ExamWorks Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
ExamWorks CEO and Director James K. (Jim) Price
James K. (Jim) Price

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, Management very supportive, very knowledgeable, always there to help when needed, new management, seems to promote some form within (in 8 reviews)

• There is a good work life balance (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Disorganized and poor upper management makes it impossible for local management to do a good job (in 6 reviews)

• They don't pay you what your skill set is worth and employees in jobs that require little to no skill will get paid well above your pay rate (in 3 reviews)

1. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice work area even though downright cold at times. The data checking is very detailed and doable if you had a reasonable standard of performance.

Cons

Three days of training for detailed work. 10 weeks to obtain 99.3 % goal of 150 images per hour with 8 or less errors. Infraction paperwork begins at week 4. 8 infraction reports you are let go due to poor performance. There is no additional training or focused training to help you get to required standard. Two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minute break which you sign in and out for is reasonable. Signing out for bathroom and getting water as an unscheduled break is not reasonable.

Advice to Management

If you want your workforce to be top notch then invest quality training for them. Supervisors have no training or education on managing people. My supervisor actually be lives that a negative occurance report is motivational tool to improve but then refused to give me a copy so I could look at it and learn from my mistakes. Next time I will refuse to sign it. When I asked for additional training I was told to slow down and pay attention.

2. "ExamWorks Clinical Solutions"

I worked at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

The only good thing that came out from this company was the friendships I made here when I left.

Cons

-No culture and morale is low.
    -Chump change pay increases. The most pay increase you get is 2% a year.
    -Treated like a number. You work hard for month end to make sure the company gets every cent.
    -No recognition or incentives
    -Mandatory overtime even if you have plans on the weekends

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If there is a high turn-over rate, it's one or two things: management and lack of benefits for the employees. Do something about it!!

"Terrible Management"

I worked at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

Honestly, there are none. Employees in certain departments were given the opportunity to work from home for several years, until new management stepped in and required all employees to return to the office. Working from home was a perk, but since that was taken away, there isn't anything good left.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from management regarding time management and production. Constantly being micro-managed. Excessive mandatory overtime. Extremely little to no training, yet repercussions from management when something isn't done correctly. When you explain to management that you weren't trained on that yet, they still write you up.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees; so many of them are unhappy but are too scared to speak up. Get one on one with them and find out what their concerns are and try to make the office a better place.

"AP Clerk"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ExamWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The IT side is so much, like a family.

Cons

The accounting side is like the pits of hell. You arent allowed to talk to other coworkers, micromanaged with ruber gloves and a fine tooth comb. Border line racist as there are no people of color in managment. For supervisors to be so anal and they dont have a clue of how to do their own job. I am so glad that I got out when I did. I read the reviews before I accepted the job and said.. it cant be that bad, they are just disgruntled employees. I WAS WRONG. IT IS THAT BAD AND MORE. STAY AWAY!!

Advice to Management

Please find better people to place in management roles that are beneficial to the growth of your company and not because they are your friends.

5. "Administrative"

I worked at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

Used to me a nice group of people.

Cons

Disorganized and poor upper management makes it impossible for local management to do a good job.

Advice to Management

Recently fused with another local company IMO. The CEO from IMO came over and took an already disorganized mess and manage to entirely turn it into a nightmare. He has no idea what he is doing. His communication is nearly zilch. He laid off a load of GREAT people, hired cute temp girls. Doctors are angry. Staff is angry. CLIENTS are fuming. People jumping ship. It's very sad. He is arrogant and out of touch with staff and needs of the business.

6. "Reports Administrator"

I worked at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

If you like an up and coming organization and don't mind constant growing pains...then this company is for you.

Cons

No work life balance whatsoever. Management is clueless because the are trying to grow so fast. They don't care about their people in the least.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Time, training, trust...lack of this shows in the work product and you have lost many clients because of it.

"Experienced an Insecure Trainer"

I worked at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

Colleague referred me. My colleague was very informative and felt it was going to be a nice fit. She was actually doing well with this company....well until they had some supervisor changes.

Cons

Had a Crazy trainer! Seemed nice until she learned of my education status and years of experience as an RN in critical field. Which was more than hers. The rest of the day all she talked about was going back to school and herself...guess class was over. Then found out I wouldn't fit in b/c of my education and returning back to school to complete my degree. Seems like a company would want retention of qualified employees.

Advice to Management

Find people to train your nurses who have been nurses themselves for over 5 years and have been with your company for over 2-3 years, with previous management or leadership/charge experience> I was learning more from the other person who was in class with me.....she had over 20 years experience in field nursing and over 30 years as a nurse. Hmmmmm

"Medical Records Reviwer"

Former Employee - Medical Records Reviewer in Roseland, NJ
    Former Employee - Medical Records Reviewer in Roseland, NJ

I worked at ExamWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked break room with as much as you like coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.

Meet a few great people who I will keep as friends for life.

Cons

Micromanaging is common practice. They don't pay you what your skill set is worth and employees in jobs that require little to no skill will get paid well above your pay rate. If you "complain" or ask something then instead of answering you directly you get an office wide email. Upper management sucks especially a certain male VP....he says the rudest most chauvinistic things to female employees of color but those who are white are joked with and a clear rapport is seen. If you accur an injury on the job i.e back complaints from sitting ALL DAY it's ignored. An employee ran her travel cart into a copy machine that was already damged and was told she had to pay for a entirely new machine. If you know your worth and want to keep your sanity. Stay away

Advice to Management

Pay your employess what they are worth.
    Don't pit employees against one another because while the animosity and tension is here in New Jersey...HR in Atlanta is stirring pots they know nothing about.
    Get some sort of air filtering system in...we basically sit on top of one another and when one person is sick it exposes others to illness.....gross.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Pros

The hours are good. There is food near by.

Cons

No one talks in the office. Work isn't that challenging. There is favoritism

Advice to Management

Be nicer to your employees

10. "entry level"

Pros

sometimes able to work from home, decent coworkers

Cons

extremely low paying, no room for advancement