Exago Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

5.0
Mike Brody

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to make an impact"

Current Employee - Techie in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Techie in Kingston, NY

I have been working at Exago full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic opportunity to chart your own course while working with a great team. Everyone is encouraged to "be their own CEO." We are all here to support one another, within teams and across the broader organization. No cutthroat internal competition, turf wars or politics here. Just a group of solid, hard-working people out to collectively build something great.

Cons

An environment in which you are expected to chart your own course is not for everybody. With a great deal of autonomy comes a great deal of personal responsibility and self-directedness. Some people do struggle in that kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on.

2. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Marketing in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Shelton, CT

I have been working at Exago full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing people, extremely smart and helpful
    - Teamwork is outstanding
    - The product is very powerful

Cons

- Can't name any at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Oct 10, 2017 – VP Strategy

Thanks for the positive feedback - especially nice to hear about "teamwork being outstanding"

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Exago full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A huge benefit of working at Exago is being able to make decisions that actually effect significant parts of our product.

Cons

Need more staff in certain positions, makes it very hard to get everything done

Advice to Management

More performance reviews would probably be helpful

Oct 10, 2017 – VP Strategy

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are actively looking to fill a number of new positions that we believe will help to address any internal issues that naturally come along with growth... More

4. "A One of a Kind Place To Be"

I have been working at Exago full-time

Pros

I have worked at other companies in various industries and two things they all have in common is a lack of compassion for their employees and a thick web of politics to navigate through. Exago is the opposite of all my previous employeers. It's the people inside it that makes a company and the staff at Exago are nothing short of amazing. The work i do is exciting and motivates me to want to contribute to the vision of the company because company's vision includes me! I feel like i am truly valued as an employee. Thank you for this great opportunity!

Cons

I had to enter at least 5 words...

Advice to Management

Never change!

5. "Support Analyst"

Current Employee - Support Analyst in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Support Analyst in Kingston, NY

I have been working at Exago full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Exago are the employees, the leadership and the product (Exago BI). The employees - my colleagues - welcomed me and quickly demonstrated the corporate culture of helping each other succeed so the company succeeds. The leadership has remained focused on delivering a quality product that meets (exceeds) the needs and expectations of customers. They have evidently been very careful about careful growth of the employee base - seeking out qualified candidates and most recently implementing (in my area) a very effective on boarding process to help new hires become engaged and successful as quickly as possible. Can't praise my colleagues enough. Although I have only been with Exago for just over 2 months - it is clear to me that I am extremely lucky to have landed here.

Cons

None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! None ! Really ! There - that satisfies the 10 word minimum!

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you have been doing - it evidently works! Your attention to and open attitude to issues that are raised by all employees should be an example to management of other companies who are seeking a model to emulate.

May 23, 2017 – CEO

We really appreciate your taking the time to write the review. It's great to read an affirmation of the culture we've tried to create., with an emphasis on the WE:). Everyone one at Exago is... More

6. "Exceptionally awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Kingston, NY

I have been working at Exago full-time

Pros

Extremely healthy work environment. No BS. People are listened to. People have control over their own destiny. Upward mobility is common and upper management responds to feedback. Uniquely great place to work.

Cons

Sometimes things can seem a little disorganized. With everyone running a mile a minute it can hard to keep all of the information flowing as it needs to. But it's really a small issue.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Trust your gut. Keep us moving in the right direction.

Feb 7, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We like to think of it as 'creative disorganization':). I do understand your comment and we'll keep it in mind but we're in a dynamic BI market space and... More

7. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

I have been working at Exago full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company, friendly team members.

Cons

I have only good things to say.

Advice to Management

Doing an excellent job!

8. "Terrific Place to Work"

Pros

This 10 year old company still has an exciting start up feel. The product is always growing in the right direction which creates opportunities for it's employees.

Cons

I have nothing but good things to say about Exago

Jan 23, 2017 – VP Strategy

Thanks for the positive review! As we continue to grow keeping that start up mentality is very important and part of the culture.

9. "Happy To Be Here!"

I have been working at Exago (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee effort is recognized and rewarded by management and co-workers. Employees are encouraged to think independently and share ideas. Regular company meetings bring the employees from both locations together to get to know each other resulting in a better working relationship.

Cons

None that I have seen

Advice to Management

Take the time to hire the right people as we grow.

Jan 19, 2017 – VP Strategy

Thank you very much for your feedback and advice. As we continue to grow hiring the right people who want to think and act like entrepreneurs will remain a top priority.

10. "Entrepreneurial Environment"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kingston, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kingston, NY

I have been working at Exago full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exago tries to hire people who are going to work hard, smart, and be creative without having to be told what to do every step of the way. If you are a self-motivating person, this environment tends to work very well—you'll be given direction for the problems that need to be solved but allowed (and encouraged) to come up with your own solutions and add to the process.
    As an engineer, you'll own a project from design through testing, then see customers using it within a few months. As one person you are directly creating features that are used by tens of thousands of people—pretty cool.
    Some of us work above and beyond the normal office hours sometimes but this is almost always self-motivated because of personal interest in a given project. Management personally appreciates work-life balance and this is related to staff through informal and flexible (take-it-when-you-need-it) vacation/time-off policies.

Cons

We all wear a lot of different hats, and sometimes that can cause you to be pulled in several different directions at once. But that is expected at a small (growing) company and it's all about learning how to prioritize and manage time which are good skills to learn in and of themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees and encouraging open communication....this is great.