Exceptional Software Strategies Reviews

Updated Mar 18, 2020

4.1
Exceptional Software Strategies President Paul J Stasko (no image)
Paul J Stasko

"Wouldn't want to work anywhere else"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been a part of The Exceptional Software Strategies family for over 8 years. I have worked for both large and small companies prior to this one, and I don’t plan to ever need to go to another company at this point. Straight out, ESS takes care of their people. We are one of the few companies that has a “bench” which is a great feeling of security if your contract ends. They give monthly utilization bonuses as well as a monetarily rewarded Employee Of The Month program. I personally know of multiple situations where the CEO helped employees with issues outside of the company purview. Sometimes using his own time and resources.

Cons

There was a bit of a rough spot where we were bumping heads with recruiting, and it was causing bad feelings even within the company, but thankfully, ESS hired a professional recruiting company and we can already see the fruition.

2. "Do Not Apply Here!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Fort George G Meade, MD

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are really not any pros at this company. Most everything is a false promise.

Cons

Between the CEO, CFO, and BD staff you will get nothing but lies. Jonathan and Paul will screw you out of a paycheck. They do not pay on time or pay for travel on time.

Continue reading

3. "Employee focused company"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

ESS looks out for its employees, from providing some of the best health insurance of similar companies to being committed to retaining employees through career advancement programs and keeping people "on the bench" between contracts. If you are looking for a place to put down some roots and make a career, this is it.

Cons

Overall communication can be improved. They do have a Section Manager structure for the "care and feeding" of employees that does pretty well in communicating out to the employees, but there is always room for improvement.

4. "Worth Staying"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Linthicum Heights, MD

Pros

Exceptional is a company that cares for the people. Not as employees but as family. Even when a contract ends, ESS works diligently to find another position to fit your skill set no matter how long it takes. I never fear sitting on the bench because I know eventually a job will come through. ESS takes care of their family.

Cons

So many exciting projects going on, I can't work them all!

5. "Small, but not too small"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I enjoy working for my immediate supervisor. I truly believe this person has my best interest at heart and wants to see me succeed. I feel like a valued member of the team with valued input. The upper management is accessible to me, although, I have not had a need to do so. The Company Culture is one of a company which is small enough to still care about the individual, but large enough to absorb the periods between contracts to a large extent. Another aspect I really enjoy is the implementation of the Monthly Utilization Bonus: if you meet all your hours, you get a small monetary “thank you” each month. All in all, a company I would recommend to someone.

Cons

Information needs to be disseminated more effectively. Important information can, at times, be slow to be perpetuated on down. I believe upper management feels they are protecting us, but this can have the opposite effect: the absence of information can lead people to speculate the “worst case scenario”. Conversely, events which have yet to materialize, should be released more conservatively: people tend to become desensitized.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Phenomenal company to work for with great benefits but above all, they care. They strive in motivating and growing their employees. I have been with them for 4 yrs now and am happy where I am. They do social events, you get bonuses just for working your hours every month, and they are family oriented.

Cons

Same as any other company when it comes to contracts.

Continue reading
  7. "Family oriented organization focused on growth and employee advancement"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Linthicum, MD

I have been working at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focused on the employee, and provides multiple opportunities to advance through their online learning and reimbursement programs. ESS is a family environment that truly looks out for the interest of their employees. Benefits are great, and they have an open door policy that starts with the owner of the company. Many additional benefits include clothing allowance, gym reimbursement and paid children savings bonds. Employees are knowledgeable, experienced, and always willing to collectively resolve issues.

Cons

Communication can be delayed when decisions come down from management. This has been improving, and it can be a challenge with employees in several locations to know the state of the company. While the company continues to grow in contracts/work, there is a shortage in the skilled workforce and that can leave positions unfilled.

"SETA"

4.0

I worked at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-works Great upper level staff

Cons

Some office clicks, pressure to bring additional people on

"Exceptional Software Review"

1.0

I worked at Exceptional Software Strategies full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is a small, Mom and Pop IT shop. If you like small companies, this may be a good fit.

Cons

Management and recruiting staff do not tell you the truth in the interview or while you are onboard. I suggest YOU NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY

Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.