Expense Reduction Analysts Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Nicholas

1. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

ERA is a business model that allows me to monetize the connections that I have accumulated over a 26 year career prior to joining ERA. ERA has a collection of subject matter experts that can be organized into dynamic client service teams to deliver executable strategies for clients to optimize costs and add cash flow to their business.

Cons

As compelling as the value proposition is, the process to close the sale is almost always a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop tools that allow the consultants to communicate seamlessly.

2. "Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Expense Reduction Analysts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great talented network of people.

Cons

Need to find a user easy knowledge management and customer relationship management system.

Advice to Management

Try to stay with good "off the shelf" systems that can be slightly modified and updated over time. Less expensive than internal customized legacy systems.

3. "Managing Director"

Pros

In August 2004, I made the decision to leave the corporate world and join Expense Reduction Analysts. I made this decision based on the desire to leverage my established and respected background in procurement and supply management to help Clients find Hidden Cash flow. As I now enter my 13th year, I look back and ponder one of my key considerations for making this decision – I had either “saved” or “cost avoided” significant dollars for the companies I worked for but only a very small portion of that increased revenue made it to me by way of compensation, so by what multiple could I improve it? Today, I can say that my expectations have been exceeded not only from my personal perspective but by combining proven procurement services with enabling technology, I have help my clients align their procurement strategy in ways that deliver attractive financial results for their organizations.

Cons

Business doesn't come to you... but if you work hard you will be rewarded well.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in quality account aquirers

5. "Glad I made the move to ERA"

Pros

I've been with ERA for 5 years now and can honestly say this is one of the best jobs I've had. Our global network operates like a true team giving me resources I would not get anywhere else. Our Support Center Staff, though small, goes above and beyond on a daily basis to help in our successes. The CEO has a great open door policy and I never feel like I'm not being heard. If you're looking to be your own boss and still have the support of a top-notch network, I highly recommend Expense Reduction Analysts.

Cons

Hard work and great reward is only a con if you're not driven to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing on great people!

6. "Expense Management Advisor"

Pros

A CEO asked why his Purchasing Manager could not find the savings Expense Reduction Analysts (ERA) finds in targeted operational expense categories. We replied that IF your purchasing manager had the perspective ERA has from projects conducted each week across geographies and across industries, and if the purchasing manager had the time available to devote to the effort that we will invest, then you might find some savings if you also understand how the suppliers' businesses operate. The CEO said that is a good answer because the purchasing manager did not have that broad perspective or the time. So the savings ERA could find would probably be savings that they could not have found on their own.

Cons

There are no cons for professional services consultants who want to have the freedom and self control that comes from having your own business.

7. "Great for people who like people!"

Current Employee - Franchisee in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Franchisee in New Haven, CT

Pros

Does not "sell itself," but if you cannot get clients in this model, you cannot sell. Period.
    No employees, no set hours, no inventory, no leases--You are ready to go with a home office and a car.
    Awesome group of "Analysts" who via the ERA process, supplier contacts and years of industry-specific experience know how to save my clients a lot of money.
    Shared savings model means I never send an invoice where the client has not already received 2x my "fee."
    Per client revenue is very high (for me) so I do not need a ton of clients to make good money. (Not a dialing for dollars sale)
    Decent sales/management systems.
    New franchisee management is committed to improving the network and supporting my efforts.
    Very flexible process allows me to have tremendous life-balance.

Cons

Still some folks in the business who are not "people-people" and therefore not successful. (ie still too much negative energy)
    Need to work hard "staying connected" while working in my home office.
    Some prospects hear our proposal and think its too good to be true which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Get rid of remaining deadwood. Generate more sales leads online.

8. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director
    Current Employee - Managing Director

Pros

Helping companies find the extra profit from within their operations is extremely satisfying. Clients are always very pleasantly surprised with the increases to cash flow we produce. Today's business world is hyper-competitive, 24/7. The added horsepower ERA's highly skilled consulting specialists bring to clients' businesses increases outcomes and capabilities, making them more competitive and profitable.

Cons

We have cities that do not have any ERA staff. Getting consultants into all local markets will serve those clients best.

9. "Big company, big family"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

Pros

Extremely organised and welcoming team. Opportunities for growth and self-improvement are found everywhere in the company. There's always contact between management and employees to ensure attention to detail without having to babysit but enabling and motivating a self-productive attitude while enjoying all the benefits from a home-office environment.

Cons

It needs to be more widespread across the globe. Although it's on the right track, only with time and dedication will it be able to achieve all of its goals and let the market know what it has been missing all this time.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep up the good work. So far it's proven to be a very forward-thinking company with clear goals and stable means to achieve them.

10. "My Dream Job and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President of Franchising and Business Development in Addison, TX

I have been working at Expense Reduction Analysts full-time

Pros

I get to change people's lives. I love my co-workers. The people here really care about our franchisees and about one another. I'm never micro-managed. We trust each other. It's a very respectful atmosphere. It's a culture where everyone matters and has an impact.

Cons

We run a lean ship which means sometimes it would be nice to have an additional person on my team.

Advice to Management

Thank you for caring - please never stop. Keep up your long-term focus of building a world-class, respected organization that we all can continue to be very proud to represent.

11. "Area Developer"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Expense Reduction Analysts (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom of working out of house - unlimited income potential - good people working in the company

Cons

hard to see decision makers - takes a lot of networking to get to personally know people that can really help you get introductions

Advice to Management

Stay on the course with the TBA training and strengthen the CRM in favor of sales orientation