KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Part of CompuCom
Engaged Employer

Excell

Add a Review

Excell Employee Reviews about "excell"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 21 of over 144 reviews

3.7
Excell CEO Mick Slattery (no image)
Mick Slattery

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Flexible, some training can be reimbursed, 401k(in 3 reviews)
  • "People I work with are good people overall(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Excell and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "excell"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

good

Oct 5, 2020 - Technician in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

eXcell has been staffing IT professionals at the top Fortune 100 companies

Cons

at the top Fortune 100 companies

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Run, and don't look back

Nov 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

you get a pay check

Cons

You will be under paid, under appreciated, and you will over pay for benefits. A point of reference, the 2022 benefits package paperwork was sent out recently and many of us received the paperwork of what a CompuCom direct hire would be paying as well as what we as Excell employees are paying. Every single health option we had (we had two fewer options than CompuCom) has us paying at least double for the exact same health coverage. At best you get lip service from management but nothing ever changes for the better, but we have seen things get worse

3. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Excell is a great company and very responsive

Aug 25, 2020 - Misc in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked Excell and the people were great. They were always able to help with questions.

Cons

Low pay. Probably not excell’s fault but client site required so much last minute overtime at off peak hours. Waking up at 3am for a Sunday project and then sit on a Spanish call. Hardly make money on the ‘overtime’ projects and then you have spent your entire weekend getting ready for the project and recovering from unhealthy on call work. Everything was outsourced to Mexico and poor unethical managers at client site. Client employees were great but managers do not like hard working honest people. Beware

4. 4.0

Excell-Compucom

Feb 21, 2021 - Senior Technical Support Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Recruiters work quickly to get you on assignment with reputable companies. My last couple of assignments were remote.

Cons

Salary is stagnant, Excell project managers sometimes hard to reach. No opportunities to get on full time with the client.

5. 3.0
    Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Plenty of options to choose from including PTO, healthcare, sick days, 401K.

May 26, 2021 - Network Support Engineer in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They provide plenty of administrative support for HR-related issues. A large library of CBT.

Cons

Growth, advancement, and pay increases are not part of the discussion. Excell will not proactively offer these items.

6. 4.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

One of the better contracting companies

Nov 30, 2020 - User Experience Researcher in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was a contract UX Researcher at Microsoft through eXcell/CompuCom. - Comprehensive benefits, including ones that many companies don't have for contractors (health, vision, dental, 401k with employer match, HSA with employer match, PTO, holiday pay, bereavement leave, $500 education allowance, transportation). - Decent pay for UX researchers just starting out. Not sure about more senior roles. - Good communication.

Cons

- Healthcare is expensive. - The administrative side is really annoying (e.g. onboarding, frequent password resets, etc.). - No sick leave.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good people and place to work

May 13, 2020 - Technical Support in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ready to help and work for you

Cons

Not a issue with Excell but higher up with parent company.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great People, Great Service Great Exeperience

Jan 30, 2020 - Business Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

Excell or Compucom mad it confusing sometimes

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Excellent technical contract agency near Seattle

Jun 24, 2008 - SDE II in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excell has to be one of the best contract agencies to work with in the Seattle area. The company provides you with an HR rep, and most of them are very responsive and really get to know your needs as an employee. Their recruiters are also much better (admittedly, your mileage may vary) than other I've worked with in the past - much more able to match your needs and desires to a position that also matches your skillset. Other contract agencies I've worked for seem to try to place you, regardless of fit, simply to make their contingency. They give you an "a la carte" benefit plan and pay based on a sliding scale for the benefits you take. Since their medical/dental benefits are average, I stuck with my wife's plan and it increased my hourly base substantially. Overall, if you're going to contract, this is the agency to do it with.

Cons

They fill a lot of positions at Microsoft. Almost to the exclusion of all others. That's only a downside if you'd rather not work there or if you need, or want, employment during that mandatory MS 100 day break each year. The benefits are pretty average, as agency benefits go - don't know if that's an upside or a downside. Their HR site (viewing payroll, time-off, etc) could use help... it's in, like, 4 different pieces, and you have to log in to each separately - more of a minor annoyance than anything.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Does right by their people, which I can't say for more prestigous agencies

Jul 26, 2019 - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked with some of the most prestigious and well regarded agencies in the Seattle area, as well as some of the dodgiest staffing companies. For the most part, they're all the same in that they treat their consulting resources like commodities, not people. My experience at Excell has been very different. They're kind, interested and considerate people who generally want their staff to have a good experience. They're transparent about everything, and they make the effort time and time again to look after you. It's a bit surreal, but this is one of two firms that has never done me dirty (the other being Spherion, also a staffing firm; wild!). If you value being treated like a person, you should consider picking up your next contract role through Excell.

Cons

The benefits are not good. They're administered through Meritas, who are super shady. As Excell is a subsidiary of CompuCom, I'm not sure how much influence they have over this. Also, they migrated to O365 earlier this year, and their systems could really do with an operational streamlining; different passwords for different portals, information is all over the place and difficult to locate. That said, reaching out to your AM will generally get you quick, clear answers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews