Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Terrible"

Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not many pros.

Cons

Terrible senior leadership and practices. They care only about themselves. Sweat shop. Don't work there!

Advice to Management

Treat people like assets not commodities. Give them the freedom to fail and encourage them when the do.

2. "Administration"

Current Contractor - IT Professional in Omaha, NE
    Current Contractor - IT Professional in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Experian as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay during this contract period

Cons

Lack of communication, lies, lack of support, lies, really expensive benefits, lies

Advice to Management

Stop lying when you hire someone

"Do not agree to work under the contract for ECS"

Former Employee - Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

Pros

1) an experience working for a big company

Cons

1) incompetent people
    2) treat you as the slave
    3) no compensation
    4) no opportunities to grow
    5) a lot of politics games
    6) high level people do not care about mid-level people
    7) a lot of gossiping around each and everything
    8) people are selfish and arrogant
    9) a small salary for this amount of stress and work

Advice to Management

Be open not only in your words on public but also in real actions. Listen to your employees and not to your ego of the bonus for the year. Give your employees a chance to grow inside the company. Do play the game we do not care we just hire and cut people whenever we want.

"Facility manager"

Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Springfield Gardens, NY
    Current Employee - Facilities Operations Manager in Springfield Gardens, NY

I have been working at Experian (More than 8 years)

Pros

global corp.good benifits and culture

Cons

too many hours and not enough staff

good

"Massive Waste of Time"

Former Employee - Technology Architect in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Technology Architect in Riverside, CA

I worked at Experian (More than 5 years)

Pros

Experian is exactly like Blockbuster, before the fall--Arrogant, aloof, and underestimates the rate of technological change. There is no value for innovation. There is no respect for people. This was evident in my 2 week tenure. My first 3 days, I did not have a computer--and was expected to know what was being emailed to me by HR as if I did. Your employee orientation lasts long enough to take you to the security guard to get your badge, and then good luck...go got work. Nobody talks to you. Nothing like driving into work and sitting in traffic an hour to sit in a cube in a fairly trafficked area, and nobody even says hello. Ice cold, if you are a people person, this place will make you angry. I don't think anyone knew I had kids, taught at the University, and did not care to ask. Never seen a place like this. Don't waste your time on the interview process, this is not a good place to work, no matter how many awards they buy.

Cons

This is not a technology company, so if you are a geek. Go somewhere else--they dont like geeks! The PC I finally got, could barely run the security compliance software. I did not even have Visio for diagrams. There is no trust at all, and no assumption of professional competency. Pretty much all web sites are blocked. Try writing code with Notepad, I swear they just wanted to frustrate me. Forget about Eclipse, Atom, Cloud9 -- you are screwed! Lets say you install a Linux Shell and wget an editor...busted. You cant even install personal productivity software on your work computer. Think for second, why does a place so anal about security run windows? Makes no sense at all...how much malware/rats/viruses have been dropped on Ubuntu or Open Office? Don't walk away from your desk to go workout--forget about work life balance--that is corporate BS too. When I came back, I had a Kensington Lock on my computer and chair--how humiliating. Here is the rub, I was not given a Kensington Lock, and when this incident occurred, short of it being a good laugh on me. I never got one for my computer, so what was the point, short of humiliation.

Advice to Management

Trust your people and treat them like they have a brain, or give them a severance and send them home. Make the office a civilized place. Fire the managers that hide in their office. Stop the fruit bowl Tuesdays and use the money to buy modern computers. Higher HR staff that understand the value of employee retention. First impressions matter, orientation needs to be more than here is your security badge and good luck.

"Dog and Pony Show"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary is higher than the average, descent medical, 401k match is higher than average, HR is top notch

Cons

Management is typically promoted from within and have ZERO professional or managerial training so they are close minded, judgemental, insecure, bitter, and seem to hate their job. Experian acquired Passport so they growth was too fast for executive to conduct quality measurement and performance reviews. Staff is scattered and most staff members have more qualifications than their management. If a job says 50-70% travel they mean 100%, most managers want you to travel on your Sundays and don't care if it's a holiday.

Advice to Management

Take some training, relax and embrace the opportunity to learn and grow. Take care of your employees cause they make you look good.

"Look out, change is coming"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company is made up of some very seasoned, knowledgeable people that care about Experian, its clients and consumers. They are dedicated and many have been at the company for decades. Their contributions have made the company what it is today.

Cons

A new President of the CIS division has joined the company. He tells the employees one thing and does another. It is clear that he has intentions that will adversely affect the current employee base.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, after all they are the reason why the company has been successful.

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Allen, TX

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

The company name on resume

Cons

Lies about job position and details of work, initially stated customer service ended up being sales.

Management was micro managing, supervisor would check personal trash bins to gather Intel against you.

Manager was uninviting, intimidating and would yell across the room to get my attention. Very disrespectful.

Call center supervisor was oblivious or simply complacent to mistreatment of call center agents.

Even with excellent record of attendance, quality of service and exceeding quotas if 1 manager doesn't like you and cries to her supervisor it's over for you.

Basic pay.

Advice to Management

Why not try getting managers that are genuine, honest and open minded to different cultures .

Treat others with respect regardless of level or superiority.

Have the decency to make people aware of high turn over rates therefore an understanding that at any moment to meet profit need people are let go on a constant basis for little to no reason.

"Terrible Company - Stay Away"

Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Really good relationships with peers. Most people, especially long-time employees, work really hard and care about results because they are self-motivated...not because of anything management does.

Cons

Just about everything! Poor planning. Cost cutting at the expense of quality. Offshoring of IT resources with no consideration of skill levels or experience. But in spite of the constant cost-cutting, many projects had $ millions thrown at them but were so poorly conceived and managed that they were never successfully implemented. Constant layoffs and everyone worried about layoffs. Too much of "who" you know and not "what" you know to get ahead.

Advice to Management

Worry less about the shareholders and short-term profit and more about the employees, morale, and long-term investments in technology infrastructure and projects that pay off in the long term. Respect the business and technical knowledge of the employees and include them in decision making.

"Marketing Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Good email business. Potential for huge revenue.

Cons

You fired the NY team where all the knowledge was, there were a few idiots but overall it was head and shoulders above the LA office.

Advice to Management

The entire LA office is a bunch of incompetent idiots. Rehire the NY team and move
    DEV to NY. The application will turn around 100%. One guy there, actually knew what was wrong and it was documented but he took it when he left.....