Experian Data Quality US Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Data Quality US Reviews

Updated May 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work with great people and really live the "work hard/play hard" saying (in 10 reviews)

• Sky is the limit if you are willing to put the work in (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 9 reviews)

• I'm well into my career and have never experienced people questioning my integrity until I got to EDQ (in 3 reviews)

"Good people, good starting point, HORRIFIC management."

Former Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is an extremely fast paced environment where there is potential to learn a lot. You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

Cons

ABSOLOUTELY HORRIBLE PAY STRUCTURE. NEAR MINIMUM WAGE. BE WARNED! You are required to conform to their standards of potential promotion and training, regardless of your prior experience. Management tries to reach you with intimidation tactics, not ideal!

Advice to Management

Enough with the intimidation tactics. Management at a low level should not just be anyone.

"great business and technology, horrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, low responsibility and fast paced environment

Cons

low pay, micromanagement, unprofessional practices, lack of respect for anything other than the $. check in, check out and in between just do what you're told during the strict office hours of 8 to 5, and you'll be fine and eligible for many drinks on the house.

if you're really curious about this company, check out the glassdoor reviews. senior management rushed to post positive reviews in 2013 to counter negative ratings. once those positive reviews were posted, the company was given some standing in glassdoor among the best 50 companies in boston to work for and then management used that standing to advertize that the company is great to work for.

Advice to Management

start appreciating human capital (other than yourselves). it's worth investing in good people.
    if your model is to hire inexperienced people, pay them little and train them in-house, then take it seriously.

set an example by removing senior management members that are not conducive to team and business growth. their career is not more important than the company atmosphere and environment. take a hard look at their metrics just as you do individual contributors. ask yourselves if they are the right people to train and mentor others.

3. "Experian QAS is a dynamic company with major opportunity for motivated employees."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some reviews mention that this is a place to "start your career" - for me, it's where I've had the opportunity to accelerate the career I knew I wanted.

Experian QAS is a company that has high expectations of employees and looks to hire bright, motivated individuals willing to put the work in to advance their career. At every turning point over the past 4 years, I've been rewarded for my hard work with the next opportunity, including more responsibility, more strategic projects and immense exposure to how a business is run.

The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team. People are friendly, and like having fun. You can be as involved as you want in this - for some people, QAS is their social circle; others only attend a couple of events a year. There are lots of ways to get involved at all levels - through committees, community service activities, or casual get togethers.

When I started 4 years ago, it was a pretty formal, rigid place to work. However, over the past 18 months, we've made major changes, like switching to casual dress code and creating more flexible hours and work from home arrangements. Personally, this makes me feel like the senior management team really listens to employees, and will make the necessary changes to respond to employee needs.

Cons

This can be an intense place to work - expectations are high, and we often try to do many things at once. For me, those aspects keep me engaged and challenged, but it can be overwhelming for people who prefer a slower pace.

Things change often - frequently without a lot of preparation and/or communication.

Advice to Management

Take the time to articulate the strategic vision to get employees on board early on. And make sure to highlight their role in the current and future strategy and how their work impacts the overall results the company is looking to achieve.

5. "Great place to start your career"

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, QAS is a great place to begin your career. If you do not know 'what you want to be when you grow up,' this place gives you opportunities that many other companies do not.

Great training for new employees
    Opportunity to create a role that fits your long-term plans
    Ability to be involved in projects that you may not have the same opportunity as a young employee at another company
    Great benefits
    Growing company so there are a lot of changes happening that you can be involved in
    Direct management really cares about your personal development and wants to see you succeed
    The people - I thoroughly enjoy everyone that I work with. Teamwork here is amazing and everyone generally cares about helping each other.

Cons

While there is large opportunity to make changes, those changes generally take a long time to happen.
    Do not seem to care about retaining employees for a long period of time. There is very much a stigma that this is a place to begin your career and that is it.
    Little flexibility for employees - very much an 8-5 place. If you arrive at 8:02, you're late. There is some flexibility for work from home, flex time, doctors appointments, etc. but everything needs to be booked in advance which doesn't seem very flexible.

