Experian Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Seeley

Pros
  • People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with many years of experience in the industry (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really smart colleagues. Global company. Unlimited opportunities. I really like my team and manager. The senior management is solid and there is high competitive pay.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. Big company so I don't know everyone but we have a nice office in downtown near Wallstreet.

2. "Very Profitable, Starting to figure out the transition..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great Corporate Culture, Fun perks, Very profitable, Great Client List, Good benefits, Filled with people who care about the company and want to improve it.

Cons

There has been a lot of change in transitioning from a start up to a business unit of Experian. Company seems to be learning from their mistakes and management is making a concerted effort to gather feedback and move on actions to explain that being a part of Experian has it's benefits as well as drawbacks.

Advice to Management

Continue to involve your employees in weighing important decisions, and be honest with where improvements need to be made.

3. "This is a positive, engaging, and supportive company."

Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Implementation Lead in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job is challenging and rewarding and I have learned a tremendous amount about internet technologies, project management, client relationship service, marketing fundamentals and so much more. Tons of opportunity and room for growth.

Cons

email marketing can be seen as spammy by your friends. The workload can come and go in waves so sometimes you're not super busy while other times it's a lot of late nights. Still, I rarely work past 7:30 and most nights I'm out right at 6-630.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Partner in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and Good Economic growth despite declining economy

Cons

Focus on Client growth despite fulfillment Challenges

Advice to Management

Focus on employee tools and growth

6. "Great place to be -- so happy to have joined the team"

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible work hours
    laid back dress
    very friendly environment
    have the ability to be heard by management
    Support of a very large brand that is tuned-in to its employees

Cons

Location is not the best
    The nature of the supported products lends itself to not being overly innovative. Still, I think you can get a lot of your role if you put time/effort into it.
    There are some folks who have been here forever and who are very hesitant to change what they've always done.

7. "Solid people, supportive environment, great place to work!"

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive environment
    Great people (sounds cheesy, but really, great work ethics and nice people overall)
    Career progression prospects
    Compensation and Benefits package

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that sometimes due to compliance and size you need to jump through the hoops to get the tools you need but this comes with the size

Advice to Management

Keep on establishing the culture of one EMS!

"Great company - good benefits"

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Leadership of EMS seems to be going in the right direction, growth opportunities, they recognize employees who perform above average levels. Great place to work if you like challenges.

Cons

Lots of long tenured staff that are sometimes very resistant to change, makes it very hard to push through new ideas quickly. Can sometimes get lost in the clutter of a large organization and makes it hard to stand out.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the new marketing frontiers

"Keep It Up!"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work - management in Marketing Services is very conscious of a home/work balance. Management supports their employees and encourages career growth. Lots of great benefits: fantastic insurance prices, 401K matching, lots of vacation & holidays. There is exciting & engaging work in developing markets for those who actively pursue it. I think the company has a bright future & am excited to be on board!

Cons

I can't say I would have written this review in 2010 when everyone was just glad to have a job, but this company puts their money where their mouth is and invests in it's employees - as business gets better, so do the benefits. The only thing I'd like to see more of is more formal training programs and certifications for those outside the sales organization.

Advice to Management

Please consider providing additional training and support to those with roles in struggling sectors to help them successfully transition into new, more relevant roles as those departments scale back, rather than losing the talent and dedication of long-time employees.

10. "Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good. Leadership are making better decisions.

Cons

EMS needs flexibility to do things differently than Experian, we are not a credit company.

Advice to Management

Make sure you articulate your vision and strategy well.

11. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

A culture that actually respects people. Passion for the customer and their goals. Technology that is quickly becoming the best in the industry

Cons

Still needs to move quicker in marketing tech space.

Advice to Management

Focus this business more globally and let the experts with a track record of success drive its future