Found 65 of over 72 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Finance
9 hours ago
I decided to leave my last role as a finance manager without having anything lined up. I left the role due to an extremely toxic environment, zero growth and a manager who kept gunning for my head. Never left a role previously without anything lined up, also have a pretty solid resume. I have an opportunity at a massive company (over 100k employees) but it’s a senior analyst role, so essentially a step back in my career in terms of title. Do you think I should go for it or wait it out?
15 hours ago
So I was laid off 2 months ago due to the company not doing great, now I’ve been interviewing and finally received a job offer. The dilemma is that there are a few other companies I’m in late stages with that have better comp/benefits/PTO/value alignment. Have you ever accepted an offer since you need the money and insurance and still continued interviewing? Ethically, I feel wrong, like I’m “cheating” if I accept and still entertain other roles. What would you do?
Got a burning question about Expensify.com? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Expensify.com employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits" (in 11 reviews)
- "Culture and colleagues are amazing!" (in 7 reviews)
- "Overall, great team." (in 6 reviews)
- "This company offers probably one of the best growth journeys and opportunities for an employee I have heard of." (in 4 reviews)
- "Amazing benefits and perks e.g. annual OffShore trip to a different country, two month paid sabbatical after eight years, free lunch program with the Expensify Card" (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Employees are some of the smartest, most talented, and most passionate people you'll ever meet. They're also incredibly supportive and collaborative. Competitive salaries and benefits Flexible work location and hours Opportunities for professional development and growth A fun and supportive work environment
Expensify is a flat organization, so it's not the best fit for people who need a lot of structure. We're very adaptable, but moving quickly sometimes requires changing adjusting your focus to new priorities, which can be challenging sometimes
- 5.0Jul 11, 2023Fullstack DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Complete freedom over what you work on and the priority you want to assign it. Unlimited flexibility with scheduling your life, as long as you GSD and are easy to work with you can organize your workday however you like. Extremely supportive team that makes you want to keep learning and growing. Fully remote company that always makes you feel welcome.
You need to go out of your way to get positive/negative feedback sometimes.
- 5.0Mar 11, 2023Software EngineerCurrent EmployeeAlta, WY
There is a great company culture and then opportunity to work and travel in unique ways.
Sometimes the highly collaborative environment can be difficult to get things done quickly.
- 5.0Feb 9, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Good benefits, awesome people, freedom to work on whatever
Job lacks structure, which could be good or bad depending on how you work.
- 5.0Jan 23, 2023DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsNew York, NY
- strong, transparent, employee-centric company culture - freedom to work on whatever you want as long as it brings value - not boxed in by job titles (focus is on creating value rather than conforming to a specific role) - high pay with twice-yearly compensation review process - good job stability, have never done layoffs in my 11 years here - ceo is the founder and has a strong vision and isn't looking to exit
Lack of direct managers means that it is no one's job to give you praise or feedback. You must be proactive in asking for it and your fulfillment must come from the work itself. This is a tough place to work for people who don't thrive in self-directed environments.
- 5.0Oct 21, 2022DirectorCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Lots of opportunities for learning and growing, team of talented and ambitious people, successful and profitable business, very inclusive culture
Very flat organization, so not optimal for people that want a very structured job or a traditional direct manager. We're very nimble but moving fast sometimes requires switching gears and changing your focus to ever changing priorities, which doesn't come easy to everyone
- 5.0Oct 18, 2022Aspiring GeneralistCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
- Pay - I made, at least, 2x what anyone else would pay me - Travel the world with coworkers who I want to spend time with - Option to split compensation between salary and equity. - Employee focused - Can work on what you want as long as it provides value. Depending on the teams you're on, there are chores that can take up a bit of the day - Very flat organization
Lot to learn, things are constantly changing/evolving, prioritizing what's valuable can be tricky
- 5.0Jul 28, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
When I joined Expensify I was skeptical, every company claims to be employee-first and a “family” and it is almost never true. For years I waited for the rose colored glasses to come off, but they never did and I can truly say that this is a company wholly invested in helping their employees live their best lives. When they call themselves a flat company, they really mean it. Everyone is highly valued and opportunity abounds. The CEO is an engineer and still works alongside everyone else, he is respected colleague rather than a boss. Leadership is earned through a transparent pathway and no one is above pitching in with the daily tasks that keep keep Expensify running. You’re fully empowered to and supported to explore your passions and work on the things that interest you. There are very few barriers and you are encouraged and rewarded to share bold ideas and dip your toes into unfamiliar areas of the company or product. The benefits are life changing. We hire people from all over the world at a San Francisco salary, everyone gets a very generous cut of company stock. The company will sponsor your visa to live anywhere in the world, even if we don’t have an office there. Fully paid health coverage for your entire family, 9.5% match on 401k. Work remotely from anywhere, no one is beholden to a 9-5. This far surpasses any employee retention strategy, they do this because the company really is invested in your overall success and personal wellbeing. Our hiring strategy ensures that you are working with some of the smartest, most curious, humble, hard working and interesting people you will ever meet. I am amazed to say I genuinely like every single one of my colleagues.
Working at Expensify is not for everyone and can be chaotic if you are used to a more rigid structure. Nothing will be handed to you, you'll need to pave your own path and actively seek out the work that interests you. If it is the right environment for you, the flat structure is amazing. But the incredible amount of trust placed in employees and lack of a clear escalation path when things go wrong can sometimes result in personnel problems going undiagnosed for a long time.
- 5.0May 11, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsPortland, OR
Co-workers become friends, those friends become family. Expensify has a bold vision, flat structure, and competitive strategy for employee retention. I love working here.
Transitioning from a start-up to a public company is a new challenge!
- 5.0Nov 2, 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
• 100% work remote available • All expenses paid trips twice a year to go work together • Incredible offices/lounges to go work from • Daily allowance for meals (using Expensify) • Team that's more a family than coworkers
• Lots of directions, hard to navigate • Dated tech stack, no willingness to change
Expensify.com Reviews FAQs
Expensify.com has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 72 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at Expensify.com to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
93% of Expensify.com employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Expensify.com 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.