Exclusive Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynnfield, MA

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate enough to be a part of this growing organization. Employees are smart, driven and just genuinely good people.

Cons

Trust and empower team members.

Advice to Management

Set clear goals that will encourage professional growth.

"Happy to come to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was very nervous to enter work in a corporate setting. It was so refreshing to work with a group of genuinely good people who care about their employees, co-workers and clients.
    I feel comfortable in our office, everyone works together to give everyone a chance to excel. Our management is approachable and kind. You can feel that everyone is working hard to emulate our values: Always be Growing, Be Reliable, Be Good Communicators, Seek and Positive and Think Big.

Cons

Sometimes as a team we fall short of seeing past "we've always done it that way," but we have already begun to implement great change in the short amount of time which I have been on the team.

Advice to Management

Continue to be good listeners and open to change

"VP of Product Development"

Former Employee - Vice President of Product Development in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President of Product Development in Burlington, MA

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They gave me the opportunity to grow and develop as a professional. If I had a new idea, I was given the chance to test and prove it.

Cons

The tendency for management to be risk adverse and not go for larger opportunities.

Advice to Management

Take more risks!

"Happy to be part of an exciting, rewarding company surrounded by great people."

Current Employee - Senior Internet Marketing Strategist in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Internet Marketing Strategist in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Exclusive Concepts for about 6 years now. I'm sincerely proud of the work we do here and I'm happy to be part of an exciting, rewarding company surrounded by such great people.

One of my favorite characteristics of Exclusive Concepts is that every employee is given a voice, regardless of position. We are all encouraged to think big, to think of ways to improve and innovate. Whether that be improving our services to better serve our clients, or coming up with ideas on how together we can make Exclusive Concepts the best place to work in Boston.

This democratization of ideas opens many opportunities for career advancement through the rewarding of hard work, innovation and initiative. I myself was originally hired as an entry level analyst. Today I am a Senior Internet Marketing Strategist, managing teams internally and working directly with ecommerce business owners to develop business growth strategies. Every member of our team is given the opportunity to advance professionally, and the company is committed to helping them do so as it is recognized that a stronger team results in a stronger company.

Exclusive Concepts is full of great people, not by accident. We have a core set of values that determine our business decisions, how we treat our clients, and who we hire. Because of these values our team is friendly, reliable, innovative and generally a pleasure to work with.

We have a nice office in a nice building, with a multiple cafe's and a gym within the complex.

Overall, I'd recommend anyone with an interest in ecommerce marketing consider Exclusive Concepts. Simply put, it's a great place to work.

Cons

There are no cons I'd like to convey other than the occasional, to be expected issues you'll run into when dealing with a diverse set of clients in a services position.

Advice to Management

"Recently hired, feeling challenged and appreciated."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Three P's sum up this company…. Positive attitude, Passion for what they do and Performance driven. A positive attitude is a key to success and is what is exemplified on a daily basis. Have been amazed by the talent and passion each individual brings to provide the best possible service to our clients. The willingness of my peers and management to share knowledge to help you perform at your best is truly inspiring. As with any small company, you need to be quick on your feet, juggle multiple tasks and be able to work independently which can be viewed as frustrating to some. The approach that management is taking to ensure that not only an employee is the right fit for this model, but that new clients are the right fit as well is rare and has become a fundamental building block in their continued success. The supportive environment keeps me motivated on a daily basis. Very excited to see where the future leads and what opportunities lie ahead both for the company as well as my self-growth. All positives….flexible work schedule, ability to work independently, value of employee’s opinion, positive work environment.

Cons

Not necessarily a con but a learning curve. As any small company continues to grow, there will be growing pains, but have been impressed by the willingness of management to address these concerns and share future direction with their employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to explore new growth opportunities and bring your employees along for the ride....

6. "PPC Team"

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time

Pros

Exclusive is a place to grow, to mold yourself and your career into what you want it to be. It is a place where your hard work and talent is recognized and wholesome and positive attitudes are in abundance. It is a joy to come to work for Exclusive. If you want to work somewhere the CEO know your name and the Vice Presidents and Directors ask how you are doing on a daily basis, Exclusive has the midas touch.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. We are growing and there are growing pains but upper management does their best to adjust.

Advice to Management

Directors and VPs really know what they are doing but middle management could use a little bit of polishing and training when it comes to more administrative tasks and managerial styles.

7. "Great"

Pros

plenty of perks , great atmosphere

Cons

I didnt have any cons at this job, great time

Advice to Management

none

"Manager"

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time

Pros

Will do my best to not self-identify here. I have not been in any way incentivized to write this. I’m writing this out of a personal obligation, and hope that it will attract the kind of people that I would like to team with. At the end of the day, this is a company that recognizes employees that dedicate themselves to their job and the company. In other words, if you’re capable and want to grow within the company, you will be given the opportunity to. This isn’t isolated to my personal experiences, either. I’ve seen deserving people earn opportunities through dedication and competence alone. You don’t have to politic to advance; you simply have to be good at your job. Between this and the talented professionals that I work with, there’s plenty to motivate anyone here.

Cons

Could probably stand to improve office quarters (or a redesign perhaps, which may be in the works), but it’s understandable, given how fast the company’s in-house team has grown. In terms of a host city, Burlington is getting overrun by companies, so that’s something to consider. I’m grasping at straws, though.

Advice to Management

In terms of the business component, I feel like every revenue-driving component of the company is in able hands. The people that are working with clients and internally with upper-management are very much committed to 1) keeping clients happy 2) ensuring that profits continue to fuel Exclusive's growth. It's not a formula that needs to be changed.

"Hard work is rewarded!"

I have been working at Exclusive Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Exclusive Concepts for two years. During this time, I've received 2 salary bumps and a promotion. This advancement didn't come without hard work, but I'm happy to say that it has really paid off thus far. Exclusive Concepts has given me the tools to excel at my job, and also the opportunity to take on projects outside of my core job description to help the company grow.

I have learned a TON since I've started at this company. The good thing about working here is that you learn about every service we offer: PPC, Google Shopping, SEO, Conversion Testing, and Email Marketing. The Senior Account Managers (and senior management) are all smart, savvy people who are extremely knowledgeable about eCommerce and internet marketing, and you are guaranteed to learn a lot from them.

Over the last year I've seen a big culture shift for the positive at Exclusive Concepts. They have completely revamped their hiring process and overall company strategy, and it seems to be really paying off. It's definitely becoming a more fun place to work as well (happy hours, etc.). The people are super nice - there are little to no office politics. It's a place where you can feel comfortable coming to work every day knowing that you can just focus on doing your job.

Bottom line: come here if you want to work hard, learn a lot, and seriously advance your career.

Cons

Sometimes the communication from senior management is too sparse. We are given a lot of independence as employees on a day to day basis, but more frequent check-ins on company numbers and goals will benefit everyone and keep us focused. I also think the number of personal/sick days could be increased.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with lower level employees. Continue on the track you're on - the improvements in culture and strategy over the past year have been great. Also, maybe throw us a few more personal days ;)

"Middle management is great; senior management is less so"

I worked at Exclusive Concepts full-time

Pros

Free coffee and sometimes some snacks. The middle managers are super smart.

Cons

Very difficult to get benefits. Promises made during salary negotiations were not upheld: bonus plan never given, reviews never given, 401K never given, had to chase HR person to get health insurance.

There was a time clock. Like we worked in a factory. Literally had to clock in and clock out.

It was hard to start new - there is very little interaction between each of the specialty services.

Advice to Management

If you promise a great benefits package, have one. If you promise bonuses, give them. You have some awesome people already there so make sure you know all of them feel appreciated.