Executive Staffing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Aaron Wandtke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Flexibility"

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The owner provides the opportunity and culture of understanding and flexibility to be out of the office for multiple weeks to heal up from an injury. I was made to feel like my health was what was the most important and I was given the space and time to heal.

We have the ability to log in from home and remain productive while seeming seamless to both internal and external customers.

Cons

The only 'cons' are obstacles you put on yourself. This is a company where you can truly be entrepreneurial with a safety net and a team.

2. "Fantastic organization - I could not imagine a better work place"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

Pros

Incredible leadership - They support their staff professionally and also want each recruiter to realize their personal goals. Leadership is transparent and they truly care about the opinions of the team (for example, twice a year, the team gets time to go out to breakfast without management to discuss what is working and what suggestions they might have for improvement and management addresses these areas shortly after - trying to provide the best environment, resources, and focus possible.) Work/Life Balance is not just a catch phrase here as it is in many recruiting firms or companies. Everyone values their time off and time with family, so in addition to generous PTO, there are incentives where if as a team, we hit our goal, we get to leave early up to a half day on Fridays, and we have fun contests around holidays to give us additional time off before or after. This is the most ethical company I have ever worked for, and everyone works with our ESS values in mind. We have a team where mutual respect is shown, and everyone truly supports one another. Management provides us with excellent resources as well to make sure we are positioned for success.

Having had prior recruitment experience, when I interviewed with ESS I felt it combined the very best qualities from each place I had exposure to or had worked, and I found that to still be the case once in. - I could not think of a better place to work.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con to write here.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing, and THANK YOU!

3. "A Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been recruiting for 15 years and the last 3 have been at ESS and I wish I knew about this place sooner. I love coming to work and I have the Best boss I have ever had. There is no ceiling on the amount of money someone can make. The perks are incredible. Everyone gets vacation time but who gets a vacation paid for you and another person? The culture is fantastic. If you enjoy helping people and you are self motivated then a 100% commission recruiting job may be for you!

Cons

I fell into recruiting and realize that it is NOT for everyone. It can be an emotional rollercoaster when dealing with people. Clients don't always do what you want and when your boss wants you to be successful and makes you stick to your original goals it can be a bit tough.

4. "You won't find a better place to work!"

Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting
    Current Employee - Vice President of Recruiting

Pros

*Great training program in place that sets you up for success
    *Freedom to work your desk as you see fit after you go through the training period
    *Great management team that offers plenty of support; they have an open door policy; they want to see you succeed and will do what they need to do to help you; they are open to new ideas and seek input from the team on how to improve; they provide continued training and development opportunities so you can grow stronger as a recruiter
    *The opportunity to make a great income
    *LOTS of time off available
    *Contests and incentives to make it a fun, goal-oriented work environment that keeps you excited about what you're doing
    *It's a generous, supportive management team, a fun and friendly work environment with a team of people that also care about each other and offer one another support

Cons

Recruiting isn't for everyone; typically the negative comments you read on here or elsewhere are from people who haven't been successful in the role. There are a lot of ups and downs that come with recruiting; you have to be ready to face the challenging times and work through them, but the team and management are here to help you any way possible to get you through those times!

5. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down the best work environment I have every experienced. The entire team is supportive and genuine. Management sets more rewards for performance that I have ever seen. Individual goals are set and company does whatever they can to help you reach them.

Cons

Cons do not come from company, but the industry. This industry provides a roller coaster life, the team does a great job of helping you stay in the cart.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Aaron Wandtke is out of touch with Recruiting"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Worthington, OH

Pros

None worth talking about.

Cons

Lacks communication and business etiquette/professionalism to deal with potential clients and employees. Very unprofessional. Does not read resumes correctly and thoroughly. Out ot touch with today's recruitment abilties to services clients.

Advice to Management

Before you start and manage a business take a business etiquette course. Watch you say to someone on the phone or an e-mail, you may end up with a discrimination lawsuit.

7. "High stress, poor management, lack of respect, unfair treatment"

Pros

Good people get hired here; recruiters help each other and are great to work with. Location is good, Casual environment. There are some pretty good perks here like time off, company trip if goals are hit.

Cons

This is a high stress organization. Management has a lot to learn about how to motivate staff. There is definitely more criticism than positive comments related to work performance. I witnessed several examples of unfair and disrespectful treatment, including favoritism. As other reviewers have mentioned, if you are a big biller, you are golden. If you are newer/not a big biller, you are nothing - unless the managers favor you for some reason that makes no sense. Management through stress and intimidation.

Advice to Management

Truly respect and value your employees, and be consistent. Treat everyone the same and be accountable for your own errors. You will earn more respect and loyalty that way.

8. "Micromanagement to the max sets you up to fail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

I worked at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time

Pros

Nice location and office set up. Established book of business and reputation in the industry. Fun perks, like contests for trips, days off, etc.

Cons

The company is built upon the premise that you "own your own desk". They say you can make as much money as you'd like but then make promotions next to impossible. There are rules specifically designed to prevent you from being promoted to the next commission level. Either you are a star recruiter or you're nothing. If you can't cut it, they will let you go and move on to the next pool of recruiters. It's very churn and burn with a lot of underlying tension in the office.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage your recruiters or use scare tactics. Provide a better environment to feel supported and guided rather than belittled and degraded.

9. "The most supportive, inspiring and fun place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Executive Staffing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The entire team is very close knit and there is little to no negativity - we all want to help each other succeed and truly care about each other. Management does everything in their power to help us grow and develop professionally, and they are constantly giving incentives and rewards, like all-expenses paid trips to exotic locations, tons of time off, industry conferences in Las Vegas, and more. Very sharp group of people that have helped me get so much better at what I do just by following their example and taking their suggestions. The company culture is informal and the team is a very lively and entertaining group - never a dull moment (in a good way) - but when it comes down to it this is the smartest and most accomplished group of colleagues I've ever had and they help me get better at my job every day by modeling professionalism, ambition and persistence. Finally, I've worked at other recruiting firms where there is pressure to put in 60+ hours a week, etc. and it is just not like that here - not at all. We all work hard but are entrusted to simply get done what we need to get done, and if we can do that and leave at 5:01, so be it, and management is fine with it. Working here really gives you the sense that you are in control of your own destiny and not just pandering to someone else's idea of what you are "supposed to do."

Cons

Recruiting in general is an industry that is full of ups and downs, that is a normal part of the job and everyone is going to have bad days, fall offs, disappointments, etc. The good thing is that everyone here supports each other through those times.

10. "Best company I have ever worked at by far!"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Worthington, OH

Pros

Work life balance, autonomy, fun contests, excellent leadership, opportunity to advance, fun team environment, onsite gym, no cap on compensation potential, company trip each year (all paid for), voted #1 place to work in the city!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about ESS. It's simply the best company I have ever worked for.