Experian Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 21, 2017

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Seeley

Pros
  • People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with many years of experience in the industry (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, overtime work not recognized (in 10 reviews)

• Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart colleagues. Global company. Unlimited opportunities. I really like my team and manager. The senior management is solid and there is high competitive pay.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Big company so I don't know everyone but we have a nice office in downtown near Wallstreet.

"If you can dream it, you can live it..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My favorite thing about working for Experian Marketing Services (EMS), is that they value great ideas. If I have an idea that will help the business and sell it to leadership - they will do whatever they can to support the success of it. You just have to be willing to put in the work.

Moreover, I work with a wonderful group of people who are always there to help out. I never believed I'd work in a place where there "one" person was missing - that "one" who always brings people down. down. I don't sit in the same office as any of my immediate team, but it feels like they are there with me everyday.

My manager(s) truly care about my development and I've been assigned a mentor to help me grow myself and navigate the challenges my role requires. It's proven to be very valuable. I recently was given a promotion with new challenges and was my 4th promotion in under 5 years. It shows EMS follows through with Career Development.

Cons

As an employee working here, you have to be okay with lots of change and consistently changing demands. And be willing to do more with less - and be efficient as possible. Management definitely recognizes this challenge and is accommodating when real life may get in the way.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent with messaging and communications. I think any negativity that comes out is often created by calling audibles at the last minute after a lot of work has been put into any given project. People really dislike putting in work and then having the light shut off on the project. And consistent communication to middle management so they do not contradict direction.

3. "This is the Place to be!"

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

All Businesses go thru changes and turns – Experian Marketing Services s going in an upward direction!
    Inspired to learn about the globalization strategy and vision. The Management Team gets it on what is needed to execute. Very exciting time to be on-board and glad to be part of the opportunity ahead.

Cons

None - happy to be part of this business

Advice to Management

Glad to see the continued open lines of communication

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Benefits are amazing; good work/life balance; lots of locations to work in due to it being a global org; good philanthropic endeavours to be a part of; promote learning / education

Cons

Reorganize every year - vision keeps changing and hard to get clear communication from Sr. Management.

6. "Very Good Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working for Experian Marketing Services for 3+ years now. I've had the opportunity to work with leaders across this organization and can honestly say they are committed to this organization, the employees, our clients and they working hard to continuously drive the business forward. The employees overall are really committed and are a fun group to work with. I also see there are a lot of opportunities to grow and move up within the organization if you are really dedicated. The compensation and benefits are good as well.

Cons

Improve the maternity, paternity, and adoption leave benefits

Advice to Management

Keep the communications coming from the top of the organization down. I particularly like the #Suitebreaks - at which senior leaders speak informally regarding client successes and speak of where they see the company heading w/employees in a very casual & relaxed atmosphere. It encourages employees to get to know their leaders and ask any questions they might have.

7. "Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to take on new challenges and drive growth for clients and individual career

Cons

Offices could be refreshed or improved- modernize the work environment

8. "Great Company, getting stronger and faster..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership team and very committed people environment. Solid strategy and execution engine. People who really care about the customer, the financial health of the business and more importantly progressing people in the organization . I work on the 6th floor and see happy faces, this tells you a lot about the organization. We have a new North American EVP who is really bringing great leadership to our business. Great benefits and pay, total package is very competitive

Cons

Need better integration with technology partners to make sure we are delivering a better customer experience.

Advice to Management

Keep driving strong momentum, and advocate across groups to solve challenges

9. "Experian Product Training"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

I work with smart people who care about what they do and know how to work hard and communicate well. I've been impressed since my first day with how well my team works collaboratively and actively reaches out to ensure all ideas and opinions are heard. My work is appropriately challenging, varied, and interesting, but my team also takes care to make sure that everyone has an acceptable work-life balance. I feel supported on my path for professional development and look forward to continuing to grow my career at Experian.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report. The organization is large and is working to make collaboration among teams more formalized and less ad hoc. They are moving in the right direction. I would like to see more opportunities for getting to know people outside of my environment.

10. "Leading the way in data driven marketing platforms"

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

State of the art product that allows marketers to take a data driven approach to customer and prospect communications. Leaders with a clear vision and industry expertise. Culture that values employees and fosters innovation and career growth. Employees are empowered to make decisions and drive the future of the company.

Cons

Could use more investment to fund product initiatives. Need tighter integration into Experian services and products from other divisions. Broader Experian is regionally focused; continue recent EMS restructuring to global business to best serve a customers worldwide needs.

Advice to Management

Take more risk and invest heavily in your vision. We have all the assets to be #1 in the marketplace.

11. "Technology Team Rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Company works on a global software platform at a scale that's a great challenge - comp sci problems! Cool stuff.
    Get to work with big brand names, airlines and hotels as clients - if you want to do something relevant, it doesn't get better than this
    Team has focused now on Hadoop ecosystem and solving our challenges and customer asks via that stack. Lots of learning opportunities
    CTO and leadership is great - totally revamped in the last 2 years - focused on technology but also take people development seriously (for example, we all have career development plans that our managers are held accountable for)
    Great people - not a lot of politics in the tech team itself - everyone is willing to help

Cons

Lots of change - in one way, company has the courage to make a change; in another, we need to be still long enough to learn if something is learning. Not all really impact us at the engineer level so that's cool.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - a people and customer-focused technology team is great. Keep taking care of and and recognizing techies.