Experian Marketing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Experian Marketing Services Reviews

Updated May 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good (in 18 reviews)

• Great people with many years of experience in the industry (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, overtime work not recognized (in 10 reviews)

• Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked (in 16 reviews)

1. "Great Company, getting stronger and faster..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership team and very committed people environment. Solid strategy and execution engine. People who really care about the customer, the financial health of the business and more importantly progressing people in the organization . I work on the 6th floor and see happy faces, this tells you a lot about the organization. We have a new North American EVP who is really bringing great leadership to our business. Great benefits and pay, total package is very competitive

Cons

Need better integration with technology partners to make sure we are delivering a better customer experience.

Advice to Management

Keep driving strong momentum, and advocate across groups to solve challenges

"Don't believe the reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Used to be a great place to work, but sen leadership can no longer be trusted. Can you believe they asked people to post positive reviews here? There is no integrity left with the current leadership team. Leaders lie to people's faces. They protect their friends and let the good people go.

Cons

Not sure where to start. The platforms are a mess. Customers are furious and leaving in droves. Leadership doesn't care about the people or the company, only what benefits them personally.

Advice to Management

Sell to someone who will fix the platforms, value the employees, and restore some degree of integrity to this once great company.

3. "Experian Product Training"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

I work with smart people who care about what they do and know how to work hard and communicate well. I've been impressed since my first day with how well my team works collaboratively and actively reaches out to ensure all ideas and opinions are heard. My work is appropriately challenging, varied, and interesting, but my team also takes care to make sure that everyone has an acceptable work-life balance. I feel supported on my path for professional development and look forward to continuing to grow my career at Experian.

Cons

I do not have any cons to report. The organization is large and is working to make collaboration among teams more formalized and less ad hoc. They are moving in the right direction. I would like to see more opportunities for getting to know people outside of my environment.

5. "Optimistic for the future"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Pretty solid work/life balance - most managers don't mind working from home if you communicate the need and get your work done. There are times when things are hectic and hours are crazy, but for the most part people make an effort to have balance.
    * Executive team are professional and want to do the right thing, and there are other really great people in the company.
    * Lots of opportunity to grow yourself and do things you want to do.

Cons

* There have been a lot of starts and stops, which can be frustrating with unclear vision and strategy to work towards, but I think it's getting better.
    * Legacy culture in the org can feel blame focused -- my team isn't necessarily this way, but many other groups or people who've been here a long time often have that approach... "that was this group's fault, or this person's fault, or we couldn't do this because that team said not to, etc." Would like to see it become more solution oriented - it is what it is, how do we make it better, move forward.

Advice to Management

* Develop and communicate a clear vision and strategy for the business, and stick to it.
    * Be mindful of culture and how it impacts new employees.

6. "Leading the way in data driven marketing platforms"

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

State of the art product that allows marketers to take a data driven approach to customer and prospect communications. Leaders with a clear vision and industry expertise. Culture that values employees and fosters innovation and career growth. Employees are empowered to make decisions and drive the future of the company.

Cons

Could use more investment to fund product initiatives. Need tighter integration into Experian services and products from other divisions. Broader Experian is regionally focused; continue recent EMS restructuring to global business to best serve a customers worldwide needs.

Advice to Management

Take more risk and invest heavily in your vision. We have all the assets to be #1 in the marketplace.

7. "."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Experian Marketing Services full-time

Pros

Great people, exposure to senior leadership, a lot of autonomy, great resources, and network within Experian. I have had the privilege to work with really talented and intelligent people.

Cons

A lot of change over the last couple of years. However, with new leadership in place, I think we can break down barriers and move successfully into the future.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate. This was the first year, in a while, that we are hearing from our leaders on a consistent basis, let's keep the momentum!!

8. "Very flexible work environment"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Experian Marketing Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Very flexible work environment/work from home
    * For the most part, the people you work with are very nice and most people get along
    * Trying to push digital platforms instead of legacy DM products
    * Pay is somewhat competitive. Benefits (Insurance) is pretty good, although has increased the past few years
    * Company matches 401K up to 4%

Cons

* Constant re-organizations
    * Constant changes in Sr Mgmt
    * Bonus payout is very small
    * Behind the times in internal working platform and slow moving to react to the digital and email space
    * Expansion into Costa Rica has not worked.

Advice to Management

Not sure. There is a contact changing of Sr level management that you can't keep track of who is in charge.

9. "Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A culture that actually respects people. Passion for the customer and their goals. Technology that is quickly becoming the best in the industry

Cons

Still needs to move quicker in marketing tech space.

Advice to Management

Focus this business more globally and let the experts with a track record of success drive its future

10. "Technology Team Rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Experian Marketing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company works on a global software platform at a scale that's a great challenge - comp sci problems! Cool stuff.
    Get to work with big brand names, airlines and hotels as clients - if you want to do something relevant, it doesn't get better than this
    Team has focused now on Hadoop ecosystem and solving our challenges and customer asks via that stack. Lots of learning opportunities
    CTO and leadership is great - totally revamped in the last 2 years - focused on technology but also take people development seriously (for example, we all have career development plans that our managers are held accountable for)
    Great people - not a lot of politics in the tech team itself - everyone is willing to help

Cons

Lots of change - in one way, company has the courage to make a change; in another, we need to be still long enough to learn if something is learning. Not all really impact us at the engineer level so that's cool.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - a people and customer-focused technology team is great. Keep taking care of and and recognizing techies.

11. "Going in the right direction"

Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Services in New York, NY

Pros

People are amazing to work with; Work-Life balance is good. Leadership are making better decisions.

Cons

EMS needs flexibility to do things differently than Experian, we are not a credit company.

Advice to Management

Make sure you articulate your vision and strategy well.