Executrade Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Stoppler

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Consultant"

I worked at Executrade full-time

Pros

Autonomy to make decisions and lead your own direction

Cons

Financially instability but tough economy

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your staff. Tough times don't last

2. "Amazing team, great office environment!"

Pros

Earlier this year, I worked on contract with the Vancouver office and had the pleasure of getting to know the team and management. This group is collaborative, fun, and dedicated to going the extra mile for clients and candidates. Every single person was friendly and welcoming and it made for a great overall experience even despite only being there a few months. Great team dynamic!

Cons

Eventually, as the team continues to grow, a larger, more open concept office would be nice.

Advice to Management

Your team is committed and hardworking but knows how to have fun as well. The office environment is great - don't change a thing!

""mean girls" mentality office"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

Pros

The team in Edmonton and Calgary are extremely professional and nice! The IT Dept Manager Chris is a joy to work with. Too bad he is too far away to work directly with in Vancouver.

Cons

Executrade has many more negatives than positives. You have to pay for half of your medical and they do not cover MSP. You cannot expense your phone, instead they give you an old iphone or blackberry that you have to use however you end up using your personal because who wants to carry around 2 phones?

The manager in the Vancouver office only hires women who have no backbone and unless you suck up to her you wont last long. The office also has rats running around and smells like garbage as the dumpsters are right below the windows.

The company as a whole is poorly managed as they offer no support like client leads, training and more. You work on a computer that is from the late 90's and their ATS barely runs on it making your day even harder than it already is.

I do not see the Vancouver office lasting long, run away fast if they offer you a job. They promote teamwork and high commission but that is far from what is actually offered - read the papers carefully.

I fully regret my decision of joining Executrade and wish I took the other offers at hand.

WARNING: Make sure that you do not make any deals of splitting commissions at the Vancouver branch as these girls never keep their word.

Advice to Management

The manager at the Vancouver branch: Due to her lack of work, she makes sure that the other teams are under performing as well. She picks favorites and goes out for drinks with them, than questions the hard working ones about where they are, and what their doing, in order to cover her tracks. She also says many offside remarks that are very offensive and demeaning(minorities, handicap etc).

The most disappointing part about management is that she has no passion for the actual job. She does not train her employees, she simply uses this job as a social play area (drinks, shopping and simply wasting time on the company's dime).

Also: Please stand by and support your superiors - She regularly would belittle and talk negatively about the IT Director because the IT team was doing much better than her team.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Pros

Minimal. This company will not be successful without major change

Cons

Poorly led organization with a large case of nepotism
    Poor pay compared to market rates
    Poor commission structure
    Heavily laden processes that slow down progress
    Poor outlook now that the labour market has tightened up in Alberta

Executrade Response

Apr 23, 2015 – VP Marketing

Executrade supports current and past employee’s expressions of their work experience with Executrade, and as in all organizations, we acknowledge that organizational fit is critical to success... More

"Caution"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Executrade full-time

Pros

They have some great people working within this company!

Cons

The only reason you're seeing so many positive comments about this company is because the employees were mandated to write them! If they were all being truthful these ratings would be very different. This company is a small, family run business and is conducted in that fashion. Poor leadership along with empty promises.

Executrade Response

Nov 3, 2014 – VP Marketing

Executrade supports the ability for diverse viewpoints to be shared, however, to ensure factual clarification: Executrade has not mandated positive writing or false representation of our or any... More

"Team Orientated Atmosphere with lots of Learning Opportunities"

I have been working at Executrade full-time

Pros

40 Years of Experience in Alberta
    Pay with bonuses is excellent, and rewards those who really make the effort
    Flexible Schedules
    Positioned for growth
    Strong culture and values
    Fun Office Environment
    Community involvement and giving back is encouraged
    Flexible Benefits
    Career Development Opportunities

Cons

Not applicable in this post

7. "One of the best places I have worked!"

I have been working at Executrade full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for Executrade. Because:
    •Executrade treats me with respect and generosity.
    •The culture is one of the best I have had the opportunity to be a part of.
    •Executrade is performance driven and I am held accountable for my actions and my results. As a result of my hard work my manager frequently acknowledges my contributions.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind.

Advice to Management

I love how you constantly promote when you can from within. I hope you can continue to provide these opportunities to employees.

8. "Positive culture and amazing people!"

Pros

I am proud to be an Executrade employee. My experience has been rewarding, challenging and fair. Has everything at Executrade been perfect? Of course not, no career is, however, the world of Recruitment can be an extra difficult industry and it is not for the light hearted or for those who are not wired to win! The company truly cares about their employees and they have demonstrated this several times throughout the years. We have had growing pains as we expanded to Calgary and Vancouver, but the future looks so bright with the new leadership structure and strong positive synergies throughout the organization. I am very optimistic and look forward to making a positive contribution at Executrade for the next several years!

Cons

Growing pains with our expansion to other markets.

Advice to Management

Keep demonstrating your geniue care for your employees. It will continue to pay off!

9. "Enjoying Every Moment and Everyone"

I have been working at Executrade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best part is the people: co-workers, clients, candidates - we have the chance to change lives, build friendships and we are a family...regardless of branch or tenure.

Cons

The industry is a tough one and we have seen growing pains in the last 40 years but at least it is a company focused on people and growth and change is needed for survival and success.

Advice to Management

Keep the people and relationships above all else and you will continue to have the best seek you out.

"Terrible clique-based, gossipy work environment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Executrade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They do a great job of selling you on how wonderful it is to work here...

Cons

Unfortunately, they don't tell you that they have very high turnover of staff and that it is a clique-based organization. If you're not part of the right group of gossipers, you're an outsider.

Advice to Management

You should really consider a 3rd party analysis to determine who your troublemakers are and start cleaning house. Your reputation is going downhill fast,