Exelon Reviews | Glassdoor

Exelon President & CEO Christopher M. Crane
Christopher M. Crane

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work load and hours can be very demanding at times but there are opportunities for work life balance (in 58 reviews)

• Expect occasional long hours and a collateral duty emergency response role (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Unparalleled corporate environment"

Current Employee - Associate Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Associate Financial Analyst in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Diverse employees make it an exceptionally comfortable work environment. Good pay, and very generous benefits. Lots of opportunities for career movement since it is such a big company - it is even encouraged to work in a new group or position every 2-3 years. Very loyal employee base - many people you talk to have been with the company for 10 years and have no plans of leaving. Pension plan!!! Executive management is very approachable (even to even entry level positions), and they frequent company events. Awesome views from the new Baltimore HQ on the harbor.

Cons

The computers are slightly outdated and few people are given work laptops or phones. Having just moved into the new Baltimore HQ I think that will be fixed soon, though. IT isn't the best.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are ecstatic to hear about the great experiences you've had thus far and that you are championing the company! We are always looking for new... More

2. "Fantastic Company!"

I worked at Exelon as an intern

Pros

Other employee's are super nice and helpful, always willing to help you with a project or introduce you to people in the area that you are interested in. Great internship program, highly recommend!

Cons

There is a parking garage at the new building in Baltimore but it is very expensive to park there.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Supply Ops Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Ops Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is great as well as the benefits. Upper management is accessible even for the lowest level employee. There is room to grow, and the culture allows you to feel comfortable moving positions and even departments. They are socially responsible and committed to diversity which is a great thing to see. An exciting time to work in Energy.

Cons

As with all big companies, it is hard to communicate sometimes across silos. Some steps can be taken to break down these barriers.

Advice to Management

Try to break down barriers and shift culture to a more open workplace and less departmental. This would improve cross-department communication.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your feedback! As a company we take great pride in providing our employees with a place full of career growth opportunities so they can have a career that meets their needs... More

4. "IT security analyst"

Pros

Large energy company with a mindset of social responsibility. Great compensation packages for health care benefits and vacation time. Professional development and continuing education is encourage and in some cases paid for.

Cons

Depending on your department there is limited upward mobility from analyst to management. If you come in at a senior analyst you can only grow to a lead analyst unless you go into management.

Advice to Management

The organization is very large, thus communication at all management levels is key across business units and departments. The communication flow across VPs and down to the workers is an area to work on.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your perspectives with the Glassdoor community! We are thrilled to see you think highly of the company. We take great pride in ensuring the job... More

5. "Accounting Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Exelon as an intern

Pros

Great Compensation, Amazing learning Experience, Positive Work Environment!

Cons

Just like any other internship, you can only do so much in such a limited time!

6. "Mechanical Maintenance Technician"

I have been working at Exelon full-time

Pros

Pay, benefits, job security, opportunities for overtime, emphasis on worker saftey, provides training.

Cons

Occasionally forced to back shifts, occasionally forced for overtime.

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comment! Our employees are of utmost importance. We appreciate all your hard work and support!

7. "Staff Accountant"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, alot of really smart people, awesome benefits, plenty of opportunities for advancement and to continue to learn, workplace flexibility is only improving and is already good, inclusive culture/workplace.

Cons

Depending on the group long hours can be expected occasionally however compared to many other companies it's not unreasonable. Communication between management and employees could improve at times as well as between groups within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue with initiative to create open channel of communication between employees and upper management.

Jun 29, 2017 – Sr. Recruiting Programs Specialist

Thank you for your comment! We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others and appreciate all the hard work you put in to support the company!

8. "Intern"

I worked at Exelon as an intern

Pros

Great work environment and community

Cons

The first few weeks of interning can be slow

9. "Corporate strategy analyst"

Current Employee - Corporate Strategy Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate Strategy Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Exelon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, stable career path. Good work-life balance

Cons

Operationally oriented culture, slow decision making

Jun 29, 2017 – Sr. Recruiting Programs Specialist

Thank you for your comment and sharing your perspective! We take pride in offering our employees career growth opportunities across the entire corporation so they can have a career that meets their... More

10. "Great Place to Work"

Pros

Company culture
    Work life balance
    Flexibility
    Benefits
    Friendly employees

Cons

The commute if you don't live in the Baltimore area

Jul 25, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for your comment. We appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others and appreciate all the hard work you put in to support our customers and business on a daily... More