Expedia Group Fraud Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Okerstrom

"Exceptional Leadership!"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst II in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment and leadership. Team morale is priority and evident in the way leadership treats their employees. The company promotes from within and encourages cross department transfers instead of releasing a good employee. Salary is great for the location and medical, dental, PTO are great perks. Expedia Group is a generous company and loves giving back to it's community.

Cons

Unable to work remotely.

Expedia Group2019-03-31

"Misleading Job Role"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Expedia Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, perks, managers, coworkers, health and wellness

Cons

The job role specified isn’t the one you applied for. They didn’t utilize my wealth of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Be clear and concise on what the job entails. Don’t sugarcoat it to have more people apply because in the end we leave for a job more suited to our skill set and salary. This is why many departments have a high turnover rate.

Expedia Group2019-06-25

"Chaotic Toxic Environment"

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are miserable with the other fraud analysts and you can make jokes among each other.

Cons

The feeling in the Bellevue office about management is consistently bad - not sure who is writing reviews about management being great, but please do your research prior to working here. Analysts are on LinkedIn and can provide you an insight on how it is on the floor. Trust has been lost in senior management and analysts are no longer working special projects, but all analysts are working like they are FA I's.... There is a push to meet booking volume so extreme changes were made in people's work schedules and their work load to make them all do the same thing no matter their level. Career advancement is non existent. No more special projects to work on. Recognition and awards are no longer handed out. There have been some recent promotions within the department, that those that were promoted were told they could keep their favorable schedules instead of giving those schedules to the seasoned analysts who have been there longer. Not sure why this decision was made, but it has caused the morale in the team sink even further. There is no trust that you can end up with a better schedule now. Feels like favoritism.

Advice to Management

Be transparent in your decisions. You have created a toxic work environment that is very fragile. Let analysts know why you made a decision, especially when you know it wont be a popular one. People would rather be told the truth, rather than have someone beat around the bush with an answer.

Expedia Group2019-07-17

"Incompetent Management Does Not Care"

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company Benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Management has lost complete touch with analysts and how their decisions impact their lives. They make life changing decisions without thinking the changes all the way through. Management changed everyone schedules and had the computer choose which analyst received which schedules. Any questions analysts had about the schedule change were met with “I don’t know,” as an answer. On top of this, analysts were given two... weeks notice of their new schedule. That is not nearly enough time to make the life changes needed to work a new schedule. We know we have to work holidays but we didn’t have our holiday schedule until 2 and a half weeks before Memorial Day. We used to get 4 holidays off, now we get 2. The department has been compartmentalized and there is no room for growth or promotions. Any sort of recognition is a thing if the past. There has been a complete loss of trust in senior leadership.

Advice to Management

Try changing your schedule to something completely different on two weeks notice.

Expedia Group2019-06-28
  5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company is amazing, you will not find one that will take care of you more.

Cons

This specific department is very difficult to work in. The metrics are not equal depending on hwat you are doing, and there is no reason to want to promote as it makes your metrics harder to maintain due to doing other things.

Advice to Management

Fix your metrics

Expedia Group2019-04-24

"Good stepping stone"

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A way to get in the company without having much experience. Full benefits. The job is done by shifts. AM and PM. If you do PM you could go to school in the AM, while still earning a nice income for a college student.

Cons

You most likely will have to work weekends Manager is terrible You will feel like you don't really work at Expedia Group but a contractor of some sort

Advice to Management

Better communication and transparency

Expedia Group2019-03-22

"You are better off in fast food"

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and fair work life balance

Cons

low pay, draconian management, low team morale, toxic work environment, bad schedules,

Advice to Management

My advice to management is learn how to manage or better yet go manage at a prison where you'd be a better fit.

Expedia Group2019-04-04

"Not great"

Fraud Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia Group

Pros

benefits / time off policy

Cons

Night team supervisors were demonstrably lazy and did not understand the job at all. They were generally more of a hindrance than a help to the people getting the work done, and often took advantage of their best analysts to do their jobs for them (QA, reporting, team morale, training, and general operations). The best analysts seemed to get burned out from carrying the parasitic middle management.

Advice to Management

Hire internally for your supervisor positions. Don't let lazy supervisors lean on the analysts to do the supervisor's job for them.

Expedia Group2018-01-20

"Out of Touch Management"

Former Employee - Fraud Analyst

I worked at Expedia Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits, good work/life balance, some truly amazing people, diverse work force

Cons

Like any corporate set-up, the actual job/people doing it doesn't matter. All they care about across all sites is making numbers "look good", and management is clueless about who is actually good at the job. No consistency between sites, its very much an us vs them mentality which hurts the department as a whole. No longer bothering to look for qualified candidates. Any warm body will do, then can't seem... figure out why they're bleeding money in fraud losses. Not a lot of advancement opportunity if you're not at HQ. VERY political. It's who you know and how loud you can be, not what you know in this department. Sups and managers are almost always in meetings Senior management has no idea how this job is really done.

Advice to Management

Just because someone is loud, does not mean they have any idea what they're doing. Invest in attracting better candidates, let a seat remain open until the right person is found. Throwing an unqualified person into this job is unfair to them and their co-workers. Promote from within, sups who haven't done this job can rarely coach someone how to do it better. Get your senior management to shadow, it's... that simple.

Expedia Group2017-10-13

"Very disappointed!"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst

I have been working at Expedia Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pro....the benefits which is very nice. I like the location. There are a lot of departments and I hope they are different from the Fraud team.

Cons

Leadership,. Lazy , rude and unprofessional management. You see all over Expedia about transparency, but the leadership on my floor still does not know what that means. Fraud team from the whole Expedia in Bellevue has a PM shift. Employees that work on PM shift are treated by ERS like ghosts. All the team parties, recognitions lunches to celebrate whatever, happen on AM shift, meaning that the employees from PM... never enjoy anything , like they don't even exist. No chance to grow in your career. Most of the big companies like to incentive the employees to move on, to grow. Management should not be allowed to be at the same position for more than 3-5 years it should rotate. Do you know why? After few years at the same position, doing the same thing, the person automatically become lazy thinking that already know everything and won't put extra energy to innovate the business. With rotation, you will always get people with new energy, new vision for the business, new ideas, etc. The opportunity to grow is so bad, that there is a manager doing the same thing for over 10 years ( just a reminder that is not even the most high level manager), and few employees doing the same job also for over 10 years. How they didn't become even a supervisor??? Also, the lack of the leadership is amazing. Expedia wants to talk about team work and helping each other, but the manager doesn't even look to your face. Totally rude! How do you expect a good feedback from an employee having a manager that started on a team, worked with for about few weeks and NEVER introduce himself? Ignored the employees for a few weeks until he finally decided to introduce himself. I can't say for the whole Expedia since I have been only in one team, I am referring about the Fraud team. The environment is soooo negative that it drags you down too. To be honest I should not even say leadership since there are no real leaders at the team. The tools to work!!!! What is that??? Internet extremely slow. Before working at Expedia, I was very excited , but after few months and getting to known the company, to better say my team, I was very disappointed. There are no support for the employees complete the job. For example, Fraud requires people that speak different languages, and it is always and issue. We simple asked for the company provide Rosetta Stone for free to the employees since the job requires different languages, but they don't want to spend the money with that. Language in this team is necessary and provision few Rosetta Stone to the employees to be able to learn at least the basic of the other languages, it will make. Huge difference. This is on thing that I will also give as an example for management rotation. If the manager knows that different languages in his department is crucial, why the manager never provided the Rosetta Stone to help the employees at least learn the basic to help their job and the business.

Advice to Management

Did you ever heard about the open door communication? This is the second step to succeed since the first one is to learn to be a leader and at least knowledge and and look to the employees face.

Expedia Group2017-07-01