Experian Data Quality UK Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Facility manager"

Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Springfield Gardens, NY
    Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Springfield Gardens, NY

I have been working at Experian Data Quality UK (More than 8 years)

Pros

global corp.good benifits and culture

Cons

too many hours and not enough staff

Advice to Management

good

2. "Great culture, great opportunity to develop"

I have been working at Experian Data Quality UK full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're willing to work hard you can really develop here, I've had more opportunity to progress than in any other role I've been in. They actively encourage you to spend time with your team, providing free lunch at one of the local restaurants to encourage you to get away from your desk.

Cons

Our onboarding could be better, we need more structure and more introductions around the company

Advice to Management

Communication could be better, don't shy away from celebrating successes

3. "Great place to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experian Data Quality UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good culture and great people. Nice location and incredible benefits package. Free lunch once a week - yes please.

Cons

Nothing really to write home about apart from the fact that it's work of course

"Absolutly the worst experience of my life"

Former Employee - Teleprospector in Clapham, London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Teleprospector in Clapham, London, England (UK)

Pros

Free lunch once a week, but if your face doesn't fit you'll be eating this alone.

Cons

Very poor middle management. The only people who think they are doing a good job is themselves. Try to micromanage new staff who have more experience than them and have been bought in to drive change. Good luck with that one... No diversity and will never achieve it in this environment. If they tell you it's flexible working don't believe it as that is a blatant lie.

Advice to Management

Get rid of "sales operations" This role has no value, in fact it's of great detriment to the company.

"A good fast paced environment, with plenty of opportunity for progression."

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Experian Data Quality UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian is a FTSE 50 company, which has loads of opportunity for progression of you work hard. Contrary to many of the reviews on here you can be moved through quickly if you are willing to do the hard work and not expect things to fall on your lap.

Cons

Some of the middle management lacks experience but there are enough good outlets for support. Do not be swayed by what other smaller competitors are doing. In my time at the company we seem to have invested time/money in projects that never get off the ground.

Advice to Management

Review the structure of some teams and roles. In some cases, particularly operational/marketing, there are positions that hold no value and leave many asking what certain individuals do.

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clapham, London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Clapham, London, England (UK)

I worked at Experian Data Quality UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, good culture

Cons

Pay is terrible vs other companies for a similar sales role
    Management is poor and doesn't have the experience required to develop reps
    Little and no career path
    Lot's of red tape internally that do hinder sales reps hitting quota

Advice to Management

Hire experienced managers and take your competitors seriously

"Account Manager"

Pros

- Great people at operational level.
    - Free coke, weekly lunches out in Clapham and a good social scene.
    - It's a good name to have on the CV and a strong platform into better companies.

Cons

- EDQ have by far the worst management team I've ever seen - but don't just take my word for it, there's a running trend in these reviews and should be a massive red flag to any prospects.
    - Completely unethical: No price list, which means they'll qualify you and then make it up based on your likely spend -- or as they'd say, "consultative pricing".
    - Relatively poor pay
    - Favouritism is rife - only the brown-nosers will get the best territories. You don't really want any of the others, since they've probably had 4 Account Managers in the past year due to staff turnover.
    - Archaic, uninspiring products which hold barely any value in today's market.
    - It doesn't matter how over target you are, you're still under-performing. They can't give you too good a review on your appraisals because it will strengthen your case towards a pay-rise - god forbid.
    - Egos. Massive egos everywhere.
    - Ancient, cringey sales training methodology

Advice to Management

You're best off staying there, because you won't be the right fit for any of the more progressive players.

"Horrible, hostile environment and archaic software"

Pros

- Having a FTSE50 company on the CV will carry some weight.
    - Free lunch once a week in 1 of 3 restaurants.

Cons

Despite reading all the negative reviews before I joined, I took them with a pinch of salt and thought it was mostly just people being bitter. I soon found pretty much ALL the negative comments on here to be true. Lots of brown-nosers, customers despise you due to you constantly ripping them off and archaic / out-of-date software. In sales the number comes above everything, including customer satisfaction and future business - they fully expect you to screw over customers and destroy relationships in order to hit monthly targets.

Retention rate is shocking due to a lot of people realising quickly this is not an enjoyable place to work, hence why a lot of people leave within a year. In core sales, success depends entirely on the accounts you get given and most newbies get the accounts no one else wants to touch and most of those customers don't want to touch EDQ, so it's no surprise many leave within a year.

They've also done a poor job of integrating the X88 Pandora business into EDQ. This is clearly the future of the business, but only a few can sell it.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Experian Data Quality UK full-time

Pros

People, development opportunities, manage your own career, high expectations make you work to the best of your ability, good work life balance, care and thought for hardworking employees.

Cons

pay not always the best but a lot of work is done to improve this.

"My worst job, surprisingly middle management has no experience"

I worked at Experian Data Quality UK full-time

Pros

free coke in fridges, and a free team lunch every week

Cons

They recruit you knowing your skill set against a particular job specification and then they will make you do something else. At the end of the day without prior discussion you manager says you are under performing. The company lacks a global culture and mid management experience is completely zero. I would never recommend anyone to work for this organisation. It was the biggest career mistake I could make.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognise talent. If you call yourself a global organisation then turn to one .