- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - Albany, NY Area
- - Albany, NY
- - Troy, NY
- - Tennessee
- - Nashville, TN Area
- - Murfreesboro, TN
- - Arizona
- - Phoenix, AZ Area
- - Tempe, AZ
- - Florida
- - Tampa, FL Area
- - Tampa, FL
- - Jacksonville, FL Area
- - Jacksonville, FL
- - Illinois
- - Chicago, IL Area
- - Chicago, IL
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
Found 6 of over 107 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Got a burning question about Excelsior College? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Excelsior College employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "The benefits are great." (in 15 reviews)
- "You get to work with really great people in a community" (in 9 reviews)
- "Many of the staff are dedicated to the mission of the college and hard" (in 4 reviews)
- "Rank and file staff is committed, collaborative, welcoming" (in 4 reviews)
- "The courses are canned but mostly well" (in 3 reviews)
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 20, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The President and Provost have a strong vision for the future. The benefits are great. Incredible work/life balance. New leadership has a strong focus on students and how they can be successful. Lots of caring employees. Hybrid work.
Some processes are hard to change and there is a lot of red tape. Not enough remote positions.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★May 2, 2019 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excelsior College is a great place to work. All of the staff are passionate about the college's mission and providing the best service to students. Additional pros include the company culture. There is not only a huge emphasis on work life balance, but it truly is a family atmosphere. All of executive leadership also encourages staff to feel free to contact them directly at any time. The President even has monthly college wide meetings where staff can attend he will speak freely about anything. The college also does a lot of nice things for employees such as college wide parties, employee recognition awards, ice cream socials, and more. This makes me feel valued and appreciated as an employee!
I do not believe there are any cons for working at EC. Parking is even free!
- Current Employee, more than 10 years★★★★★Aug 16, 2019 - Transcript AnalysisRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
People, benefits, mission, work/life balance.
Pay, no ability to grow, uncertainty.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 28, 2021 - Marketing ManagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work life balance, team work, nice location
Low salary, low career growth
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Oct 18, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
work life balance is good
took vacation time away from staff, new exec placements are questionableContinue reading
Excelsior is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community where all staff and faculty members feel welcomed and valued. We take this allegation seriously and will take the appropriate measures to investigate this claim to the extent possible with the limited information we’ve been provided. We also encourage you to speak directly with our VP of Human Resources or report your complaint anonymously via our independent reporting service, Ethicspoint. We expect management to uphold the College’s Dress (Appearance) Code as outlined with an emphasis on inclusivity and diversity: “Employees are expected to dress in a manner that is acceptable in a professional setting.” -Mike Lesczinski, Chief Communications Officer
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★May 26, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Work and Life balance is good.
Going through a lot of changes now. Low morale.