KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 132 of over 138 reviews

3.7
Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply President Douglas W. York
Douglas W. York
Pros
  • "Fast growing, forward thinking, family owned company, with lots of opportunities to advance your career(in 17 reviews)

• "Company vehicle and profit sharing/ 401K a plus(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The York family cries of low margins and pushes low pay to the branch staff(in 6 reviews)

• "Low monetary compensation, Can be hard to take time off(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great company

Nov 4, 2021 - Warehouse/Driver in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers. Fast paced. Relaxed environment

Cons

Can be slow at times

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for sharing your personal experience and insight. We appreciate your commitment to our team!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Career Advancement!!!

Apr 15, 2021 - Finance (Credit/Accounting) in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

To name some quick ones; 401k Match, Profit sharing, small gym, education reimbursement, certification reimbursement, excel training reimbursement (or free tutoring), one on one leadership training / mentorship (with management or company leadership guru), occasional lunch provided (month-end, birthdays, goals met), unlimited company provided coffee / tea (cream and sugar included), internal advancement, advancement, ADVANCEMENT (did I mention advancement), plenty of parking (none of that downtown parking garage mess, off-street parking fender benders or walking a mile in heels pain, you're pretty much parking at the front door), maximum exposure to lots of realms of the industry (if you're bored, that's on you, there is always something to do, something to learn, something to file or an open door to ask a manager how you can help or grow in your career). There are many more but it's easier if you just come and see for yourself. This is a job, not charity, so if you want to work for the sake of working and bettering yourself, then this is the place to be amongst like minded individuals. Standards are high and management wants people to meet expectations that can be utilized here or anywhere else you choose to be.

Cons

The only cons are there are some negative people who work here who know if they leave they will probably never be able to get another job (this is at EVERY JOB). They will try and get in your head but as long as you come to work and give your 100% and don't let other people affect you then you are good. Be better than those individuals. No one employed here at Ewing is being held against their will.

3 people found this review helpful

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for sharing your Ewing experience. We care very deeply for our employees and are dedicated to always improving our benefits package, training initiatives and opportunities for career advancement. We hope you continue to enjoy growing with us!

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best in the Industry!

Oct 27, 2021 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities abound! If you don’t mind hard work and are proactive in your development you will achieve your goals!! Family owned and they make you feel like you’re part of it.

Cons

Not many. The pros outweigh them x1000.

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are pleased that you enjoy working with your team members and value our professional development training opportunities.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Branch Manager

Oct 16, 2021 - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small team, typically 3-5 people

Cons

Metrics, reports, measurements and more reports.

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

We take feedback seriously and truly appreciate your review. We are sorry that your experience at Ewing did not meet our intention of being a great employer. Branch Managers are the foundation of our success and are responsible for directing daily branch operations to include inventory management, budgets, forecasting, compliance, marketing, merchandising, as well as growing revenue and profitability for their branch. The position is a demanding one that not only influences branch employees but customers too. Thank you for sharing your personal experience and wish you the best in your future career pursuits.

5. 3.0

Family business turning corporate

Sep 27, 2021 - Warehouse Associate in Independence, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health Insurance and profit sharing

Cons

\Weak wages , hourlies do all the work, management reap the harvest Unfair employment practices, discriminatory

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are committed to providing an environment where associates are treated fairly and with the utmost respect. We are sorry that your experience at Ewing does not meet our intention of being a great employer. To better understand your feedback, please contact us at hr@ewingirrigation.com.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Marketing

Aug 21, 2021 - Marketing in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee wellness programs, good benefits

Cons

Limited raises/bonuses and location, male dominated

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We are committed to providing an environment where associates are treated fairly and with the utmost respect. We are sorry that your experience at Ewing did not meet our intention of being a great employer. Your feedback helps us make Ewing a better place to work. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fine for Irrigation Industry Focused Career Paths

Jul 14, 2021 - Creative
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can shape your role, if you put in the work. Though, growth is limited once you do.

Cons

Not a lot of room for growth at corporate. Projects: Branch priorities and quick fixes almost always come before what's best for the long term. Marketing could benefit from ideation and taking time to identify opportunities for improvement, rather than focusing on task completion. If you want a job where you complete small tasks without much attention to the larger picture, go for it. But, if you want to strategize, critically think and use your creative skills to better the business, this is not a place that will encourage and foster that.

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

We take feedback seriously and truly appreciate your review. At Ewing, we take pride in the fact that we have career paths in place for upward mobility as well as promote from within the company. Thank you for sharing your personal experience and wish you the best in your future career pursuits.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great foamily owned company to work with and for.

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, internal opportunity, clear goals, great teams and departments, leadership is stable.

Cons

Not many cons, honestly can't think of one. If you like to work, learn, and a challenge then definitely apply.

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for writing a thoughtful review! We appreciate your commitment to Ewing and are pleased that you continue to enjoy your work experience and value our professional development training opportunities.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Apr 15, 2021 - Corporate Office Staff
      Business Outlook

Pros

Rapidly expanding, fast paced environment. You feel like a part of the team, working together towards the common goal of serving the customers’ needs. You are more than an employee number here. Senior management knows and cares about you.

Cons

Growing so quickly we desperately need more employees who want to grow with us and are not afraid of working hard towards this goal.

2 people found this review helpful

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for sharing your personal experience and insight. As you mention, we are growing quickly which presents a few challenges. New recruitment initiatives are in the works to hire the best employees who are a great fit for our business. We appreciate your commitment to our team!

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are always a lot of opportunities to learn and grow if you are willing to put in some effort.

Cons

Branches can be hot in the summer

Ewing Irrigation & Landscape Supply Response

Thank you for your review and for sharing your personal experience. We are pleased that you value our professional development training opportunities.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews