Experian Data Quality US Reviews in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

2.8
Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz
Thomas Schutz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sky is the limit if you are willing to put the work in (in 7 reviews)

• The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 9 reviews)

• relatively high turnover of staff (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good culture, high turnover"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, and great culture

Cons

Young employee base has high turnover
    Benefits are good, but compensation can be below market

"Revolving door unable to retain talent"

Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Experian brand
    work/life balance (read: employees work 8-5, strictly)
    occasional happy hour

Cons

lacks leadership, at all levels
    poor management
    lacks process
    little to zero innovation (product or process)
    consistently high turnover
    a number of shady situation where sales has sold something but management hasnt properly paid out
    products are decent but far from sustainable

Advice to Management

stop doing what you've been doing for years and get a fresh perspective. Listen to the feedback of your employees. Dont be blindly driven by hitting EBITA.

"No trust in employees, extremely toxic environment"

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

I can't think of a pro about this place. I guess the location is good if you live in the city.

Cons

Unless you want to be treated like a child and be disrespected every single day, I suggest you run, and run fast and far away. This place doesn't have any trust in their employees or understand that life happens outside of work. Family stuff and doctors appointments happen, but this place doesn't care or seem to get that. Additionally, you must work 9+ hours a day. If you leave one minute before that, you will get yelled at. They also hold mandatory end of month meetings AFTER hours, so on top of your 9 hour day you must stay for these, or again, you will get yelled at like a child. Some of us have families and children we must get home to, but this place doesn't care. I've never seen such an inflexible place of employment in my entire career.

I've never felt so untrusted in my entire career. I always felt like I was being watched. Also a very catty and toxic environment, which starts at the director level and above. I'm well into my career and have never experienced people questioning my integrity until I got to EDQ. In fact, all of my previous employers have always tried to counter me when I gave my notice, so to be treated like a child at this place really says something. I've literally seen so much turnover in my life at one company in such a short amount of time.

My advice is not to take a job here, even if you're incredibly desperate. Something else will come along! It's not worth the distress.

Advice to Management

Give your director level and above management more training on how to properly manage employees. Instead of babysitting your employees, have trust in them. Maybe you'll start to see less turnover.

"A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian Data Quality has a strong culture and offers employees a great opportunity to succeed. The organization thrives on collaboration and continuously pushes employees to embrace development opportunities. The market for data quality software is also growing and EDQ is positioned to succeed now and in the future.

Cons

The data quality market can be complex and success, especially in a sales role, requires individuals to embrace the complexity and learn at a rapid rate. However, this can also be seen as a pro, as the organization offers extensive training materials and opportunities and is supportive of personal development. Great accessibility to public transportation via South Station, but parking on-site can be expensive.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting from within and aligning EDQ with the greater Experian to drive further cross-company collaboration and product synergies.

"Opportunities for growth for those who work for it"

Former Employee - Manager of Sales Engineering, Professional Services in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian Data Quality is a fast-paced, high-growth company that is willing to take a risk on good talent in new positions, making it the ideal company for those looking to start or further their career in the enterprise / SaaS software and services space. The expose you'll get in every position to the operations of a world-class corporate software provider is unparalleled; if you're looking to grow your business acumen and willing to put in the work, this is the place to do it.

Complementary to this, EDQ still maintains a young, fun culture with numerous events, employee improvement sessions (career planning, public speaking, technical training) and options for charitable work.

Senior management is highlighted in areas with extremely strong talent that is as concerned with your personal growth as much as the growth of the company, leading to endless stories of individual contributors taking their first management roles here, and progressing through the ranks.

In addition, the structure of the company isn't set in stone. In my 3 years at EDQ, I saw more than 5 individuals step into roles that didn't previously exist, due to expressed interest in creation of the role or justification in business need and a match to a skill-set.

Overall, this makes EDQ an unbelievable place to be if you have aspirations of quickly growing yourself, your skills, and your career.

Cons

As with any quick growing SaaS company, the work / life balance leans to the former in certain positions, with the caveat that this is often self-induced for career or growth-driven individuals. This can be remedied through better time management or a talk-track with your manager but it's easy to fall into the "I can do everything" mindset as management will let you take on the world once you're proven.

Advice to Management

The greatest ideas come from high-aptitude / high-impact individual contributors. These are the individuals on the front lines, talking with our customers in pre-sales, support, and at conferences / trade shows. With the right coaching from line / Senior Management, these ideas are critical in shaping products, process, and people and achieving continued success, and need to be actioned on to survive.

"More Turnover Than a restaurant"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Can Make decent money as an inside sales rep or account manager
    - Solutions are pretty cool

Cons

- Experian Data Quality is the forgotten child of Experian -- other business units don't respect EDQ
    - Way too much turnover
    - No identity: startup or corporation?
    - Terrible leaders that are short sighted

Advice to Management

Fix the staffing issues. 100% turnover in 2 years. We get that management care about EBIT but sales doesn't get paid on EBIT. Find a common ground.

"Account Management"

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time

Pros

Beer Friday
    Office location is great
    Good heath plan

Cons

I don't even know where to begin. The place has gone massively downhill over the past few years. Most of the once-tenured people have all departed. The writing's on the wall - even new hires are quitting one, two, three months in. Most of the change stems from a poorly executed shift in business strategy & the new director is running the business into the ground. Most importantly, the product use-case is niche, it's littered with bugs and the development team has done nothing to remedy the issues. If you enjoy being a hamster and running in a wheel everyday, then this is the place for you. You'll never stop running, and once you do, you'll realize you haven't moved.

Advice to Management

Seek advice / help on strategy & invest in training. Stop being motivated on your bonuses and money and more on the success of company / product.

"Not bad, but could be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Very good culture - high energy, lots of people who truly care about the company. Strong business model. Lots of opportunity for quick career growth for those willing to put the effort in. Great example of a 'work hard play hard' company. More than fair compensation compared to the market, at least in my role.

Cons

Senior leadership in general is poor (there are some exceptions, in marketing and account management specifically). Inconsistent communication to the business as a whole. The product itself is extremely weak and overpriced, and the product team is very resistant to taking any sort of critical feedback to improve the product set, and *extremely* slow to bring anything new to market.

Advice to Management

Don't bad mouth employees to other people in the business - it is a very tight-knit group and word gets around very quickly. The GM has been known to bash almost everyone in the company at some point. Be more decisive with the direction of the company, and find a way to retain our best people - we are quickly losing all of our best talent and no one seems to think it's an issue. People here want this company to be great, and will stay for the long haul if we see better leadership and a clear direction.

"Great Company culture and values"

Current Employee - Massachusetts in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Massachusetts in Boston, MA

Pros

Great young company culture
    Rapid Growth
    Opportunities for career growth if you work hard

Cons

Very Sales Focused and employee turnover

"PCAM"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Good account management team. Nice/collaborative/friendly people to work with

Cons

horrible sales culture split between acquisition sales and expansion sales which leads to poaching and negative politics internally where VP levels are making under the table deals to recognize revenue from another team and pay back revenue in future months and quarters. This however will not even out for contributors

Advice to Management

figure out a rel sales engagement guideline for true land and expand