Expense Reduction Analysts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Expense Reduction Analysts full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been at this for more than 10 years - its a Solid Business model - consultants retain a high % of the revenue they bring in unlike many other businesses.
    The model works consistently and the hard work pays off.

Cons

It can be a bit slow in getting started
    Its hard work - and there's no free rides.

2. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Expense Reduction Analysts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great service in helping organizations save money.

Cons

Price can be a tough sell, on top of locking customers into a contract.

Advice to Management

Provide more support in generating leads for analysts and directors.

3. "Good opportunity"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Expense Reduction Analysts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great talented network of people.

Cons

Need to find a user easy knowledge management and customer relationship management system.

Advice to Management

Try to stay with good "off the shelf" systems that can be slightly modified and updated over time. Less expensive than internal customized legacy systems.

4. "The Model Works if you invest the time"

Current Employee - Director

Pros

Been at this over 10 years. The business model works but, like any business, it takes a real focus to make it work. Business development is never easy and this is no exception. But, if you dedicate the time and effort, the model works. I like working with a variety of clients, the flexibility I have to control my time and the income return is there. And, it is a great group of people.

Cons

As good and simple as our value proposition is - no savings no fee - it still takes good communications skills and focused efforts to close a sale. No different than any other professional services firm, however.

5. "Business Development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Pros

ERA is a business model that allows me to monetize the connections that I have accumulated over a 26 year career prior to joining ERA. ERA has a collection of subject matter experts that can be organized into dynamic client service teams to deliver executable strategies for clients to optimize costs and add cash flow to their business.

Cons

As compelling as the value proposition is, the process to close the sale is almost always a challenge.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop tools that allow the consultants to communicate seamlessly.

6. "Glad I made the move to ERA"

Pros

I've been with ERA for 5 years now and can honestly say this is one of the best jobs I've had. Our global network operates like a true team giving me resources I would not get anywhere else. Our Support Center Staff, though small, goes above and beyond on a daily basis to help in our successes. The CEO has a great open door policy and I never feel like I'm not being heard. If you're looking to be your own boss and still have the support of a top-notch network, I highly recommend Expense Reduction Analysts.

Cons

Hard work and great reward is only a con if you're not driven to succeed.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing on great people!

7. "Expense Management Advisor"

Pros

A CEO asked why his Purchasing Manager could not find the savings Expense Reduction Analysts (ERA) finds in targeted operational expense categories. We replied that IF your purchasing manager had the perspective ERA has from projects conducted each week across geographies and across industries, and if the purchasing manager had the time available to devote to the effort that we will invest, then you might find some savings if you also understand how the suppliers' businesses operate. The CEO said that is a good answer because the purchasing manager did not have that broad perspective or the time. So the savings ERA could find would probably be savings that they could not have found on their own.

Cons

There are no cons for professional services consultants who want to have the freedom and self control that comes from having your own business.

8. "Great for people who like people!"

Current Employee - Franchisee in New Haven, CT
    Current Employee - Franchisee in New Haven, CT

Pros

Does not "sell itself," but if you cannot get clients in this model, you cannot sell. Period.
    No employees, no set hours, no inventory, no leases--You are ready to go with a home office and a car.
    Awesome group of "Analysts" who via the ERA process, supplier contacts and years of industry-specific experience know how to save my clients a lot of money.
    Shared savings model means I never send an invoice where the client has not already received 2x my "fee."
    Per client revenue is very high (for me) so I do not need a ton of clients to make good money. (Not a dialing for dollars sale)
    Decent sales/management systems.
    New franchisee management is committed to improving the network and supporting my efforts.
    Very flexible process allows me to have tremendous life-balance.

Cons

Still some folks in the business who are not "people-people" and therefore not successful. (ie still too much negative energy)
    Need to work hard "staying connected" while working in my home office.
    Some prospects hear our proposal and think its too good to be true which is frustrating.

Advice to Management

Get rid of remaining deadwood. Generate more sales leads online.

9. "Managing Director"

Current Employee - Managing Director
    Current Employee - Managing Director

Pros

Helping companies find the extra profit from within their operations is extremely satisfying. Clients are always very pleasantly surprised with the increases to cash flow we produce. Today's business world is hyper-competitive, 24/7. The added horsepower ERA's highly skilled consulting specialists bring to clients' businesses increases outcomes and capabilities, making them more competitive and profitable.

Cons

We have cities that do not have any ERA staff. Getting consultants into all local markets will serve those clients best.

10. "Big company, big family"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

Pros

Extremely organised and welcoming team. Opportunities for growth and self-improvement are found everywhere in the company. There's always contact between management and employees to ensure attention to detail without having to babysit but enabling and motivating a self-productive attitude while enjoying all the benefits from a home-office environment.

Cons

It needs to be more widespread across the globe. Although it's on the right track, only with time and dedication will it be able to achieve all of its goals and let the market know what it has been missing all this time.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep up the good work. So far it's proven to be a very forward-thinking company with clear goals and stable means to achieve them.