Experian Reviews | Glassdoor

US - All Cities

4.0
Craig Boundy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Mature working environment with an excellent focus on work life balance (in 113 reviews)

• everyone has a laptop and can work from home as needed (in 35 reviews)

Cons

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

friendly atmosphere, cares about professional development, work/life balance, strong supportive culture within my department/team.

Cons

moving projects forward takes a little long.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! I feel valued here and I appreciate the opportunities given to grow further in my position.

2. "Decent pay, average benefits, good leadership culture, scary layoffs"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Allen, TX

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership is very supportive. As someone who suffers from a lot of chronic illness I've never felt like anyone wants to challenge that and call me lazy for being chronically sick. There's always events to pick up morale and when we have to work hard, the company recognizes it and is always providing free meals or snacks when we're in the middle of a big overtime stint.

Cons

There's a big layoff problem. It happens without a lot of communication, so you can be doing great with your supervisor and manager but then the higher ups send out an email and the next day you're without a job. They don't seem to work so hard at trying to find you a different position within the company to keep working with them. Growth opportunities seem abundant but no one will be clear with you about what's holding you back from climbing the ladder.

Advice to Management

Transparency about how to get promoted would be nice. Also some sensitivity training for new supervisors who aren't use to dealing with folks who are chronically ill would be nice. My current supervisor has been a little aggressive with me lately when I get caught up on a call with a doctor during lunch or an appointment goes late. I understand that being at my job when I'm scheduled is important, but I am juggling several major health problems so at times I am seeing several doctors a week.

Experian Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Director, MCE HR

Thanks for taking the time to post on Glassdoor! At Experian, we value our employees and I’m happy to hear that you have felt that support in challenging circumstances. While we cannot always share... More

3. "Senior Software Developer .Net"

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Experian full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, current rate on salary DOE, great people to work with, acceptable life/work balance. Culture and values fantastic, many events for most popular holidays to keep up social interaction with everyone in the company, regardless how high or low you are on the totem pole.

Cons

Poor management resulting in many issues, mostly stress related. Advancement possible, not tied more to relationships with management, rather than accomplishment. Sizable layoffs yearly, ironically same day as issuance of annual bonus.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your team members rather than elaborately going out of your way to avoid them.

"What have you done for me today"

Current Employee - Software Development Developer Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Development Developer Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair pay and benefits
    Work from home option
    It is a big enough place you can just blend in
    There are a few small groups scattered around that do good things and are pushing to try new things

Cons

Long hours are expected and not rewarded
    Middle management seems to be just trying to keep there job rather then help the team grow and move forward
    Reorgs are the norm

Advice to Management

Pick a direction and stick with it for more then 6 months. Rather then rebrand the outside, take a look inside and find the people getting things done and highlight that rather then changing the look of the logo

5. "Powering Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Experian are what makes your time here so brilliant - I've been fortunate enough to work with incredible managers (current manager especially) and inspiring team mates. I am always blown away by the energy and innovation of our people - they're creating cutting edge products and are working in a space that is becoming more and more important to people every day.
    Furthermore, Experian is a truly global company and there are incredible opportunities to work with people from around the world as well as relocate to other offices around the world. I relocated internationally this year, and the support I have received throughout this move has been wonderful – both in and out of work.
    I am also really impressed by the Senior Leaders in the US - they have high visibility and their passion for their work is tangible. I feel like we're being led by a CEO that is both down to earth and passionate. The Senior Leader team is also filled with individuals who love their work and want the best for their teams. It's aspirational.

Cons

My experience with Experian is somewhat unique, as I have worked for the company in two different regions. As such, I have felt the culture change from one region to another and have seen the way in which practices and procedures vary from one city to another. Experian is on a journey, with the recent rebranding assisting to create a global identity that all locations can embed. However, there is still a way to go.

Advice to Management

I would encourage management of the regions to think a little less centrically. There are great teams working across the globe and with a little less take and a little more give, there could be some wins in aligning simple processes, procedures and methodology that would greatly benefit the culture.

"Marketing Analyst"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has great benefits - from fully paid parental leave to paid volunteer time and 401K match. It also really values work-life balance and is great for working parents. The current leadership is engaged and values their employees' opinions. Overall, good place to work and company to retire with.

Cons

Difficult to get promoted or move ahead. There are not a lot of opportunities to be crossed trained or learn additional skills. Promotions are difficult to come by and the pay is on the lower end in the industry.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being engaged, open, and transparent!

"Work hard, innovate and make a difference with great people"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career opportunities in many business units or globally, development resources, working with smart people, being able to innovate, working on a winning team, being able to do volunteer work, work for a company with integrity...so many more pro's.

Cons

Non-sales functions can be lean in terms of resources so you need to regularly create efficiency to survive. Internal systems are archaic and inefficient.

Advice to Management

Upgrade technology; our finance and HR systems are due for an overhaul if we want to be competitively ahead. Build more effective product management capabilities that continually deliver what clients need now and in the future. You are focused on making it a great place to work, but why do internal processes continue to be inefficient? Senior leaders accountable to make us more efficient and responsive to clients.

"Great place to work in the OC"

Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules with remote possibilities
    Strong leaders who hire solid talent and then get out of the way
    Comprehensive benefits package
    Consistently recognized as one of the most innovative companies by multiple publications

Cons

Building is starting to show its age, but being redone soon

Experian Response

Aug 30, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive comments! We are working on a Campus Refresh project that has just started and will be underway over the next several months. Feel free to email any comments or questions... More

"Data Analyst"

Current Employee - Web/Data Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Web/Data Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Management allows me to do my job and gives me lots of independence in what I do
    -FTO (Flexible Time Off) is generous and easy to use
    -Lots of opportunities to move around and learn on the job
    -Good people to work with at the peer level, immediate manager level (my previous and current boss are both great) and the leadership level. The chain of command above me is fair and inspiring
    -I could list more, but I'll sum it up with: In general, I am very happy at Experian

Cons

No complaints worth mentioning here :)

"Senior Marketing Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Analyst in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Experian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Great people. Good compensation.

Cons

Limited opportunities for growth and career advancement.

Showing 360 of 1,387 reviews