ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews | Glassdoor

ExactTarget Marketing Cloud Reviews

Updated September 22, 2016

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great benefits (free snacks, plenty of vacation time, parental leave, health & dental, etc (in 7 reviews)

• Good pay, great people (smart AND friendly), and the company is going places with Salesforce (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Relentless pace sometimes compromises work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• It's a shame that the orange culture we all loved is going by the wayside (in 11 reviews)

"Great entry level opportunities. Burn and low pay relative to other cities."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved working in teams, great culture and work space.

Cons

Moved to Indy from Ann Arbor. Indy was not too exciting and little other tech employers. My partner and I ended up with great jobs in Chicago with much better pay and benefits.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have a larger Midwest corporate presence in Chicago.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are fantastic. ExactTarget turly hires rock stars and it shows in how successful the firm is. The culture allows people to be flexible with hours.

Cons

For an innovative company, everyone is too concerned about changes. Culture will change and that is ok.

Advice to Management

Quit being so concerned about losing the ExactTarget culture. As a firm grows, culture will change and that is acceptable.

3. "BEST COMPANY EVER!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, people, process and software are all great things this company does WELL.

Cons

I don't have any Cons to report!

5. "ExactTarget really is good to their employees."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is pretty laid back, and most people are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

There are 2 cons in my mind: 1) The reward for good work is more work. 2) They say that they follow agile methodologies, but it is really a crude bastardization of disconnected process.

6. "Best. Job. Ever."

Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just going to come off as a super-fan, and I do know I am still in the "Honeymoon phase", but hard not to when you're treated like a hero from day-one. The first week of training (affectionately known as "NEO") is like a conference/school atmosphere with "speakers" that range from not just HR getting you on-boarded, but experts in the various fields of ET. Everyone is gun-ho about the culture and it really rubs off. Just a spectacular feeling to be wanted, appreciated and trained with such care and concern. It is very obvious there is a specific "type" that is hired and it's great to fit in with lots of like-minded, caring and technically capable and earnest people. LOTS of work to do, but worth working hard at it!

Cons

The merge of Salesforce and ET has made accessing some systems extremely difficult at times with more the one help desk to turn to and a lot of misunderstand of responsibility. Seems like "growing pains" but likely just the timing and will get worked out over time.

Advice to Management

Keep the Orange culture going! It's beyond infectious.

7. "If you like to go fast, ET is the place for you!"

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunities to work with fantastic, fun and caring people. The culture is positive from top down. ET lives their core values where other companies just don't make the investment.

I am challenged EVERY day in my work and it's been a resume building opportunity especially with the integration with salesforce.com. Lot's of job security and crazy benefits. $100 per month for wellness, Massage Mondays, fully stocked kitchens on every floor and lots of other perks other companies just don't offer in the Indy area.

Cons

The pace can be hard to keep up at times. When they say fast paced they mean it! Those who can not change direction quickly will have a hard time.

Advice to Management

Communication and change management has been tough with deeper integration into salesforce.com. Teams are committed to success just need to slow down sometimes to catch up.

8. "There is nothing in the world like ORANGE."

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being pushed to the limits professionally and creatively day in and day out, being surrounded by similar personalities with the ability to constantly collaborate, perks are fantastic too (working from home or the rooftop).

Cons

At it's busiest it's all-consuming but part of that is everyone wants to give 110% of all time because they love not only the company but who the work with. Team's are tight-knit.

Advice to Management

The only advice I'd offer is with the chance for promotion looking into some sort of equity refresh as proven employees grow in position and responsibility.

"Fast growing, looking for innovation, seeing some growing pains"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ExactTarget is a great company with lots of benefits and opportunities to grow your career. You can drive your own career path.

Cons

ExactTarget leads the industry and wants to hold on to that spot. However, as they grow they are falling into the same issues as their competitors: How do we keep the small company appeal with thousands of employees?

They are struggling at the moment. A lot of changes in leadership and new policies put in place that bring down that start up feel.

Advice to Management

Quit enforcing bad policies that only benefit the executive teams. Go back to seeing individual contributors as gold-mines and stop looking at managers as the next wave of innovation. Your people will make you money, not the managers.

10. "Great business and people, prior to acquisition"

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time

Pros

Fine place for a cog in a machine.

Cons

Most of the innovators have left/are leaving post acquisition.

"Best Company I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at ExactTarget Marketing Cloud full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salesforce ExactTarget is amazing. I can definitely see why we are consistently ranked as one of the Top Places to Work. At the end of the day, it's the people of ExactTarget that have made me find this company to be so special. We have created and maintained this internal culture, which we simply define as "Orange." As a result, I have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative, kind, smart, and hardworking people I've ever met. From leadership down, we all try to follow strong ethical values for our customers, for the community, for ourselves.
    One of my favorite things is how they always seem to be giving back. I feel like I'm a valued employee because ExactTarget thanks their employees. Not just verbally, once a year at the holiday party cramped into a break room - but with quantifiable actions, benefits, and rewards.

• Growth opportunities that include yearly reviews with internal promotions encouraged
    • Career development courses, tuition reimbursement (up to $5000/year after 1 year at ET), mentorship opportunities, and a dedicated Talent Management team to support you
    • Networking opportunities (ie ExactWIN - our Women's Inspirational Network, ExactFun - They plan over 40+ social events like going to the Indian's game with the family, drinks and apps at Howl at the Moon, our annual holiday party at Crane Bay etc)
    • Volunteering opportunities encouraged by the company (6 Volunteering Days off/year, ExactImpact and ExactFoundation - organizations that participates in local service and grant opportunities with organizations like Gleaners, Habitat for Humanity, as well as local schools and hospitals.)
    • Reasonable time off. PTO: 15 days Holidays: 13 days
    • Strong benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k
    • Equity for Full Time Hires
    • Wellness Bucks: $100/month for gym memberships, personal trainers, sports lessons, and/or massages
    • Free 24/7 Gym membership, Bikeshare membership, onsite classes with options for yoga classes/cross-fit/kickboxing
    • Cell phone ($150/mo) and internet compensation ($50/mo) at managerial discretion
    • Flex time and telecommuting options
    • Lots of free things: free snacks, free good coffee, free drinks, free "swag- bags, shirts, general stuff", often free leftover catered lunches in the breakrooms and a free mobile app that tells you what we have, occasionally free sporting events (Colts, Pacers) and musical concerts giveaways
    • Casual and open work environment

Cons

You have to be open to change, which can be hard for some. Our environment evolves rapidly and it's not necessarily for the faint of heart. If you are looking to clock in and out, or looking to do the same thing every day, I would not think this would be the ideal environment for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep up the ability for all employees to voice their questions, concerns, and ideas for the company’s future.