Excelacom Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Excelacom CEO Majid Naderkhani
Majid Naderkhani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great opportunities for consultants"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time

Pros

Manager level staff have great responsibilities. They are expected to generate new business and maintain client relationships. Compared to larger consulting companies, much more opportunity to move up as a Manager.

Cons

Some staff without consulting experience do not always grasp the expectations of consulting.

Advice to Management

Focus future experienced hiring on people with consulting experience so they can help mentor junior staff who may not be aware of what it's like to work in consulting.

"Choose Another Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well; mainly because there is no compensation plan, career path or reasonable pay scale in place. Health Insurance options are decent, but expensive.

Cons

Employees are undervalued and overworked. There is no appreciation from management, company culture is a joke and employee morale is extremely low. The most unorganized consulting company ive worked for. No additional benefit perks outside of typical health insurance and NO 401K MATCH.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating employees and most importantly, train the managers. Provide them with leadership and coaching courses (outside of online videos and info sessions) that can grow their management skills to positively impact the rest of the company

3. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Phila, PA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are incredible. Everyone is intelligent, helpful, and genuine. HR is friendly and management is supportive. If you like learning and learning quickly, I would recommend giving Excelacom a shot.

Cons

Management is often spread then, and assets on the bench can be underutilized. If you're looking to travel frequently, this may not be the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

Develop more defined career paths and pursue opportunities outside of telecom to help keep top talent.

"Biggest Mistake I Ever Made"

I worked at Excelacom full-time

Pros

You'll get paid to do nothing but show up for work.

Cons

No 401k match, no opportunities for advancement and no incoming work. All of the managers are former colleagues of the CEO from before he started the company, meaning they don't care about the company's success or their direct reports. I didn't work here long but I had no legitimate work to do while I was there. If other employees are underperforming, you'll likely be asked to help them complete their project and work longer hours and weekends with no incentive but to keep your job. Almost all of the employees were hired fresh out of college, going to show you that no one sticks around for longer than a year. I felt like every week someone else was resigning, and apparently that's still going on months after I left.

Advice to Management

Stop recruiting people fresh out of college and give your current employees an incentive to stay. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket and start looking for new clients. If you haven’t figured that out yet, you’ll end up laying off more than half the company within the next year.

5. "Good Company to get a start after college"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Excelacom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

1. Does not have 401K Matching.
    2. Low salary compared to other companies in the industry

"Technical Consultant"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Excelacom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good health care, has 401 k plan,

Cons

I can't think of any

"Good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Excelacom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Real small company feel, everyone knows everyone, people are very friendly, most of the customers have been around for a while so they know management, which is good. Great place to network since you meet so many people from different companies.

Cons

Work life balance isn't the best. It 's a consulting group, so long/odd hours are to be expected, but the company directive doesn't offer comp time, is stingy with work from home situations makes maternity leave difficult. If you're lucky and you get a good manager and a good account, that's great. But there's only so many of them. And a lot of the positions are more staff aug than they are consulting, which makes job descriptions a misleading. And zero transparency from management, unless you're in the "boys club" and a manager gets chatty.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know where/how you're planning to move forward. Stop hiring fresh grads and focus on making the people you do have better at what they do. Get rid of managers whose direct reports have high turnovers. Have a comp time plan when people are working 60 hour weeks to meet unrealistic timelines promised by upper management to customers

"Excelacom: Constructive Criticism"

Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - IT Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at Excelacom full-time

Pros

Wonderful, intelligent people. The people I worked with on a daily basis whether it was our Offshore Team or co-workers were very experienced. They have advanced degrees.
    Great insurance benefits- better then the average company would offer their employees
    Lots of traveling if on a project in Philly, Texas, or Denver so one can explore new cities

Cons

I got paid to do very little work. I asked for work constantly and emailed my boss for things to do.
    All the Lynda training I was asked to do didn't pay off because I wasn't able to put to practice any of the new skills that I learned- my skill-set never grew.
    No 401(k) matching- for an established consulting firm, that's unheard of.
    20 people leave in less then 6 months and no one questions Recruiting or HR nor is there communication to their employees about this.
    Some of the managers play favorites and as a result the employee gets promoted and a raise.

Advice to Management

I want Excelacom to succeed, but the Execs need to take an inward look on the company.

"Failing Company"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Excelacom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lower level employees are very forthcoming and transparent in the fact that they know this company is a sinking ship.

Cons

No 401K match. Huge disparities in compensation. Horrific Paid Time off policy. Excelacom's product is so horrendous to a point where people around the office joke about it. Upper level mgmt is stubborn and is petrified of change. Excelacom is BLEEDING MONEY. Went from 30 college hires to ZERO this year. Just laid off 5 employees...the first time in the companies history. Not to mention that the HR Director just resigned. Employees are leaving left and right. The lack of retention is so troubling that one employee went as far as keeping a list of people that resigned, as there are so many he couldn't keep track.

Advice to Management

Let HR actually do their job, instead of undermining them at every opportunity. The CFO of the company should not be in charge of recruiting. Just ask yourself why so many people are leaving.

10. "business analyst"

Pros

- extremely friendly HR team
    - fun, energetic co-workers

Cons

- lower than the national average salary
    - no training program
    - lack of support from the upper management