Excelacom Employee Reviews about "opportunity to learn"

Updated Aug 11, 2019

3.1
Excelacom CEO Majid Naderkhani
Majid Naderkhani
Pros
  • "It a great place to learn new techniques and gain much knowledge about the company and its concept(in 6 reviews)

• "Opportunity to learn many skills (depending on role)(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No additional benefit perks outside of typical health insurance and NO 401K MATCH(in 11 reviews)

• "No 401k match, no opportunities for advancement and no incoming work(in 10 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "opportunity to learn"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Professional Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time

Pros

Since beginning my time at Excelacom I have been given opportunities to learn and grow in my field like no where else. The managers are extremely helpful when assistance is needed and co-workers are always willing to take time out of their day to help you in anything you could need. The personalities at Excelacom are very diverse which creates a great melting pot of thoughts and methodologies. I have had a few difficult times in my personal life but whenever I needed to take off to deal with something the company was very supportive allowing me to make up hours, or work offsite. I would recommend this company to anyone who doesn't mind working hard and learning a lot in an extremely professional and personally satisfying environment.

Cons

The pace at this company is extremely fast and demanding. Almost all of the employees are very fast on their feet and highly adaptable. This is certainly not a typical 9-5 type job, the work sometimes demands 45-50 hour weeks which can be taxing if you are not sold on the work you are doing. The fast pace and ever growing nature of the company demands a certain type of personality that is self-driven, and determined to produce a perfect product for their clients.

Excelacom Response

April 14, 2015HRD

Thank you for your feedback! I am thrilled to hear that our work environment is one of collaboration and support for you! We endeavor to make Excelacom a place where team members feel supported in all areas - personal and professional- and want to bring their best to work every day. Yes, you are correct. Excelacom is fast paced and demanding at times. We do hope however, that you, and all of our team members take the time and opportunity to rest and recharge when times are slower. Work-life balance is key! Nonetheless, thank you for your hard work! JSmith HRD

2. "Expectations in Consulting is very high, but if you are quick on your feet & work hard this company will reward you."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at Excelacom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small group of very fun and friendly professionals. Opportunity to learn a lot from a broad range of subjects. Opportunity to identify an area you like and develop it. Best Christmas party imaginable (every other year). Opportunity to travel.

Cons

Expectations are high. You must work extremely hard and please the client well in order to be recognized. Not as many classes for developing consultants. Broken English is common around the office. Need more team building excercises.

Continue reading

3. "Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Program Analyst in Chennai

I have been working at Excelacom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Got opportunity to learn new technologies at work. Good place for freshers and as well experienced person. Work life balance. Appreciation for hard work.

Cons

No work from home option.

"Full timer for 3 years"

4.0

I worked at Excelacom full-time

Pros

Good company for freshers. Lot of opportunities to learn.

Cons

Lots of politics as well. Biased performance appraisal. No proper appraisal process in place. No proper work life balance

Continue reading
  5. "Lots of opportunity to learn, but little guidance and poor work/life balance"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I worked at Excelacom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity for important role and high responsibility from entry level Opportunity to learn many skills (depending on role) Opportunity for good client-facing consulting experience

Cons

*Doesn't compete with other consulting firms in experience or compensation* Lacking guidance from management, particularly day-to-day Work/Life balance is not a priority, especially for entry level but also mid-level Company culture lacking, with the exception of some nice parties

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.