Experian Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Marketing Services Reviews

Updated March 25, 2017

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Seeley

Pros
  • People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with many years of experience in the industry (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, overtime work not recognized (in 10 reviews)

• Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked (in 16 reviews)

"Hoping that 2017 is a rebuilding year."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Interesting mix of clients, good benefits and work-life balance. Dynamic company and industry with new opportunities coming up all the time. New branding is a welcome step in the right direction.

Cons

Dysfunctional management culture brought on by frequent re-orgs, cost-cutting moves, and internal struggles over resources. Accounting and management functions have lagged behind functional changes in organization. Lack of trust among internal groups is causing an already-overworked staff to spend time trying to protect their own interests from perceived internal competition. Customer satisfaction from long-term, high-revenue clients is suffering despite high net-promoter ratings overall.

Advice to Management

Please pay attention to the cultural side effects of all those reorgs and budget cuts. I wonder if you notice the sense of cynicism that has begun to take hold within the organization as remaining staffers become fatigued and demoralized. There will be long-term consequences to the orgamization's effectiveness.

2. "Software Development Developer Lead"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Team, Vacation, Holidays, Profit Sharing

Cons

Small raises, Limited promotion possibilities

"Leaders with a clear vision needed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

There is a good culture and work/life balance. The work itself is interesting and not very stressful. The coworkers are always willing to help and share the knowledge.

Cons

The upper management doesn't seem to be competent enough to have a clear vision for the future. It seems that every new top level executive tries to implement their vision of where the company should head without being questioned about the decisions they are making. This results in a bumpy road and constant direction swings.

Advice to Management

Leadership, in the true meaning of the word, is what you're lacking.

5. "."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Great people, exposure to senior leadership, a lot of autonomy, great resources, and network within Experian. I have had the privilege to work with really talented and intelligent people.

Cons

A lot of change over the last couple of years. However, with new leadership in place, I think we can break down barriers and move successfully into the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate. This was the first year, in a while, that we are hearing from our leaders on a consistent basis, let's keep the momentum!!

6. "Very flexible work environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian Marketing Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Very flexible work environment/work from home
    * For the most part, the people you work with are very nice and most people get along
    * Trying to push digital platforms instead of legacy DM products
    * Pay is somewhat competitive. Benefits (Insurance) is pretty good, although has increased the past few years
    * Company matches 401K up to 4%

Cons

* Constant re-organizations
    * Constant changes in Sr Mgmt
    * Bonus payout is very small
    * Behind the times in internal working platform and slow moving to react to the digital and email space
    * Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked.

Advice to Management

Not sure. There is a contact changing of Sr level management that you can't keep track of who is in charge.

"Not fast enough and all the good people are leaving"

Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We finally have a story that seems to be resonating but haven't committed to delivering on it and many in leadership positions aren't completely bought in which explains a lot about our lack of progress in any one direction.

Cons

There was once an opportunity to be something greater than we are but with a lack of support, investment and real technology prowess- we lost our way. The top leadership are all gone and the last one and our biggest cheerleader left after the client summit with no forewarning. Not sure what to make of this except we're left with subpar management and no real vision to compete.

Advice to Management

Invest or divest.

8. "So much potential"

Former Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Development Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great bunch of people- super smart, super approachable, motivated to understand business issues

Cons

Management team has little to no experience in managing people. My manager was the most micro-managing person I've ever met, and had no formal training in management. Super-political organization too. Also, as with most large companies, there is a constant stream of acquisitions and internal mergers which makes for a very unstable environment

Advice to Management

You had a great bunch of people who have all left in the last year or so. You're never going to succeed with all of the resources you have with that kind of turnover.

"Good company, great group"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

Pros

Benefits are great. Great personal relationships built over time with co-workers as well as clients. Good team collaboration.

Cons

Furloughs, reorgs and layoffs. Company will do anything to make the numbers work and allow talent to walk out the door. No clear direction for those staying on board.

Advice to Management

current management should look to re-org structures that failed miserably in the past to avoid the same mistakes....instead of repeating them.

10. "It's ok, a lot of turnover"

Former Freelancer - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Freelancer - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services (More than a year)

Pros

Very laid back office. Co-workers are friendly and you can receive help from the employees who were in your position before.

Cons

Lack of communication from supervisor and management. You are included in whats going on within the company, it is always last minute. I noticed people come and go a lot, So not sure what that says about the company. When I was there, there were a lot of layoffs.

Advice to Management

Please communicate with your employees more often. I know sometimes as people we forget things but chances are you have the paperwork we sent you weeks ago.

11. "Good company going through rough period"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay. Bagels on Wednesdays.

Cons

Best in class client services team was heavily diminished, leads to large losses of clients.

Advice to Management

Retain and promote the best employees, or invest in the heart of the company - the talent. Clients will return.