Experian Data Quality US Services Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Experian Data Quality US SVP & General Manager Thomas Schutz
Thomas Schutz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Sky is the limit if you are willing to put the work in (in 7 reviews)

• The culture is something I really enjoy - the core values are real and important to the senior management team (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life balance was empasized but not practiced (in 9 reviews)

• relatively high turnover of staff (in 3 reviews)

"Opportunities for growth for those who work for it"

Former Employee - Manager of Sales Engineering, Professional Services in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Experian Data Quality is a fast-paced, high-growth company that is willing to take a risk on good talent in new positions, making it the ideal company for those looking to start or further their career in the enterprise / SaaS software and services space. The expose you'll get in every position to the operations of a world-class corporate software provider is unparalleled; if you're looking to grow your business acumen and willing to put in the work, this is the place to do it.

Complementary to this, EDQ still maintains a young, fun culture with numerous events, employee improvement sessions (career planning, public speaking, technical training) and options for charitable work.

Senior management is highlighted in areas with extremely strong talent that is as concerned with your personal growth as much as the growth of the company, leading to endless stories of individual contributors taking their first management roles here, and progressing through the ranks.

In addition, the structure of the company isn't set in stone. In my 3 years at EDQ, I saw more than 5 individuals step into roles that didn't previously exist, due to expressed interest in creation of the role or justification in business need and a match to a skill-set.

Overall, this makes EDQ an unbelievable place to be if you have aspirations of quickly growing yourself, your skills, and your career.

Cons

As with any quick growing SaaS company, the work / life balance leans to the former in certain positions, with the caveat that this is often self-induced for career or growth-driven individuals. This can be remedied through better time management or a talk-track with your manager but it's easy to fall into the "I can do everything" mindset as management will let you take on the world once you're proven.

Advice to Management

The greatest ideas come from high-aptitude / high-impact individual contributors. These are the individuals on the front lines, talking with our customers in pre-sales, support, and at conferences / trade shows. With the right coaching from line / Senior Management, these ideas are critical in shaping products, process, and people and achieving continued success, and need to be actioned on to survive.

"Great people, benefits and opportunities for growth"

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Experian Data Quality US full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Commitment to the committed. If you are willing to put in the time and energy here, you can expect a lot in return.
    -Career development training. They do an excellent job at providing training opportunities for management and staff.
    -The people. For the most part, it's a close knit-group of people that work hard and play hard together - and they do it well. Also, most people are genuinely good people, which is pretty hard to find these days.
    -Professional Services and Customer Account Managers are top of their game. They manage well and have an obvious desire to want to make QAS great for customers and employees. Employees can learn a lot from them.
    -The benefits. You'll be hard pressed to find 3-4 weeks vacation and low-cost HMO plan out there. Having a family, this was a huge bonus for me.
    -It's fun. Between monthly celebrations awarding and recognizing success stories, to quarterly team outings, volunteering, annual christmas party and impromptu drinks after a long day - it's a fun place to work (I was pregnant most of my QAS tenure and still enjoyed after work gatherings with the team).
    The only reason I left QAS was that I had a terrible commute and also decided to work part-time closer to home due to expecting my second child. Otherwise, I would not have left.

Cons

-Strict start time. The 8:00 sharp start time was a struggle for me and others. While I can appreciate the need for everyone to arrive on time, I believed the strict start time was a bit much (particularly as it was expected for most to work past 5 and most commuted on the T - which isn't always dependable).
    -Product Training. Product-level explanations could be better (particularly for those without software/hardware experience - like me).

Advice to Management

Beef up the training program a bit. Try to ignore the tardiness of folks arriving between 8:00-8:10 (particularly for top performers).