Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All CitiesCurrent Employees

Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Great people, eh compensation"

Current Employee - MCE Teir I Agent in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - MCE Teir I Agent in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love love love the people I work for. Everyone at our call center has a great and friendly personality. I've never worked for a company this big before and was really nervous. They're flexible and work with you if you have stuff come up.

Cons

Not the best communication when it comes to what is expected of us. Also many of us got the same rating on our yearly reviews, some of which DID NOT earn a 3. Makes it hard to think top performers are being adequately rewarded. In MCE, it's hard to move up unless you are dispute trained... and it's HARD to get into dispute training.

Advice to Management

Better communication about career advancement. Better rewards for top performers. More opportunities to better ourselves to best serve the company. WORK WITH US ABOUT SCHOOL SCHEDULES!!!!

2. "Corporate IT"

Current Employee - Network Architect in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Network Architect in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits; supportive & knowledgeable co-workers; considerate & supportive of family life; skill enhancement training opportunities encouraged..

Cons

Non-integration of acquisitions forces deviation in infrastructure design standards; IT budget is tight causing delays to refresh, yet IT Sr management are pushed to keep technology current.

Advice to Management

Enterprise architecture should listen to infrastructure operations, not just business acquisition devops.

"It's alright?"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Relatively modern technology
    Some of management cares
    If you get the ears of the right people, they'll listen
    Tons of opportunity for recognition if you're willing to work for it?
    Great personal development plans usually
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Solid benefits

Cons

Don't accept a low salary at the start, large and rapid growth is capped by subjective team based ratings
    Bonuses aren't consistent and based off of % of completion of expected rate of growth that are out of independent BU's controls. The dates shift around, and they've started back paying raises after review periods.
    Lateral mobility isn't really always an option, managers will work to block you if they feel you're needed where you are as a cheap and valuable asset, despite your skill set being beyond the position
    If senior management decides to focus on growth, you can be asked to reduce personal technical development, instead focus on training and assisting newly contracted outsourced resources

Advice to Management

Talk to more than just other managers about how things really are. Middle managers can be firewalls that act as a filter that doesn't convey a clear image of the working experience and the positions of those under them. Whether it be technical or working experience.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours / schedule / telecommuting. Good amount of vacation and sick. Opertunities available within the company for varying interest, easy to apply and move within the company. Good perks for employee wellness, continuing education, other benefits.

Cons

Salaries below market avg. Difficult to earn substantial raises without threat of leaving the company.

"Okay"

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Experian (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid work life balance. Somewhat of a decent place to start a career. Great place to retire considering the pace of organizational change.

Cons

Limited growth opportunities. Poor communication. Monotonous work and limited innovation potential given the regulatory constraints governing the core business. Lack of creativity or willingness to evolve. Regulation also serves as a barrier to entry which gives management incentives to keep the business in a steady state (and fear for change)

Advice to Management

The bulk of the business should and can be automated. Invest in technology. Invest in succession planning to push the business into the future.

"The company is a work in progress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company was floundering for a while, but it seems to be slowly getting back on track with some management changes. There is still a way to go, but I think there is at least an effort for improvement. Results are still TBD.

Cons

It's a boys club. Want I mean by that is employees are told one thing, i.e. "it's a company policy" but I have seen specific examples of male employees having a high up friend, which means that HR policies don't apply. This happens with accountability for individual performance as well (I have seen it, I'm not just speculating). The favorite sons automatically get the highest performance ratings.

Advice to Management

Recognize that talent within your organization and tap into employees' passion for the business. This start by listening.

"Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at Experian (More than a year)

Pros

Easy Work, work out center onsite, benefits

Cons

Money, no perks, favoritism, no freedom

"If it looks too good to be true it probably is."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They are not going anywhere, the company will be around for a long time.

Cons

Deceptive during interview process around compensation; below market compensation

Advice to Management

There is value in retaining employees.

"Great company but needs improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, free food, lots of job opportunities, great benefits, fun activities, nice coworkers, management understands that there needs to be life/work balance

Cons

It is very difficult to move up unless you are one of the favorites or friends with the big guys. There is too much uncertainty as to what is going to happen to the company.

Advice to Management

Be transparent, take care of your direct reports and make sure they are happy. Meet with your employees at least on a weekly basis, make an effort to acknowledge and praise those that work hard ans are doing a great job.

10. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Experian (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Good company culture

Cons

resources are limited to perform job