Experian Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Seeley

Pros
  • People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with many years of experience in the industry (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, overtime work not recognized (in 10 reviews)

• Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart colleagues. Global company. Unlimited opportunities. I really like my team and manager. The senior management is solid and there is high competitive pay.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Big company so I don't know everyone but we have a nice office in downtown near Wallstreet.

"Stale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's very encouraging that this company got sold. Management has been resting on its laurels, passive and doing nothing but b..sssing the market for a very long time

Cons

Lots. Immature, inexperienced and overly emotional management in client service. No linkage between technology leadership and client work. Poor strategic vision from the top

Advice to Management

The new private equity owners should bring in completely new management team and push the reset button

3. "Great Company, fair compensation."

Current Employee - Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional organization and redpectful. Freedom to innovate and come up with new ways of doing things. Flexible work schedule. Rare instances of micro-managing but depends on your group/manager.

Cons

Constant change and downsizing. Can be clique. New technology training opportunities are limited. Limited internal mobility. You can easily plateau professionally.

Advice to Management

None at the moment

"Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent salary, good benefits. Used to have the smartest and hardest employees in the the industry.

Cons

- Demoralized tech staff
    - If you are not in the inner circle you have zero career progression
    - Managers move up by running smear campaigns against others
    - Managers will straight up lie to CYA
    - New motto is "We fix problems by reorganization"

Advice to Management

For top level management don't accept information at face value ask for proof. Your management and their inner circle is playing the perception game.

"Company is failing apart"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive salary, good 401k matching, moderate paid vacation

Cons

Lack of vision, direction, policy from upper management. Too much politics, massive layoff, which created a depressed working environment.

Advice to Management

The ship is sinking. Need to get rid of the COO, or sell the company.

"Sinking ship that's already sunk"

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Benefits are up to normal standards. Once was a great place to work.

Cons

The platform is a disaster. Customers are fleeing. HR works for the company and not the employee.

Advice to Management

Value your employees and sell to someone who might fix the disastrous platform.

"Hoping that 2017 is a rebuilding year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Interesting mix of clients, good benefits and work-life balance. Dynamic company and industry with new opportunities coming up all the time. New branding is a welcome step in the right direction.

Cons

Dysfunctional management culture brought on by frequent re-orgs, cost-cutting moves, and internal struggles over resources. Accounting and management functions have lagged behind functional changes in organization. Lack of trust among internal groups is causing an already-overworked staff to spend time trying to protect their own interests from perceived internal competition. Customer satisfaction from long-term, high-revenue clients is suffering despite high net-promoter ratings overall.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to the cultural side effects of all those reorgs and budget cuts. I wonder if you notice the sense of cynicism that has begun to take hold within the organization as remaining staffers become fatigued and demoralized. There will be long-term consequences to the orgamization's effectiveness.

"Went from one of the best places I've worked at to the worst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well if upper management likes you.

Cons

Political atmosphere, office is divided, constant smear tactics by senior managers to make any dissenters look bad. Lost a lot of talent due to this. Constant re-orgs, quarterly/monthly layoffs, incompetent and insecure management. Complete lack of integrity by senior leadership.

Advice to Management

It's too late anyway.

"Software Development Developer Lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Team, Vacation, Holidays, Profit Sharing

Cons

Small raises, Limited promotion possibilities

"If you can dream it, you can live it..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My favorite thing about working for Experian Marketing Services (EMS), is that they value great ideas. If I have an idea that will help the business and sell it to leadership - they will do whatever they can to support the success of it. You just have to be willing to put in the work.

Moreover, I work with a wonderful group of people who are always there to help out. I never believed I'd work in a place where there "one" person was missing - that "one" who always brings people down. down. I don't sit in the same office as any of my immediate team, but it feels like they are there with me everyday.

My manager(s) truly care about my development and I've been assigned a mentor to help me grow myself and navigate the challenges my role requires. It's proven to be very valuable. I recently was given a promotion with new challenges and was my 4th promotion in under 5 years. It shows EMS follows through with Career Development.

Cons

As an employee working here, you have to be okay with lots of change and consistently changing demands. And be willing to do more with less - and be efficient as possible. Management definitely recognizes this challenge and is accommodating when real life may get in the way.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent with messaging and communications. I think any negativity that comes out is often created by calling audibles at the last minute after a lot of work has been put into any given project. People really dislike putting in work and then having the light shut off on the project. And consistent communication to middle management so they do not contradict direction.