Excellus BlueCross BlueShield Employee Reviews about "great benefits"
79% would recommend to a friend
(43 total reviews)
David H. Klein
84% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Unethical and dishonest management, do not uphold HIPAA privacy laws, HRG biased and unwilling to assist with HR related duties" (in 14 reviews)
- "Low end salary Can’t work out of state" (in 10 reviews)
- "Parking is expensive and the waiting list for reduced cost monthly parking is 6" (in 9 reviews)
- "My theory is that those who stay gravitate to the good managers, leaving the worst positions to be filled by outside hires." (in 5 reviews)
- "No flexibility and hard to get a raise" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Excellus BlueCross BlueShield and is not affected by filters.
Found 43 of over 380 reviews
Updated Nov 19, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "great benefits"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Sep 15, 2017Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsUtica, NY
Benefits are great but their attendance policy is very strict and hard to comply with if you have children or anything that would cause more than 3 'occurrences' in one year. This includes illness, 3 minutes tardy from the snow or you are at work and have to leave because your kid fell off the playground at school and broke his arm. Those were my 3 occurances that resulted in a write up!
Attendance policy, job never feels secure and in fact is not. If they want you gone they will find a way to performance you out3
- 2.0Oct 27, 2014SupportFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsRochester, NY
The benefits are great. The people are great. The company wants to be great.
Middle Management misses the mark every time. they might get the memos, but they aren't reading them.
- 4.0Dec 23, 2021Customer AdvocacyCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsRochester, NY
Flexible scheduling Great benefits and lots of Opportunities
Short staffed Could use better management communication
- 4.0Jul 22, 2013Program ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsRochester, NY
Great health benefits. Nice to have a gym at work. Conveniently located downtown. Senior leadership seems to want to continue to improve things. Interesting & challenging time to be in the health insurance business. Excellus is very inclusive & accepting of people from a variety of backgrounds, which I really like.
Work-life balance isn't always what it should be. Stiff corporate culture sometimes. Parking is a pain & pretty expensive. Sometimes coworkers & management make work more complicated than it should be. IT resources could be improved. Work could be made more "fun" (as silly as it might sound). I'd love to have a daycare in the building or shared with the B&L building across the street. here are so many women who work here, not to mention folks with children, it would be a huge incentive & help. I'd also love to see more women in senior leadership roles.2
- 4.0Apr 3, 2023Computer Systems AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Work from home is great Not hard to find like-minded coworkers Pay is good for upstate NY Benefits are great
Healthcare in general is very chaotic (state and federal mandates always changing, vendors and price wars, etc etc) Company feels on the older side ....many people set in their ways (including new management hires who want to instill their way of doing things....even if those ways are coming from failed local companies)1
- 4.0Apr 6, 2016Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSyracuse, NY
Good people, flexibility and work environment. Benefits are great as well. Good work/life balance. Company embraces and drives positive work culture.
Company could be more innovative at times. Finance sometimes too involved with product development. Limited opportunities for advancement. Sometimes culture feels forced.
- 4.0Sep 25, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
This place has great benefits (obviously) and it's nice working for a large company since there are many resources available. Management is personable and accessible.
Still stuck in the stone age when it comes to technology and they make you pay for parking which sucks.