessarily -Management likes to spring surprise tasks/questions

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Typical

Jan 5, 2022 - Packaging in Etowah, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Top out pay, schedule, benefits.

Cons

Low start out pay, abysmal management, non existent preventative maintenance program, defective and out dated equipment, being required to work without break approximately 50% of the time.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

RUN FOR THE HILLS

Jan 20, 2022 - Product Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

NONE except good salary & vacation policy

Cons

poor management, they hire managers based solely upon degree no work experience.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Decent Employer for Entry-level positions - Solid benefits but work culture is too traditional

Aug 16, 2021 - Technical Service Representative in Allentown, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good benefits - health, PTO, and 401k - Friendly and helpful colleagues - Global organization committed to growth - Top-notch safety culture (in Allentown, PA) - Travel opportunities - Company is starting to encourage cross-BL innovation

Cons

- HQ in Germany lacks trust in technical colleagues outside EMEA region - Inconsistent job titles between colleagues with the same duties / function - Difficult to change job function and expand skillset (expectation to stay and grow professionally within BL and functional area) - Laboratories in Allentown lack natural lighting

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good opprtunies

Dec 20, 2021 - Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good place to work, great benefits, salary, and people

Cons

The only downside i can think of is the overtime

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

AVOID AT ALL COST!

Nov 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pros. Pay was decent

Cons

Would give management a negative - 10 stars. Avoid at all cost. Management I dealt with very prejudice. When issues were brought to the attention of HR they advised nothing they can do. Raises given based upon who you hand out with and go drinking with, not based upon ability. If you are not willing to sell your sole to the god of Evonik they will do all they can to make your work life a nightmare.

4 people found this review helpful

Evonik Response

Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing to hear that you didn’t have a positive experience at Evonik. Compensation and increases at Evonik are based on merit and performance standards. In addition, Evonik is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not tolerate discrimination. Our company leadership has been notified of your concerns, and we encourage you to contact us directly with more details about your work experience at employerbranding@evonik.com.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good pay and benefits but the job comes with overhead.

Dec 27, 2021 - Process Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and culture. Great pay and benefits.

Cons

There are some bad weeds that if got rid off, this place would work like a well lubricated machine.

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not paid for the job you do

Nov 25, 2021 - Chemical Operator in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Medical benefits, 401k ,vision, dental

Cons

Hours are terrible and pay

Evonik Response

Thank you for your feedback. First and foremost, we would like to emphasize that your work at Evonik is very much appreciated and does not go unnoticed. In light of rising inflation, compensation has become a growing concern for many employees. We are constantly monitoring compensation rates to ensure that all our employees are paid competitively. If you have any suggestions on how Evonik can show greater appreciation for our operators, please share them with us at employerbranding@evonik.com. We want to ensure that you and your colleagues feel valued as members of our team.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great benefits

Nov 24, 2021 - Chemical Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company 401k investment Almost unlimited OT opportunities

Cons

A lot of micromanage A lot of forced overtime. A lot of having to be on extra teams.

Evonik Response

Thank you for your feedback. It makes us proud that we can offer our employees a strong 401(k) plan. It’s one of our favorite benefits, too! We regret to hear of your concerns, however. Our plants could not keep running without the hard work of our trained and skilled operators. If you would like to provide more details about your experience at Evonik, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at employerbranding@evonik.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 407 Reviews

Evonik Reviews FAQs

79% of Evonik employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Evonik 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Evonik to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Evonik Job Seekers