Expedia Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

United States

1,034 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Little bit problem for work life balance if you are keen to learn new things you have to give more times to office (in 90 reviews)

• Expedia continues to higher terrible people managers, whom have never managed people and then are not monitored by upper management (in 47 reviews)

"Customer Service Expedia"

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits / charity donation matching / Decent pay for the location

Cons

Leadership/Leadership/Leadership! The center manager doesn't care about anything but numbers and you know what they say about #%^@X running down hill. Instead of positive attitudes and feedback they throw food at the employees in things like "national chili day" or "national pancake day" where the managers dish out food. They seem to think that can take the place of treating their employees in a positive way. What they consider to be "customer service" leaves a lot to be desired too.

Advice to Management

Get new management

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Market Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great travel benefits and lots of career growth available

Cons

no work life balance - must ensure you keep that in check

3. "Excellent company w/ great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Market Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Market Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Expedia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing energetic teams, Innovative ideas and collaboration, and great travel and health benefits!

Cons

Can be internally competitive sometimes (but what job isn't) :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dynamic, fun, location, frequent change, commuter benefits, international opportunities

Cons

Stressful, frequent changes, lack of cohesion in upper management,

5. "Market Manager"

Former Employee - Market Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Market Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Expedia (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, travel perks, depending on management/team good people.

Cons

To many layers of management. Goals sometimes not attainable due to so much time spent tracking / reporting the actions you are doing just so the managers can track and report what you're doing to managers who do the same up the ladder. Aggressive growth goals that are not sustainable long term.

"Some good, some bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. If you aren't in operations, the world is your oyster. Development teams are very collaborative and forward thinking. Expedia as a company/brand is very committed to ensuring inclusiveness and opportunity.

Cons

Operations seems to be in a "do what I say, not what I do" philosophy. Money and effort appear to be thrown at whatever is "shiny" at the moment, and not on more critical issues that don't have "sex appeal"

Advice to Management

Let's untie the hands of the people making the site experience better and reign in the problem children. Let's also have the same rules and expectations apply to everyone in all departments.

With respect to the course, I like it, and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before we start acting like a Fortune 500 company.

7. "Fits itself to people's strengths"

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer In Test in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I like about Expedia is it looks at each individual's strengths and interests and leverages them rather than trying to fit people into standard roles.
    The management is very good about distilling business needs into clear simply understood goals and then following through on them

Cons

Right now there is a lot of Technological churn. It is a bit of a free for all. Expedia went from too slow to adopt newer technologies to "everything at once".

Advice to Management

The movement of the corporate HQ is going to create lots of challenges. You really need to work with Seattle to create better commute options than are available.

"Discrimination in the culture"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bellevue, WA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Expedia as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice, there are opportunities to learn and grow if you are with the right team.

Cons

At Expedia, your value and worth is determined by your background and not by your work.

Advice to Management

Start treating people for their work and the value they bring to their team.

Expedia Response

Aug 14, 2015 – Team Expedia

Thank you for your review. As one of our valued interns your input is very important to us – if you want to provide more feedback we encourage you to reach out to our VP of Inclusion, Britta Wilson... More

"Content Editor"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bellevue, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly striving to improve systems, great training efforts, and supportive managers.

Cons

Quantity was valued over quality. That's just not right...What's the point in completing 200 cases if half of them are not accurate?

"Great company with tons of growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Expedia full-time

Pros

Lots of new technology development, plenty to learn, benefits are at par with market standards, great work/life balance. The longer I work here, the more I like this company and its technology direction.

Cons

Some teams have horrible sr. leadership which can restrict growth. They promote excessive favoritism, no mentoring, politics & plenty of back biting. All the best if you fall with one of those teams.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to take consider the feedback given on bad managers. People leave managers, not companies and some of the recent attrition in some teams has primarily been around horrible managers.

Showing 1,034 of 2,252 reviews