Experian Reviews in New York, NY | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Craig Boundy
1 Rating

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management can be absent & disconnected with staff (in 39 reviews)

• Work/Life Balance can be hard to achieve due to a lack of real subject matter experts in our specialized field within Experian (in 17 reviews)

"Client Relationship Manager"

Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Relationship Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian (More than a year)

Pros

Smart dedicated people, Managers have been knowledgeable and helpful in developing team and team mates

Cons

Clients vary and so does the time you put in, technology can also be fickle

"Administrative Staff"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

If you report to a C-level Mgmt...there are a lot of little perks

Cons

Stretched too thin...with no OT allowed

Advice to Management

Treat your support staff bette.r

"Seven years and counting, most brilliant corporate experience I've ever had."

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Your opinion really matters and will make differences both internally and externally for customers benefit. Very flexible work life balance!

Cons

This is a very customer focused organization. Sometimes the feedback or loudness of certain customers can have negative implications without intending to...

Advice to Management

More agile work environments will lead to faster turnaround of innovative products to the market! Please relax the admin demands put onto the Salesforce as we'd love more time to be meeting with clients.

"Marketing Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good email business. Potential for huge revenue.

Cons

You fired the NY team where all the knowledge was, there were a few idiots but overall it was head and shoulders above the LA office.

Advice to Management

The entire LA office is a bunch of incompetent idiots. Rehire the NY team and move
    DEV to NY. The application will turn around 100%. One guy there, actually knew what was wrong and it was documented but he took it when he left.....

6. "Teamwork"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team work across multiple organizations within Experian, when assistance was needed in order to complete a project, employees stepped up and were totally committed to ensure a successful & timely completion of the project.

Cons

As employees, we tend to work within our silos, and not reach out to other organizations within Experian.

Advice to Management

The senior leadership and the senior management teams should continue to encourage and support the sharing of knowledge across all organizations within Experian. This will result in ensuring the successful completion of future projects. It will help ensure the communication of the organizational vision to our employees and encourage our employees to support and embody that vision, and drive results.

"Wierd vibe and predatory work environment"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, company car to all customer-facing sellers

Cons

Predatory management practices. When I joined it was made clear to me that I was supposed to "clean house" There were good employees in place and I was not about to just fire them. When I decided to keep these employees my fate was sealed and I got the sack

Advice to Management

Try developing new managers and employees rather than just take them in and fire them after 9 months. Provide an opportunity for improvement and mentorship. Work life balance was a joke here

8. "Outsourced"

Current Employee - Data Management Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Data Management Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work is possible, fair compensation, good people

Cons

Layoffs and work outsourced, not a good work life balance

9. "Great, very rewarding super internship"

Current Employee - Client Engagement in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Engagement in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice group of people. Very motivated and wants to do well. Great location in midtown. If you work hard it can be very easy to move up.

Cons

Work can get very repetitive. It is all about using the internal tool, which seems to have many setbacks. Should be revamped.

"Like a bad Saturday night live skit"

Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, work from home, Some people who really care, get in with the right crowd and you can climb the ladder quickly, great place to learn various skill and gain global experience.

Cons

1st and foremost, company makes most major decisions based on what they think it will do to the stock, unless it makes the stock price go up, we aren't doing it. Some decisions aren't logical. Constantly cutting headcount to hit EBIT targets, too much decision by committee, the Matrix is not working, lots of finger pointing at the senior leadership level, total old boys club unless you are in your 30's and wear short skirts and shirts that show off you cleavage...well then you get noticed

Lots of off-shoring of technical roles, minimal investment in products, they expect to make 40% margins but only invest 2-3% total revenue back into product, hence the decisions based on stock impact.

If you progress on the ladder quickly don't expect your compensation to go up equally you will fall behind and they will make terrible excuses about why they can't catch you up

They tollerate bad behavior from senior leaders, they keep poor performers around way too long, becomes detrimental to the business. Especially leaders who are poor performers.

CEO never makes an attempt to connect with the people.

Advice to Management

Take a hit on the stock price and invest in the company, if you don't you won't have much in a few years. Sell Marketing Services already, its a dog.

11. "Experian CheetahMail client services, great management experience and strategic role"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great variety of clients, ability to have freedom to manage team, decent compensation, good travel benefits

Cons

Too much fire fighting sometimes, management makes rush decisions occasionally