KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Exemplis Reviews

Updated May 29, 2022

Found 77 of over 86 reviews

3.6
Exemplis Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Paul DeVries  (no image)
Paul DeVries

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

good so far

May 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

no empty time, good training, management considerate

Cons

VERY high volume ticket work,

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ok

May 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Parties parties parties parties parties

Cons

Pay pay pay pay pay

3. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to work with fun parties

Feb 3, 2022 - PDM Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and process . Easy to work with engineers and supply chain

Cons

Some users were not tech savvy some were very adaptive .. same everywhere

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jan 19, 2022 - People Analytics Analyst in Cypress, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Exemplis is amazing.

Cons

Lots of chance at time

Exemplis Response

Human Resources

Thank you for the positive feedback! We take pride in have a great culture for our team.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Anywhere, but CX

Oct 7, 2021 - Customer Experience Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team mates, people work hard especially if they've been here building the company. Most team members are resilient, care about the company, are invested in doing well. Used to have great company parties, team building events, team luncheons pre-covid.

Cons

We had a staff meeting and we were told that our jobs are really easy and we are lucky to be employed at all. Many CXRs have left leaving us very understaffed. Training is not a priority since the job is said to be very easy. Now managers supervisors are starting to leave. HR knows about the issue and cannot change it.

3 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Current Employee

Proceed with caution and go somewhere else if you can.

Feb 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary for non entry level positions. Decent benefits/PTO. Had free food/drinks sometimes. Leader in the industry and high growth. Great chair sales when there’s overstock.

Cons

Many departments foster a high school environment thriving in office politics, gossip (about people inside/outside their team), favoritism, and cliques. I’ve seen people let go or quit because they don’t fit in from the start and sometimes are set up to fail. The managers are ring leaders enabling this behavior because they either engage in it or powerless to stop it. In fact, management is its own pretentious clique not bothering to check on or become approachable to those beneath them. Managers often being under high pressure leads to micromanaging and constant process changing. Every small decision requires approval. They do monthly performance reviews, quarterly performance reviews, and a yearly review— useless formalities. There’s an unnecessary amount of VP’s, directors, managers, supervisors, seniors, and leads with very similar responsibilities which further extends the totem pole and implies no one’s capable wearing multiple hats. Entry level positions have no career growth or voice unless you stick it out for 5-10 years, and only then do you get an obligatory promotion as a lead or senior if you’re lucky. Eventually you realize all the culture building events, occasional freebies, and pep talks don’t mask the childishness going on behind the scenes. It’s a false sense of belonging.

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

There are no downsides to share

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Average at best

Oct 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team members are hard working and genuinely good people.

Cons

Where do I start? Poor leadership - CEO keeps people waiting for hours in meetings with him. Yells, screams and curses. HR lacks any pull to support employees. No growth, development, actionable feedback.

2 people found this review helpful

Exemplis Response

We're sorry to hear your experience wasn't holistically positive with us. While experiences with growth and development are bound to vary by role, we are very proud of our internal promotion rates that exceed the benchmarks and our quarterly review process that creates consistent feedback and conversations between managers and their team. As a tenant of our culture, no department needs “pull” to do what is best for our customers, our team or the organization, just a positive, professional attitude and a results oriented mindset.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good benefits

Jul 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits for the time I worked there

Cons

I had none for the time I was there

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Employees are the most valuable asset?

Jun 21, 2021 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees abilities, knowledge, and experience are being replaced by cross-border workers.

Cons

Poor management resource allocation - too many projects being handled by one person resulting in details being missed, late deliveries, etc Corporately disconnected from employees, massive silos. and extreme turnover (>15%). Below average pay and NO advancement criteria/requirements are not there. Very poor perspective on diversity or employees that are minorities.

7 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

Exemplis Reviews FAQs

Exemplis has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 86 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Exemplis to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Exemplis employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Exemplis. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

60% of Exemplis employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Exemplis 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Exemplis to be senior leadership, culture, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Exemplis Job Seekers