- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Albany, NY
- - Troy, NY
- - Tennessee
- - Nashville, TN Area
- - Murfreesboro, TN
- - Arizona
- - Phoenix, AZ Area
- - Tempe, AZ
- - Florida
- - Tampa, FL Area
- - Tampa, FL
- - Jacksonville, FL Area
- - Jacksonville, FL
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 103 of over 107 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Got a burning question about Excelsior College? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Excelsior College employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The benefits are great." (in 16 reviews)
- "You get to work with really great people in a community" (in 8 reviews)
- "Rank and file staff is committed, collaborative, welcoming" (in 4 reviews)
- "Many of the staff are dedicated to the mission of the college and hard" (in 3 reviews)
- "The courses are canned but mostly well" (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 20, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The President and Provost have a strong vision for the future. The benefits are great. Incredible work/life balance. New leadership has a strong focus on students and how they can be successful. Lots of caring employees. Hybrid work.
Some processes are hard to change and there is a lot of red tape. Not enough remote positions.
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Dec 22, 2022 - Admissions Counselor in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good coworkers Punch in punch out mentality for lower levels is fine Lower stress at lower levels
Huge caseloads Hundreds to thousands of students per counselor Management comes and goes Frequent layoffsContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Nov 4, 2022 - Faculty MemberRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There are many people who have dedicated decades of their lives to serving Excelsior students. The employees here are fantastic - dedicated, compassionate, caring.
Upper leadership has not taken the time to first learn about Excelsior's student population, faculty, or staff before making top-down decrees.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 2, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Wonderful mission and lots of staff who feel strongly about fulfilling a true need.
None. I enjoy working here.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 26, 2022 - Admissions CounselorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Decent benefits and PTO, partially remote.
Only partially remote, which is weird for an online school. Lots of toxic positivity in management culture.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 10, 2022 - Academic CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great coworkers. I've had good managers. Decent benefits.
I'm constantly worried if I will have a job. I haven't had merit raise in several years. A few COLA. But increase in pay is not guaranteed each year.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jul 29, 2022 - Faculty Services CoordinatorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I can say Excelsior is exceedingly do well and a wonderful organization to work for as the atmosphere is family oriented.
I have no cons. I'm just looking for a change.
- Current Employee★★★★★Oct 14, 2022 - Community Partnership SpecialistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great time off and benefits
Not a lot of raises
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Jun 20, 2022 - Executive Director in Albany, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Collaboration on important work. You can really make a difference. Great benefits. WFH and not miss a beat.
Regulated industry. Sometimes too conservative.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 2, 2022 - Adjunct ProfessorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Just a great place to work!!
I have nothing negative to say.Continue reading
Excelsior College Reviews FAQs
Excelsior College has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 107 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Excelsior College to a friend and 41% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.
48% of Excelsior College employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Excelsior College 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.