Advice to Management

Try to focus more on the current talent you have and convince them to stay. Too many valued employees are leaving and it doesn't seem to be a focus. Listen to what your employees have to say about their perception of what type of company QAS is and try and change the negative - survey results are only useful if you do something with it.

6. "Fantastic place to start and grow your career"

Current Employee - Director of Client Retention in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director of Client Retention in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Unlimited opportunity if you are willing to put in the work - Other reviews have stated this but it can't be emphasized enough. The company demands a lot from employees in order to meet its growth objectives. The benefit to those who contribute and succeed is personal growth in the form of as much responsibility as you want/can handle.
    2. Ability to make a real impact - This includes both areas within an employee's immediate role and across the business. Whether it is coming up with a better way of doing things or being a member of one of the various employee committees (Social Responsibility, Pulse Employee feedback) all employees have the chance to make an impact.
    3. Culture - This company knows how to have fun - employees can take as much or as little advantage of the social aspects as they like.
    Overall - This is a rewarding place to work but it is not always comfortable - there is often change and uncertainty from being a growing company.

Cons

Due to the fast pace the company frequently tries to do too many things at once – this can cloud the company direction and confuse employees.

Advice to Management

Put out more consistent communication from the top down where company vision/direction is concerned and be disciplined about sticking to a few key objectives.

7. "Not a place to call home"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

8-5 job, lots of alcohol, simple straightforward work in any position, lots of partying. If you're good at all of these you can get relatively easily promoted.

Cons

Culture fosters: immaturity and lack of creativity/accountability, hostility among employees, lack of collaboration other than to win a sale, lack of ownership, high employee turnover and frustration, salary far below market.

Advice to Management

It's time to evaluate whether the strong sales culture truly benefits the company long term. Time to evaluate whether it should really take years to build a stable team in every department. Maybe time to add responsibility to the sales culture as a company value.

8. "Started my career at this company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees, culture, perks, nice office, potential for some great products to sell, employee development, office locations, exposure to lots of different areas of business.

Cons

High turnover of employees - especially in sales, lots of tension between sales and marketing, lots of bottlenecks in the IT/pre-sales/customer implementation processes, slow go-to-market strategy for newest/coolest products.

Advice to Management

Expedite the process of ditching older, less revenue generating products and put more focus on newest products (Prospect IQ). Metric sales management on training reinforcement - lots of tactics are only visible on the floor about a week or two after trainer leaves. Focus on developing younger employees further.

9. "Potential for personal and professional development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Truly open door policy with management
    -Potential to create your own role (if business benefit can be proven)
    -Focus on personal and professional development
    -Collaborative and fun atmosphere
    -Management and senior management have high expectations of all employees and are committed to having those expectations met

Cons

-Pay is fair (could be slightly higher)
    -Long hours

Advice to Management

Keep thinking of innovative ways to keep our company moving forward. Saas (Software as a Service) is no longer new and cutting edge. We need to keep pushing the boundaries so that we do not become eclipsed by competitors or new challengers in the market (think of Google's capabilities) PS the Manager of Customer Experience may be one of your most valuable assets.

"Don't Work in Tech Support!!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the social aspect of the company and that most people are in their 20s and 30s. It's a generally fun place to work.

Cons

Terrible pay; horrible tech support manager; no respect from anyone; would rather you leave the company than give you a raise or promote you. You work hard and do extra (working in two positions at the company for barely any money) and they don't appreciate you at all. In their eyes, even the best employee is replaceable. Also, you have no life- I worked 7am until at least 5pm (sometimes 13 hour days) and really never got to have a life.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to hire new people all the time and invest your time and money on the people you currently have instead. Why keep bringing in new people when you can keep the good ones and just compensate them more fairly??

"Priorities all wrong"

Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Business Development Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really hard to think of any.
    Maybe the 50cent soda machine?

Cons

Managers are inexperienced
    Micro management at its finest
    Absolutely no work/life balance
    Walk in 15 seconds late expect to be spoken to, but they will not remember the 3 extra hours you worked the night before
    If you are not in sales, do not expect any recognition

Advice to Management

Learn how to keep your good talent, as it walks right out the door due to the petty micro managing
    Flex time does not mean you have to give 48hrs notice to come in 30minutes late!!