ExamSoft Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Sebastian Vos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Team Environment through and through"

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work here are all very passionate about their jobs, and it really shows. With the open concept offices it's easy to talk to people outside of your department if you want to, and the company plans fun quarterly events for employees and their families as well as little fun in-office activities each month. They're working very hard to keep people happy and engaged.

Cons

There has been recent change in management, which makes people nervous, but it really has had a positive impact-- more open communication and a concerted effort to work with people's strengths.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible and keep finding ways to show the employees you trust them.

2. "Software Support Specialist"

Former Employee - Software Support Specialist in Delray Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Software Support Specialist in Delray Beach, FL

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is great! They are always trying to make things more efficient. I used to think of them as "Mini Google".

Cons

They only want to make things more efficient by their terms and it always backfires and ends up being less efficient at the given task because they didnt want to listen to the bottom line workers that deal with the stuff on a daily basis and knows 100% how to improve workflow. The company is great, but they need to change their horrible management. Just put a smile on your face, shut up, and do your work. They do have very high expectations of you that can become very unrealistic, such as taking a call and several chats simultaneously while documenting the call, which can be difficult if the person is speaking very fast and there are a lot of distractions around you, and dont forget, you can't go longer than 1 minute without responding to the people in chat. No wonder everyone there is addicted to coffee, because they are mentally abused!

Advice to Management

Know all of your own policies first and stop being hypocrites. It's also proven that when you get in the mindset of a certain task, you are way more efficient at completing that task and then moving on to and finishing the next task than struggling to do them both at the same time.

"Get experience and LEAVE For something better!"

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- decent pay
    - benefits
    - quarterly events

Cons

- micromanaged
    - management isn't transparent
    - A lot of politics
    - you are unappreciated for the majority of your time here
    - no place for growth UNLESS you kiss butt.

Advice to Management

Everything mentioned in cons section fix.

4. "Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - QA Support Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - QA Support Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent work environment
    Lunch and Learns were nice
    Most people were friendly and easy to get along with

Cons

The QA support team basically has to do all the work while the higher levels just get to chat with the clients. If a real problem ever comes up during their talks with a client it is routed to the support team where we then would have to essentially learn the account managers job during the support call. If we were ever not on a support call or answering a support email, we were also expected to perform quality assurance tests on the software and provide bug reports to the developers... whom of course never listened to us. This was all expected of us at just above minimum wage, while the account managers actually got full time salaries and had plenty of down time to play ping-pong in the break room while we toiled away at support calls with their clients.

Advice to Management

Treat your support staff better as they keep your customers happy and your software functioning properly.

"People answering the phones are 100x smarter than "management""

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A bunch of intelligent, hard working people that could really elevate the company's morale if a select few listened more.

Cons

Sexism, favoritism, lack of goals, backstabbing...need I say more?

IF YOU HAVE ANY SELF OF SELF-WORTH, STEER CLEAR OF THIS HELL HOLE. I'M ONLY HERE UNTIL I FIND A REAL JOB .

Advice to Management

Everyone hears the cackling of 3 or 4 "managers" while the real work gets done. Do some work and motivate others.

6. "Challenging, fun culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Everyone who works here is very intelligent and passionate about the product we sell. As a current employee, I feel very invested in and I know my management cares about my professional growth. The atmosphere is fun and lighthearted and I love the dynamic of my team. They've got a ping pong table, free drinks and snacks and a quality healthcare program!

Cons

There are two offices and its easy to feel disconnected with people who work in the other office.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide strong, clear paths of growth for your employees

"Software Support not treated as good as other positions"

Former Employee - Software Support in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Software Support in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full Benefits
    $16.70 an hour
    Company events quarterly
    10 Paid days a year
    6 holidays paid a year
    Computer provided by company

Cons

Micromanaged
    Chained to your desk all day
    Boring with the same issues over and over again
    Overworked and unappreciated by management
    Little opportunity for advancement
    Doesn't promote within

Advice to Management

Treat software support as nice as you treat account managers. We get yelled at for problems we didn't cause all day by exam takers. We are asked to handle multiple issues at once such a a call and 3 chats at the same time. Also we are getting micromanaged all day. Stop playing favorites as well.

ExamSoft Worldwide Response

May 31, 2016 – Talent Manager

Small correction to the Pros section: New employees receive 16 days of Time Off (this is paid and can be used however). ExamSoft also has 10 paid holidays each year.

Cons- ExamSoft does promote... More

8. "Dynamic place...good for heads up smart people"

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Examsoft for 4 years. the culture is definitely one where talent can flourish and grow. The company almost tripled in size when I was there so it certainly is a high growth environment. So many great people have joined that are scary smart and passionate. If I didn't relocated, I'd still be there.

Cons

High growth tech companies are not for everyone. If you like calm steady cultures where you know exactly what to expect your day to look like in a month, it may be a little stressful for you.

Advice to Management

Keep your doors open and keep trusting your team. We are young and want opptys.

9. "Strong Potential for Company with Great People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company; Many ways to get involved; Great people; Strong product potential; Opportunity is there, but you have to take it yourself--it will not be given to you.

Cons

Small company; Lots of transitional uncertainty; Organizational structure and definition of authority needs better definition; Still needs to mature

Advice to Management

Use the skills and abilities of people you hire. When people ask for challenge, please present it to them; otherwise, you risk losing them.

"ExamSoft: The best company to work for"

I have been working at ExamSoft Worldwide full-time

Pros

Team building, growth opportunity, excellent leadership
    I constantly see people getting promoted and given additional responsibilities. Many well deserving individuals get promoted before reaching 1 year of employment. ExamSoft values their employees and recognizes their hard work. The leadership is also outstanding. There wouldn't be any growth opportunity without the proper leadership and execution of top management directives.

Cons

You really have to be fishing for things to complain about. I am absolutely happy and proud to represent such a great and growing company.

Advice to Management

Constant improvement is advise I give to anyone I know. Looking forward to 2015!