Exodus Healthcare Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2019

3.9
  1. "Reception/Scheduling"

Current Employee - Receptionist/Scheduler in Magna, UT

I have been working at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work on a great team. The phrase "work family" sounds corny, but that is how I see my colleagues. Everyone genuinely cares about each member of the group, and we find productive/encouraging ways to work through differences. We have also been given the freedom to build one another up professionally and be the best version of ourselves. It feels good to help one another succeed instead of competing. Genuinely... liking your coworkers also makes it easier to do the job well. This puts me in a position where I do more than what I'm required to because I want to help our patients; not just because I'm getting a paycheck out of it.

Cons

I don't really feel like this is a true "con", just something to keep in mind if you apply for a job at Exodus: I feel like we work harder and perform a lot more tasks than comparable reception/scheduling teams for other medical organizations. With that said, I would rather perform extra challenging tasks alongside some great people who have an excellent work ethic than have an easy job but be around people I don't... care for.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the overtime worries. The company needs to stick to a budget, but the occasional 30 minutes of overtime pay can make the difference between great patient care and someone never wanting to come to our clinics again.

Exodus Healthcare Network2018-02-23
  2. "Remarkably poor administration"

Former Employee - Scheduling

I worked at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

"Front Line" (reception, scheduling, medical assistants, etc) really care about the patients and want to provide the best patient experience possible. Most of the medical providers seem to genuinely care about the patients.

Cons

The wages are unbelievably low. When I started researching how much I should be earning for the work I was doing for Exodus, I was in shock to learn I could easily earn 20 - 30% more by doing the same work for pretty much any other health care company. 20 - 30%!!! Sometimes, I look at the paycheck I receive from my current employer and get physically sick thinking of how much less I was earning during my time at... Exodus. It's pretty embarrassing. The administration is very disconnected with the community it is supposed to serve, and is overall ineffective. Patient volume was steadily dropping to dangerously low levels, and many patients made comments/complaints that could be addressed & used to make tangible plans for improvement but the staff was consistently told, "we'll just hope volume will increase." What started me on the path to finding employment elsewhere was the thought that I could show up for work one day, and the office would be closed for good without notice. The administrative team micromanages the staff instead of focusing on improving patient volume and community rapport.

Advice to Management

You're not the only circus in town. The Magna office is in a prime location but the community doesn't want to waste time or money on you when they can drive 10 minutes east to receive care that is more timely and cost effective. Same goes for staffing. Pay people what they are worth if you expect to hang on to talented, caring individuals that can help your business grow. If you don't, they will find other... opportunities. Stop treating the staff like children. No one cares how wide the receptionist's pant legs are. No one cares what color the medical assistant's hair is. Stop wasting time and resources on things that don't matter.

Exodus Healthcare Network2019-09-12
  3. "I would not recommend working here"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant

I have been working at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting patients that are underserved and really need our care.

Cons

Being pressured to over-bill the patients. Watching your coworkers be fired because they weren't in "the club". Seeing the administration value saving money far more that providing what patients need. Management is almost pathologically unresponsive. You'll notice they hire a lot of new grads and these new grads get frustrated and quit or get fired within 1-2 years. It's a revolving door. If you have actually... worked here you will be able to figure out that the positive reviews that are posted here are from the admin team.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

Exodus Healthcare Network2019-07-01
  4. "Long hours and no set schedule"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Magna, UT

I worked at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, benefits, and staff.

Cons

Overworked, need to belong to a click.

Advice to Management

Shorten the days for staff.

Exodus Healthcare Network2018-05-10
  5. "I love Exodus!"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Magna, UT

I have been working at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Being a single mom Exodus has given me the ability to raise my daughter. They allow me to put her first by allowing me to work flexible hours. I have worked for Exodus for over 12 years and moved up quickly. I love the team I am one and I get to work with some really great people

Cons

The only con would be the cost of medical benefits for any one other than the employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work our Admin team is the best!

6. "Billing"

Current Employee - Medical Biller in Magna, UT

I have been working at Exodus Healthcare Network full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working at Exodus Healthcare in the billing department. The family like environment and diversity is what makes us great at what we do. I enjoy coming into work each day, and helping patients in the community.

Cons

We need a Exodus Healthcare location in Tooele Utah

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Magna, UT

Pros

I started as a receptionist as have grown and learned so much. I have had multiple opportunities to further my skills and move into other positions. Also my job is very flexible working with balancing my career and personal life.

Cons

I have to travel from Tooele to Magna everyday.

Exodus Healthcare Network2018-02-22
  8. "EXODUS IS AWESOME!!!"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

flexible schedules, great opportunity's to grow in the company, friendly staff, awesome training!

Cons

benefits, we are open late and 7 days a week

Exodus Healthcare Network2018-02-22
  9. "Magnificent place to have career!! :)"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Magna, UT

Pros

I have been an employee with Exodus Healthcare for 3 years! Exodus Healthcare is a caring and honorable workplace! The staff is amazing and supportive and always there when you need a helping hand! As an Exodus Healthcare employee we are always there when you need us and we are open 7 days a week! I recommend to any one, come join our family here at Exoudus Healthcare!

Cons

There really are no cons at Exodus Healthcare

Exodus Healthcare Network2018-02-23